VN - Ren'Py - Abandoned - Angelica's Temptation [v0.2.7] [Saruh]

1. 5.00 star(s)

HypnoKitten

Absolutely loved it! Very sexy, sweet, and very take on cuckolding / harem games from a different point of view then usual. It didn't dive too deep into taboos, and it is pretty linear, but... that's ok. It is hot and I like the characters. And the hint that there may be some happy-ending path for all of them? I hope - I can't bring myself to really dislike anyone / root against anyone. All the characters also feel cool as opposed to fetishized - I mean there's elements of that, but they are less 'check off the template' and more actual people who happen to fill the role. And they actually treat each other that way. So normally I prefer more.. intense topics and takes on things, and more options in a game, but this was just well done enough that now supporting it. :)
  2. 4.00 star(s)

baka

not sure why the dev decided to drop this one.
    I really enjoyed it, not because its perfect, with an excellent story and high quality renders, but because it has that easy-going style, that we can see in a couple other "similar" games of this genre.
    the new game is nothing like this one, so Angelica is really dead and thats sad.
    if you have never played it, or just tried the new one, you should definitely try this one, just to see for yourself the difference.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

juneba

Reeeeaaalllly fucking good. Models are great, dialogue is solid, story is over all very good.

It's super unfortunate that the game is On Hold \ Abandoned right now, easily the best game that I've played lately.
  4. 2.00 star(s)

Yng_123

The adventures of plastic dolls in a plastic dolls universe.
    Gave up after 30 minutes.
    The story is very simple and straight, renders are more or less (compared to other parts of the game), but that's the only advantage.
    'Husband's friend' has a dick with a size that a horse would be envy of.
    There are some sex scenes animations, but honestly I'd recommend the author to either remove them, or have them reworked.
    SUMMARY:
    The game needs serious rework, but still not the worst game I've seen on this site.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Fargoon

Great Game with great possibilities !!
    This game is so good and has a very good pacing that it actually made me play through all different possible playthroughs and I enjoyed reading all of it !!

Exactly the correct pace for story progression.

I am reviewing 0.2.7 and this game a lot of good quality content and more than many games who claim to be 0.9 or 0.7 done and have nothing to show for it.

Its good enough for me to even replay the game again and again which very rare for a SEX based game specifically for me.

I expect a lot from this game in the future.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

Gigi Baros

Story: 5/5 Multiple choices with dialogue modified accordingly.
    Art: 3/5 Models used seem blurry due to lack of light in most in renders.
    Bonus points for the characters and scenes. No useless scenes with dialog on-point for each character.
  7. 2.00 star(s)

Risen3247

So this is version .02 and perhaps it will get better, but with the story arc heading in the direction it is, I doubt it. For me it took roughly 90 minutes to play through all paths due to the large amount of dialogue which is well written for the most part. Visuals & H-scenes are above average but clunky in some scenes.
    The story is predictable, with your choices having a minimal impact on the direction, even though different choices give you different scenes, it all ends up in the same place regardless so why have choices at all.
    Art imitates life, I guess.
  8. 3.00 star(s)

Zippity

The following review is based off my personal experience with playing this Game/Visual Novel... I try to be as brutally honest and detailed as I can, and these are my own opinions and thoughts, from one or more play throughs... The version this review is based on is v0.2...

Originally Reviewed on 12/14/2017

This visual novel/game was alright, as it had a lot of dialogue, a little bit of monologue, and had a normal story about a married couple having issues with sex, at least through some parts of it...

The visuals were a bit odd... The protagonist is a woman, which in itself is rare compared to most VN/games of this genre... Her visuals were alright, even though her waist looked a bit anorexic, because it didn't fit with the rest of her body frame... The immersion of the story suffered primarily due to the fact that most of the time it looked like all the women characters were modelling for the camera all the time, barely any natural poses... The semi-animations were also unrealistic, where only a fraction of the body actually moved, while the rest stayed perfectly stagnant without even so much as a flinch... The backdrops were alright, and only a few looked slightly grainy...

The script had an epic ton of dialogue amongst the characters, which was not that bad... There were a few spelling/grammar errors now and then, but nothing terrible... You do not get to make a whole lot of choices for the protagonist, but they do play out as you decided, at least most of them did... As an example, I was trying to see what would happen if I ensured that Angelica didn't go outside her marriage for sex, and yet eventually she does it anyway in an alley while her husband was present... Now I was really liking the depth of the story for most of the script, but it eventually got to a point where I no longer felt remorse for the protagonist, as she began to become very selfish and unwilling to compromise or communicate with her husband, especially after the alley scene... Made me feel that no matter what choices you made, she was gonna have sex with whomever came along regardless... It became less entertaining at that point, because I didn't like the attitude she began having or the direction I felt I was being forced to go regardless of the choices I had made up to that point for the character...

The protagonist is surrounded by a husband that seems to truly love her, and is even willing to bend over backwards to keep his marriage going, the husbands best friend that is pretty much a self-serving sex addict just like the protagonist, Angelica's best friend is in love with her and seems to be driven to make Angelica hers regardless of the outcome, and the protagonist who at first seems to be a loving and caring wife but her sex addiction quickly begins influencing her decisions and not always in a good way...

I was enjoying the story, up till she began caring less about her husband and more about her own desire for sex, to the point that she was messing the marriage up and was unwilling to compromise... The story ended shortly after the alley scene, and left a bad taste in my mouth at that point... I was caring less and less about the protagonist because of her sudden personality changes, when the first 3/4ths of the story seemed to revolved around making things better with her husband, mostly because I made choices that should have pointed her in that direction... Yet she had become more of a sex addict that was completely out of control...

I dunno, some folks will have no issues with the story, and you do get presented with some choices that do allow her to have tons of sex outside of her marriage... But for me, if you are going to allow the reader to avoid those situations why then force it on the reader regardless? Might as well just not bother with allowing choices at all, and just tell a story... There are not lots of choices to be made anyhow...

Overall the story was alright, and this VN/game is not complete yet, so it has more to come... It's not one of the worst VN's I've read, and not one of the best... It's sorta in that middle ground... It has a large script, but the visuals need some work... I will most likely not re-visit this one, and not because I hate it, but it's just not a VN i found overall appealing...
  9. 5.00 star(s)

Thundas

Excellent game story wise out of the hundreds out there, giving you choices/routes to pick and enjoy the progression of the female lead. Graphics wise the game is quite pretty to look at & the developer is currently churning out updates/fixes at amazing speed. Definitely a gem.