Tool [Archive] UnrenGUI + F95CheckerX

May 17, 2023
UnrenGUI_2u9VT162ho.png

Simple GUI version of the UnRen tool originally created by Sam.

Features:
  • Auto-updater
  • Cross-platform
  • No dependencies
  • Batch processing
  • Support for MacOS .app bundles
  • Can automatically load your library on startup
  • Amazing Universal Renpy Mod by 0x52 included!
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

--------------------

Direct downloads are not available anymore.
Follow instructions below if you want to compile from source.

Last edited:

Sober-man

Apr 3, 2023
folks, can someone, pretty please, make a portable version of F95CheckerX (like the original program, download, unzip and use)?

r37r05p3C7

Nov 8, 2023
folks, can someone, pretty please, make a portable version of F95CheckerX (like the original program, download, unzip and use)?
After following instructions in the OP you get a "portable" folder, just like the original.
It takes couple of minutes and you only need to do it once.

socrazy88

Dec 23, 2020
Attempting to follow these directions in windows Powershell (after updating python to 3.11.5 and installing poetry), when I try to build the application("python setup.py build"), I get the following:

File "setup.py", line 9
name = f"UnrenGUI {globals.APP_VERSION}"
^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

(The caret originally lined up with the trailing " in the line above)

If it matters, I initially updated to the latest version (3.12.1), but poetry threw an error at the install command for UnrenGUI, saying it needed a version <3.12, so I uninstalled python and poetry, and reinstalled both again with 3.11.5 and poetry 1.7.1.

The "poetry install" command resulted in the following:

Creating virtualenv unrengui-h9ODQTF4-py3.11 in C:\Users\*****\AppData\Local\pypoetry\Cache\virtualenvs
Installing dependencies from lock file

Package operations: 38 installs, 1 update, 0 removals

• Installing colorama (0.4.6)
• Installing click (8.1.7)
• Installing pyqt6-qt6 (6.4.3)
• Installing pyqt6-sip (13.6.0)
• Installing qt6-applications (6.4.3.2.3)
• Installing distlib (0.3.7)
• Installing filelock (3.13.0)
• Installing packaging (23.2)
• Installing platformdirs (3.11.0)
• Installing pyqt6 (6.4.2)
• Installing qt6-tools (6.4.3.1.3)
• Downgrading setuptools (69.0.2 -> 68.2.2)
• Installing certifi (2023.7.22)
• Installing cfgv (3.4.0)
• Installing charset-normalizer (3.3.1)
• Installing cx-logging (3.1.0)
• Installing darkdetect (0.7.1)
• Installing identify (2.5.30)
• Installing idna (3.4)
• Installing lief (0.13.2)
• Installing mypy-extensions (1.0.0)
• Installing nodeenv (1.8.0)
• Installing pathspec (0.11.2)
• Installing pyqt6-plugins (6.4.2.2.3)
• Installing python-dotenv (1.0.0)
• Installing pyyaml (6.0.1)
• Installing qtpy (2.4.1)
• Installing urllib3 (2.0.7)
• Installing virtualenv (20.24.6)
• Installing wheel (0.41.3)
• Installing black (23.10.1)
• Installing cx-freeze (6.15.10)
• Installing isort (5.12.0)
• Installing pre-commit (3.5.0)
• Installing pyqt6-tools (6.4.2.3.3)
• Installing pyqtdarktheme (2.1.0)
• Installing qtawesome (1.2.3)
• Installing requests (2.31.0)
• Installing semver (3.0.2)

Installing the current project: UnrenGUI (0.0.0)
The current project could not be installed: No file/folder found for package unrengui
If you do not want to install the current project use --no-root

Last edited:

r37r05p3C7

Nov 8, 2023
File "setup.py", line 9
name = f"UnrenGUI {globals.APP_VERSION}"
^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

(The caret originally lined up with the trailing " in the line above)
F-Strings were introduced in python 3.7, run `python --version` to check if you are calling the correct interpreter.

Installing the current project: UnrenGUI (0.0.0)
The current project could not be installed: No file/folder found for package unrengui
If you do not want to install the current project use --no-root
I have no problem installing dependencies on my machine(linux); you can try running suggested command `poetry install --no-root`

socrazy88

Dec 23, 2020
NOTE: Update below, issue resolved here, THANK YOU!

Thank you for your response, sorry to be a bother; I am trying to do all this on my gaming machine, which is still windows due to specific game/applicatioon dependencies. I suspected I might be running into some issues with multiple python versions installed (but needed -- some software I use relies on 2.7.2, which is evidently what the "python" command involves. The py command says it's version 3.11.5, but I get a different set of errors using that:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "K:\Games\h\UnRen\UnrenGUI\source\setup.py", line 5, in <module>
import globals
File "K:\Games\h\UnRen\UnrenGUI\source\globals.py", line 5, in <module>
from semver import Version
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'semver'

Seems strange as above, clearly with reference to python 3.11, it reported installing the semver module.

