• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

HTML Anyone else annoyed at the slow update rate in the html games on here?

Jsmie45

Feb 7, 2020
Anyone else annoyed at the slow update rate in the html games on here? So many promising games that fizzle out after update 1.1. So many games that add maybe one scene and a bug fix every 4 months,

Is this just because of many devs being into it for a quick buck? or just laziness?
its super frustrating seeing ur favourite games get no love from the devs

gman1119

Jan 18, 2022
Anyone else annoyed at the slow update rate in the html games on here? So many promising games that fizzle out after update 1.1. So many games that add maybe one scene and a bug fix every 4 months,

Is this just because of many devs being into it for a quick buck? or just laziness?
its super frustrating seeing ur favourite games get no love from the devs
Which ones?

Pervtron3000

Jan 3, 2019
This being a pirate site, is the developer even supporting the game you’re referring to on here?

averagehtmlenjoyer

Currently enjoying succubi
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2023
Some games are just abandoned but the dev puts out out a mini update a few times a year to milk patreon/subscribestar

It's rather scummy but human greed is too strong I guess

PTSdev

Oct 21, 2019
If I had released my project in its current state, I'd have drowned in hate by now. Sometimes, things are complex and take time.

Sometimes devs simply don't have a plan, run out of ideas or lose motivation. There are some examples for well maintained HTML games with consistent updates. (Love & Vice, The Company, Back to Freedom - just to name a few, there are more).