Sep 29, 2018
I managed to get it installed, but I had the same issue a bunch of other people had where the text is too large for the bounds it's put in. I re-ran the requirements after reinstalling python to get the latest-latest version, and noticed it was asking me to install Microsoft C++ Development tools, copied the link it provided, and around the time I was downloading Visual fucking Studio on my non-work computer I decided I'd had enough and gave it up as a bad job.

You, the dev, have two options: Sort your shit, or make your game so ridiculously interesting that it's worth all this nonsense. Either will work, but one is significantly easier.
Does that imply the game begs players to install developer software? Jeebus...

SunlessSpear

Aug 11, 2017
Does that imply the game begs players to install developer software? Jeebus...
The game itself doesn't! However, of the three 'requirements' in the txt file mentioned in the instructions, the last one failed to install and said I needed Microsoft C++ development tools, and it provided me a link via the console. So, the game didn't ask for it - but one of it's 'requirements' needed it. The link led to a Visual Studio installer, which I recognised, obviously. The C++ package on its own was 2GB, I think? Maybe 4? Whatever.

If it was just a redistributable, that'd be one thing, but I draw the line at installing IDEs, even only partially, on my non-work PC. Especially for an early alpha. Fuck that noise.

Reactions: EtheriumDiggrap
Jun 30, 2019
How you can save your character?
1)open makerMenuUI.py (i opened it with WordPad)
2) find Path = os.path.abspath( pathlib.Path() / "NPCData" / f"{Name}{ID}" )
3) change it on Path = pathlib.Path( pathlib.Path() / "NPCData" / f"{Name}{ID}" ).resolve()
Sorry for my bad English and i hope i guessed your question right.
didn't work for me

yuuy22

Oct 9, 2018
I cant install the 'requirements' even after installing the build tools its asking for, specifically I keep getting
"Building wheels for collected packages: PyQt5-sip
Building wheel for PyQt5-sip (pyproject.toml) ... error
error: subprocess-exited-with-error

× Building wheel for PyQt5-sip (pyproject.toml) did not run successfully.
│ exit code: 1
╰─> [5 lines of output]
running bdist_wheel
running build
running build_ext
building 'PyQt5.sip' extension
error: Microsoft Visual C++ 14.0 or greater is required. Get it with "Microsoft C++ Build Tools":
[end of output]

note: This error originates from a subprocess, and is likely not a problem with pip.
ERROR: Failed building wheel for PyQt5-sip
Failed to build PyQt5-sip
ERROR: Could not build wheels for PyQt5-sip, which is required to install pyproject.toml-based projects"
It made me install the build tools it asked for from the site but still didn't work after installing them.

Reactions: PrettyBoyLikeACook

PrettyBoyLikeACook

Sep 13, 2020
It’s terrible, you can’t even touch the game, because you can’t play it. I tried everything I found and got nothing. Thank you! Good luck to the developer, someday he will make a pre-installed file into a folder.

FrogFrozen

Jan 9, 2018
So, this game's functions were a recreation of EraLang codebase games, but in Python. And, as someone with a lot of experience with EraLang and its associated games, I really don't understand how this game ended up needing any supplementary installs at all.

Nearly all of the functions in this are already coded by default in a typical EraLang game. No additional installs needed. There's even barebones, open-source eralang game templates you can download and then expand off of. That would include nearly everything this game has. I don't see what the point of going through the effort of re-coding it all in Python was.

To have an easier time making a sex AI? That's one of the main things no eragames actually have. The NPC AI is very rudimentary in them. Its the only possible advantage to this I can think of. I'm not sure having to reinvent the wheel is worth that, though. Not unless the AI is genuinely really advanced and there's free-roam aspects like EraTohoTW has.

sgb3

Dec 14, 2019
Well not a peep from the dev since the initial prototype and he (somehow) has one subscriber giving him a single dollar on Patreon. Going to assume this was abandoned.

Reactions: AsstraGal

LittleBigYaoi

Apr 22, 2019
All I got was this:
error: subprocess-exited-with-error

× Building wheel for PyQt5-sip (pyproject.toml) did not run successfully.
│ exit code: 1
╰─> [5 lines of output]
running bdist_wheel
running build
running build_ext
building 'PyQt5.sip' extension
error: Microsoft Visual C++ 14.0 or greater is required. Get it with "Microsoft C++ Build Tools":
[end of output]

note: This error originates from a subprocess, and is likely not a problem with pip.
ERROR: Failed building wheel for PyQt5-sip
Failed to build PyQt5-sip
ERROR: Could not build wheels for PyQt5-sip, which is required to install pyproject.toml-based projects

[notice] A new release of pip is available: 23.2.1 -> 23.3.2
[notice] To update, run: C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\GS Backup 6-26-15\Users\Jamie\Private stuff\Another-Chance-M1\Another-Chance-main\env\Scripts\python.exe -m pip install --upgrade pip
Press any key to continue . . .

I need help on this.

Last edited:
2.30 star(s) 3 Votes