• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Daz Anyway to easily delete manually installed content?

Synx

Jul 30, 2018
Hey,

My harddrive is running out of space and DAZ is taken up like 250GB now, and I want to clean it up a bit since i will never use 90% of the installed assets. Is there an easy way to remove them, instead of going through all the different folders and deleting the stuff I dont want anymore? Thats a bit tedious with so many assets installed. I installed them manually if that matters.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: NemesisGames

rayminator

Engaged Member
Respected User
Sep 26, 2018
it's not easy to remove all files that comes with the assets

I will suggest that you go buy a bigger hard drive like 4 tb's and just transfer your daz3d assets to that drive

wildcat99sh

Aug 31, 2017
If you have the downloaded assetts e.g. as a zip file on another HD, then there is a simple way with Total Commander.
- Left pane MyData-Directory, right pane content of assett to delete
- compare panes with setting "only equal files"
- delete found files on left pane
Repeat for all assetts you want to get rid of

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
For future reference, installing assets via something like will make your life a million times easier.

Reactions: Jumbi

fooslock

Feb 15, 2020
For future reference, installing assets via something like will make your life a million times easier.
Does this work well when manually installing assets, or does it work mostly with DIMM installed assets?

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
Does this work well when manually installing assets, or does it work mostly with DIMM installed assets?
What it does is basically turns non-Daz Store (Renderosity, CGBytes, etc.) assets into DIM-ready files to be installed via Install Manager. You basically link the software to the InstallManager folder and then export the DIM file to said folder. While you wont have Smart Content (there are ways of .), it makes managing them a bit easier if you ever want to uninstall.

Here's a pretty solid video on how it works:

Reactions: Jumbi