Tool RPGM Another RPG Maker MV Save Editor (v1.3 updated)

Creepo

Nov 29, 2017
Hi guys,

Just another RPG Maker MV save editor.

Enjoy!

v1.1:
- Highlight changes.

v1.2:
- Current values filter.

v1.3:
- Variable profiles

Screenshot:
rpgmv.jpg

Requirement:
- .NET 4.7
- Windows only

How to use:
- Download, unzip and execute .EXE
- File -> open: open save files
- File -> save: save it
- Inventory tab: modify gold, items, weapons, armors and variables in games. You can modify, insert new or delete IDs, current values of items, weapons and armors. Only current values of variables can be changed.
+ ID: IDs of items, weapons, armors and variables
+ Current: Values in current save file open
+ Prior: Values in last save file open
+ Highlight rows: values in current save file are different to last save files
+ Filter: filter current values
- Members tab: modify HP, MP and attributes of members in party
- Profile -> Variables: load variable profile
- Profile format: json
+ [ { "id": "1", "name": "Variable 1" }, { "id": "4", "name": "Job done" } ]

Q & A:
- Q: What the heck are those IDs? Can you display the names (of items, weapons, armors,...) instead?
A: I don't know the names. Just make the changes and see what affect to your games.
- Q: What are variables? I don't see them in games.
A: Same answer. Try to modify them. They store the states of your games.
- Q: What are the attributes of members? Why don't you list them by
names?
A: I don't know them as well. Try to change them and look for the differences in games.

gue5t

Sep 11, 2016
A screenshot and a detailed description would be good to have in the OP, also a list of requirements like .NET or C++ libraries needed would be nice to have.

markus T

Engaged Member
Jun 11, 2017
I like this one more than the other editor on this site and the saveeditonline one. Like the above post says...names of the variables would be awesome. If possible.

vagabontul

Oct 27, 2017
I have 200 wood and can not fire was lit:))
He can't buy alcohol and cannot get it going
is the bug?

gue5t

Sep 11, 2016
adding name of variables would be great
The names of the variables are not contained in the save file, they are in the game script files and can't be displayed without the author reading the script file containing them - hint hint > they are the www\data\*.json files so it shouldn't be much of a problem to interpret them.
Also the .NET 4.7 requirement is a bit excessive, can't you compile it for .NET 2.0, .NET 4.0 or .NET 4.5? From what i can see you don't use anything that will require you to compile it for .NET 4.7.

3xd_tango

Jul 28, 2017
The names of the variables are not contained in the save file, they are in the game script files and can't be displayed without the author reading the script file containing them - hint hint > they are the www\data\*.json files so it shouldn't be much of a problem to interpret them.
Also the .NET 4.7 requirement is a bit excessive, can't you compile it for .NET 2.0, .NET 4.0 or .NET 4.5? From what i can see you don't use anything that will require you to compile it for .NET 4.7.
try this then with names

gue5t

Sep 11, 2016
I rarely use save editors but I probably have them all just in case, including the ones you pointed out tough I prefer to get them from the source @ulmf.

That said I do prefer to hav multiple options when I need to use one.

Reactions: FailInc2

FishboneGamingLabs

Game Developer
Jan 31, 2018
Looks interesting, I'll have to try it to see if I can fix some broken saved files that throws an error when trying to load them back.