Anna's Decision: Development Thread

TearStar

Developer of Lesbian/Futa Games
Game Developer
Mar 12, 2018
Aug 09 Update:

I got some tips regarding rendering so I made some serious progress. (Thanks @MrKnobb )

Although the game plan changed and also the game desing itself. Not much redoing is required but I need to work on it more.

New features:
- "Open World" with Quest Log
- Character Journal
- Navigation system between different locations

Planned features:
- Expanding this open world by adding some deeper meaning to every variable to the game. Like money has some but not much and only planned to further do it later. But I also don't want it to be a grinder game so... Balance required too.
- Small talk events (more and expanding)
- Side Quest-ish things.

I'm done some rendering but nothing really to share because it's just profile shots for character journals and quest log.

Reactions: Domiek

kinrean

May 12, 2018
just a wonder to me that why so many people use DAZ or 3d model for VR art?

to me it will feel better if is done in drawing

TearStar

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2018
just a wonder to me that why so many people use DAZ or 3d model for VR art?

to me it will feel better if is done in drawing
Because I suck at drawing I have no talent -> Hand drawing.
Modelling everything myself would take more time than just some boring prerendered stuff. Especially at beginning would be that hard. I'm a technical person not an artist. I know that.
Good Luck.
Thank you.

Reactions: Domiek

kinrean

May 12, 2018
Because I suck at drawing I have no talent -> Hand drawing.
Modelling everything myself would take more time than just some boring prerendered stuff. Especially at beginning would be that hard. I'm a technical person not an artist. I know that.
hope you don't mind, another Q , then why not find a artist to help you with the art?
or you see no hope of finding one?

TearStar

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2018
hope you don't mind, another Q , then why not find a artist to help you with the art?
or you see no hope of finding one?
Well... Artists cost money. I want to spend no money if possible - beside development fees like electricity etc. If that would happen - hiring an artist - I would consider using patreon but that makes me do promises that I mostly can't keep. Even if I do that means I need some spectaclular game to gain attention more and more -> need to do more quality stuff and faster etc. It's just... A devil's circle - or how I would say in my langauge.

I want to release it for free since I use nothing that I bought nor is it legal.

kinrean

May 12, 2018
Well... Artists cost money. I want to spend no money if possible - beside development fees like electricity etc. If that would happen - hiring an artist - I would consider using patreon but that makes me do promises that I mostly can't keep. Even if I do that means I need some spectaclular game to gain attention more and more -> need to do more quality stuff and faster etc. It's just... A devil's circle - or how I would say in my langauge.

I want to release it for free since I use nothing that I bought nor is it legal.
i see what you mean, i guess i didn't make it clear, i mean artist that draw for free/fun.

base on your ans, what i understand is that you want to do it for fun, without stress .
but if your story is good, i think some artist will draw for free, if they like the story. i know i will, as i am a artist my self.

TearStar

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2018
Let's just wait on that. The setting is may not be for everyone.

I do like some DAZ Renders so... I don't want to spoiler anything. I'll keep everybody up to date about progress of art.
I actually made some in the past ~1 hour so... Coool.

kinrean

May 12, 2018
Let's just wait on that. The setting is may not be for everyone.

I do like some DAZ Renders so... I don't want to spoiler anything. I'll keep everybody up to date about progress of art.
I actually made some in the past ~1 hour so... Coool.
i see , well good luck with your project.

kinrean

May 12, 2018
A lot of people suck at drawing and artists charge an absolute fortune per picture.
that have to base on the level of the picture, or base of the level of the artist.
but there is artist that will draw for free, but there must have a reason for the artist to draw.
the most easy way is to just make a good story that the artist feel like drawing it.

artist do draw for fun.

TearStar

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2018
Not ones worth using.
That's the issue too. Quality over quantity.
When you are working as a hobbyist sometime you want to stop for a while. It's your hobby you don't want to push and force yourself to work. It's fine by me actually that I'll do everything myself. I just... I can't do art all the time because of work and stuff. I can do script in work too, but that does not apply to art.

kinrean

May 12, 2018
Not ones worth using.
lol, i guess you don't understand artist then.

from what i guess, you just saying the noob/low level, high level artist also help but again you must give them a good reason to help , some thing that they feel they want to help. and as i say before good story is the best way.

story is a type of art too, and high level artist understand how hard to make so some will help.

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
lol, i guess you don't understand artist then.

from what i guess, you just saying the noob/low level, high level artist also help but again you must give them a good reason to help , some thing that they feel they want to help. and as i say before good story is the best way.

story is a type of art too, and high level artist understand how hard to make so some will help.
Look, if any artists were available to work for free do you not think anyone would have tried before?

They either want paying up front or afterwards .... NOBODY works for free.

kinrean

May 12, 2018
Look, if any artists were available to work for free do you not think anyone would have tried before?

They either want paying up front or afterwards .... NOBODY works for free.
well, sure people have try before, and are you saying there is no 1 case that a artist work for other thing then money?

you are right that nobody work for free, but not every one want money. there is thing that is harder to get then money.

and if you want prove, well , i am one of those people. i do help people draw for free, but i only work for good reason or good story.

so if you don't try to find some one , you will never get one. but pls don't say there is no one like that in the world. because that is not true. what true is that is rare and hard to find.

Cybernetics

Jun 18, 2018
well, sure people have try before, and are you saying there is no 1 case that a artist work for other thing then money?

you are right that nobody work for free, but not every one want money. there is thing that is harder to get then money.

and if you want prove, well , i am one of those people. i do help people draw for free, but i only work for good reason or good story.

so if you don't try to find some one , you will never get one. but pls don't say there is no one like that in the world. because that is not true. what true is that is rare and hard to find.
Look at it this way then; it's easier for the OP to do daz3d for himself, rather than working with an artist to draw out the story. It's the OP's decision; why are you stuck on this like it's offending you?

TearStar

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2018
Hiring even a free artist comes with more problem than good. Even if quality is good. Sometimes its even hard for me to work with this. I'm doing progress and if people want to contribute theyll have that chance.

Like a community of modders own arts etc. But well have to wair first release

kinrean

May 12, 2018
Look at it this way then; it's easier for the OP to do daz3d for himself, rather than working with an artist to draw out the story. It's the OP's decision; why are you stuck on this like it's offending you?
hmmm, i guess there is a misunderstand, this is not about the OP , i understand the OP want to take it easy and work alone.

this is @Gomly1980 , i just simple reply what he say.

and i do agree is easy to work alone, but the quality will not be that good, cause of the skill limit.

Cybernetics

Jun 18, 2018
hmmm, i guess there is a misunderstand, this is not about the OP , i understand the OP want to take it easy and work alone.

this is @Gomly1980 , i just simple reply what he say.

and i do agree is easy to work alone, but the quality will not be that good, cause of the skill limit.
There is only one way to get better at things, practice doing them yourself. I see no issue here. You don't need to be a daz expert to make decent renders.