UPDATE (For the curious, or anyone else who might be in a similar position):

Additionally, I had run into a windows script security issue when trying to initialize the virtual environment. Poetry started loading variables, then windows aborted it because of security settings. (The error included the text "activate.ps1 cannot be loaded because running scripts is disabled on this system.")

I resolved this issue by setting script execution policy for current user to RemoteSigned. However, unbeknownst to me, that instance of powershell had the poetry virtual environment incompletely initialized -- so subsequent attempts to initialize it (or re-initialize it) got me the apparently comforting message "Virtual environment already activated:" followed by the virtualenv identifier listed above. So I thought it was working. Sadly,. that was the problem.

Exiting powershell and restarting, ran ' poetry install --no-root ' (it reported success with no action required), then 'poetry shell' (which this time not only gave me no error, but modified the prompt!), then cd'd to source and then 'py setup.py build' which actually worked, although it did give an alarming number of warnings, and the app immediately throws an error on opening related to the update check on startup, BUT it subsequently does what it's supposed to do apparently perfectly.

Thanks again for your kind attention!

Last edited:

FabTemp

Dec 28, 2018
Sorry but it doesn't works for me (F95CheckerX) :

"if isinstance(flags, RegexFlag): RecursionError: maximum recursion depth exceeded while calling a Python object"

IF it works for YOU : can you simply compile it and give us a RAR to download, simple and efficient.

Sorry to bother you and many thanks if you could do so.

r37r05p3C7

Nov 8, 2023
IF it works for YOU : can you simply compile it and give us a RAR to download, simple and efficient.
⠀⠀⠀⠀ tenor.gif
F95CheckerX

Linux: /
Windows: /
UnrenGUI

Linux: /
Windows: /

I also took the liberty of removing the auto-updater functionality since the repository is no longer available.

jaytee01

Sep 29, 2017
View attachment 3056460

Simple GUI version of the UnRen tool originally created by Sam.

Features:
  • Auto-updater
  • Cross-platform
  • No dependencies
  • Batch processing
  • Support for MacOS .app bundles
  • Can automatically load your library on startup
  • Amazing Universal Renpy Mod by 0x52 included!

--------------------

Direct downloads are not available anymore.
Follow instructions below if you want to compile from source.
It is sad that this is no longer downloadable I would have kept it when I installed a new distribitution.. Does any one have a copy they could make available to me please????

r37r05p3C7

Nov 8, 2023
It is sad that this is no longer downloadable I would have kept it when I installed a new distribitution.. Does any one have a copy they could make available to me please????
Download links just a couple messages above yours

monstrsheff

Aug 5, 2017
Use what? F95CheckerX is a fork of F95Checker, F95Checker is more stable and maintained. So, if you have no clue what you are doing, follow the link and use original F95Checker. UnrenGUI is pretty self-explanatory, it mirrors functionality of terminal based Unren, read more about it in this thread.
Cool . I spent a week using Linux, and nothing happened. Before this it was MINT 18 and Python 2.7 was upgraded to MINT 21, Python became 3.9 and unren stopped working. Who has a clear description of how to work with UnrenGU. And where you refer to is Windows unpacking.

r37r05p3C7

Nov 8, 2023
Cool . I spent a week using Linux, and nothing happened. Before this it was MINT 18 and Python 2.7 was upgraded to MINT 21, Python became 3.9 and unren stopped working.
Cool, but it doesn't really matter since both Unren and UnrenGUI use the Python bundled with RenPy games you are attempting to unpack, rather than the Python provided by your operating system.
Who has a clear description of how to work with UnrenGUI
Download version for your operating system from this post, unzip, run UnrenGUI executable, press some buttons.

FaceCrap

Oct 1, 2020
for those trying to build an executable of UnRenGUI...or already have one
No need to mess with the code to remove update checks, there's a setting to disable the update check...
1705959156261.png
Also, be advised, the included decompiler to create .rpy files from .rpyc files is not fully Ren'Py 8.x compatible. You may run into situations where a decompiled game is going to behave unexpectedly or thowing errors at the most unexpected places.
If you actually do decompile a game, scan the created .rpy files for the occurence of this string...

pass # <<<COULD NOT DECOMPILE: Unknown AST node: ...'>>>>

The text where the dots show may differ.

Some Ren'Py 8.x games will decompile without issue (most likely 8.0.3) but others will produce problems during play. The danger hides in the fact that UnRenGUI will not show these decompile errors, so you may think everything decompiled without errors when in fact the files are unusable.
Another thing, even though it may look like a good thing URM is included, it won't ever update it, so you will still need to update it yourself.

At the time of this post, there's still no fix available for the decompiler...

EDIT: Oh, and btw, the version of F95CheckerX posted here still has three bugs that didn't get fixed.
If you remove a game, an empty image folder is left behind.
The "Unify filtered results" checkbox has no effect. Filtered results are always showing results from all sections.
If you add a "text only" query to the "Saved search query" popup, it won't trigger the search when you later select that search, unless it's combined with an actual filter.

Last edited: