[S> Other] [S>Artist 3D] Paid Animator for Hire (Daz3D)

Stubbornstain

Apr 15, 2020
Hello,

I have been working on a couple of game projects with a friend and I now feel confident enough to advertise my services as an animator. I have been animating for a little over a year now. As such, I must stress that I still consider myself to be new to making animations, but I hope I can be of assistance to your project.

N.B. I have not paid for an extended license for any of my Daz3D purchases, so I can only export images of the models, not the models themselves (not that I'd be wanting to do anything other than animations that can be used in a 2D game anyway).

Work Samples:

Here is a trailer for a zombie killing game I helped to make:

I also rendered out images for this endless runner game (my friend put the building faces in Photoshop to give the appaerance of 3D and did the special effects), again trailer video at the URL:

My Deviantart gallery (which includes more animation samples, as well as still images):

Skills:

I feel confident enough that I can make animations/sprites for the following genres (but obviously I'd like to have in-depth discussions about your project and what is ultimately doable for me):
  1. Visual novels (as in the character animated emotes only)
  2. Text adventures (again, possibly limiting myself to character emotes)
  3. A top down game that lacks perspective (e.g. Asteroids)
I might be able to help to make a side scrolling game too. To summarize, I do not believe I have the skills to be animating interacting figures. I will also not be wanting to use complex backgrounds as part of an animation (as this would take too longer to render). All animation frames will be rendered as PNG format so they can be layered (transparent backgrounds) and then you can compile them in whatever image editing software you use.

In addition to making animations for the above, I am happy to make still images.

Preferred method of contact:

Initially on here via private message, or in a reply to this topic, and then if things look promising we can move to Discord.

Employment Type & Rates:
  • Payment via PayPal.
  • $17 per hour worked (this does not include animation render times).
  • Then for rendering, I will charge $1 per frame of animation (e.g. thirty frames will be $30, and those thirty frames can take approximately hours to render).
  • Once the frames are rendered, I shall pass them onto you and you may use them as you like.
  • You will also have to pay the cost of any Daz3D items I may need to buy from the store (I am open to negotiation on this).
  • If I end up working with you on a regular basis, I might be open to revenue sharing (i.e. an agreed percentage of your crowd funding income each month).
To give some indication of how long it can take me to make a single still image from scratch, I timed myself when making the below image (thumbnail, click):

Lady Took Five Hours Scaled.png

In total, it took me five hours. If you are happy to use presets (e.g. pre-made morphs) I own from the store instead of a custom body sculpt, it can save a lot of time. Sculpting the character from the Genesis 8 Female base to the "plus-sized" lady you see too approximately two hours (I use store bought skins and do not own zBrush, etc). Generally, each character comes bundled with their own shape but I usually prefer to sculpt my own shapes.

It took me a further two hours to set up everything else in the scene, which includes:
  • Posing the character
  • Applying the DFormer tool on the chair cushion so it looks like she is applying her weight to the chair (looking back at the image, it may have been better to have two smaller DFormer fields instead of one larger one)
  • Setting up the environment/background
  • Setting up the lighting and fine tuning render settings
  • Adjusting the camera settings.
Finally, I left the image to render for an hour.

Afterwards, I did a little bit of post-render editing to prepare the image for this forum post, so in total that image took five hours to make, as I said.

Availability:

I am usually not available on weekends.

My time zone is GMT, so I should be able to work with people from both Asia and Australia and people from the Americas. Somebody from Hawaii or New Zealand may be tricky for me as I will tend to be asleep during all of your daylight hours. This because I am not willing to work during my nighttime.

Additional comments:
  • It should go without saying, but all characters I make must be at least eighteen years.
  • In general, I own more clothing for female characters than I do male, so a male character would tend to be more expensive as we may have to factor in buying items
  • As I stated before, I am only going to export images of what I make in Daz3D (I have not paid for an extended license for any of my Daz3D purchases anyway)
  • Images will be sent as PNG format, unless otherwise requested.
  • No content involving any kind of excrement.
Thanks for taking the time to read all that and I look forward to hearing from you!

Last edited:

austrianvox

Apr 14, 2022
I am interested - also created a thread. I might not be able to use PMs yet since I am quite freshly registered