Animations Stutter/Cutting

Pisdrul

Nov 26, 2017
I did a clean install of Windows 10 almost a week ago and, unfortunately, after downloading a game that I wanted to play, I discovered that the animations were "stuttering" or cutting abruptly. At the beginning I thought that the developer was simply unexperienced but after trying another game I encountered the same problem (and over and over again with other games aswell that I played before too).
I did my research: I tried with "SHIFT + G" changing a couple of settings on Renpy, I tried to do a clean reinstall of my GPU drivers but nothing worked for me.
The only "solution" that I found, as of right now, was to do a clean reinstall of Windows but, in my case, that's exactly what caused the problem.

If You have any idea or any possible solution to this I'll gladly listen.

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
So we aren't talking about video stuttering but a video looping before it's end?

Never had this issue but here are a few things to try:
1- Make sure you download because it will install more codecs than windows supports initially, some of which renpy might be trying to use.
2- If 1 is not enough try downloading because renpy makes use of it sometimes.
3- If neither works just try downloading/updating into the system and it might install some extra libs you could be missing.

Last edited:

Esu

Aug 12, 2017
So we aren't talking about video stuttering but a video looping before it's end?

Never had this issue but here are a few things to try:
1- Make sure you download because it will install more codecs than windows supports initially, some of which renpy might be trying to use.
2- If 1 is not enough try downloading because renpy makes use of it sometimes.
3- If neither works just try downloading/updating into the system and it might install some extra libs you could be missing.
I mean it's looping only a first few sec of animation as they are longer, it's kind of stutter, but you can call it how you want, you can see on video exactly what is happening.

I have codecs installed, I always prepare my windows same way everytime I change my pc and I never had this issue. Right now on my second machine where I have same stuff installed in same versions renpy games are working fine.
It's really strange...

Anyway, I installed everything what you suggested, but nothing has changed... still same issue.

Serpico1616

Dec 22, 2018
I am now also having this problem, started two weeks ago. Tried everything I can think of to fix but nothing yet...