• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Any known way to get around the mega limit?

GodGoku

The OverLord
Game Developer
Aug 10, 2017
Yes it does, megadownloder, and some other downloading apps like Jdownloader could be used to bypass limit, but from this summer Mega has patched it, and they are now affected by limit.
u can use megadownloader to bypass limit.

GodGoku

The OverLord
Game Developer
Aug 10, 2017
No you cant since about three months ago:

Don't update it.
i just download dreming with dana.
and it didn't cause any problem bro.

Nisselue

Jun 5, 2017
Opera browser has an inbuilt VPN you can turn on/off with 2 clicks.
You need to enable it first by going to:
Menu -> Settings -> Privacy & Security -> VPN -> Enable VPN
You will then get a small VPN button next to your address bar where you can turn it on and off.

If you have another browser you prefer to use, you could just use Opera with VPN turned on when you hit your limit on Mega. :)

brynhildr

Compulsive Gambler
Jun 2, 2017
Or if you've just created your first account on MEGA, for some times you can use the bonuses that they give you (three months more or less, but it's definitely something) like I'm doing right now! In fact I've 30 GB for download instead of the usual 2GB maximum (before actually restart the router/modem), and i've 30 GB of free space for uploading (instead of 15 GB, the standard) c:

Tease Me

May 6, 2017
Me I just quit my membership and download to my compy. It is just as fast as going through Megas path. Yea I have to use chrome to do it. Small trade off.

abracadabra

Aug 17, 2016
Don't update it.
i just download dreming with dana.
and it didn't cause any problem bro.
Dont update what? Megadownloader? Its not megadownloader that was updated its mega patching its servers.
Also, not every country has same limits, nor are they always consistent.

pystudios

Ninja By Sea
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 21, 2017
Easy signup for a free VPN like Windscribe or a premium VPN and change your IP address when you hit your limit. You will need multiple accounts on Windscibe as there's a 10GB limit per account for the free VPN but it's not much trouble to switch accounts when you hit your limit with them as well. For temp email accounts so you don't get spammed you can use a service like Happy Surfing!