RPGM - Completed - Anera The Demon Tower [v1.31 Final] [Camaros]

1. 3.00 star(s)

SparkCarrot

This game is a better RPG than an H (adult) game; at times, it's more enjoyable to complete missions than to corrupt the protagonist. Unfortunately, the latter is poorly executed, as you can go from 0 to 100 without any problem at all, which doesn't make sense since the game can be completed without taking the corruption route.

In terms of gameplay, it's not that enjoyable either. There are hardly any items to buy, and some serve no purpose, even though they might seem to have a purpose there is none, even weapons and equipment are very limited. Perhaps the best aspects of the game are the events and missions, but not much more.

It's simply a mediocre game that stands out for being somewhat entertaining, but it can be overlooked without any issue.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Lemix

I dont know about h-content since i played only "pure" route, but this is surprisingly decent and wholesome lesbian love story, unlike most games of this type not every character in the game is some lecherous old dude that just wants to fuck MC, only some of them, you have no idea how rare it is, most supporting characters are nice and have some dimensions, combat is simple but enjoyble, in games like this i like to grind at some point and despite it, game was still a challenge and never become a steamroll.
    I wish there was more armour tho, maybe as a reward for some of the bosses or something, you can find advanced weapons that are better then from the shop, but armour progression stops pretty early, or maybe i missed some secrets, either way i enjoyed the game quite a lot.
  3. 3.00 star(s)

JacarandaSun

I can't understand why people are throwing 5/5 and 4/5 at this game.

Lets start with positives:
    The art is enjoyable even though the anatomy is a bit off at points (a bit cartoonishly over detailed). The clothing system is also fantastic, genuinely the best part in my opinion. You can mix and match tops/bottoms and most clothing actually pairs well with each other, I wish more games with these mechanics would follow suit. The "main story" has three story paths to the conclusion: adventurer route, whore route, mixed. You are not forced down one road or the other. There is a solid amount of h-scenes, I'd say on-par with what the RPG Maker standard amount. Shout out to the "getting fucked through the prison bars" h-scene, that shit was nice to see. Lastly, the "combat" route is not a grind-fest. I'm here to beat my meat first and foremost and beat some goblins in the process, not vice versa.

Lets hit the negatives:
    The corruption system and morality system is poorly implemented. You go from innocent adventurer to cock-loving whore at the flick of a switch, its a bit silly. At that point, just make her a whore off the bat. In the same vein, the progression of her being a whore is a bit... odd? For example, its questionable that she has the option to get railed in the whore-house before she can give a blowjob, hell its questionable that she even considers it as an option as soon as she does. On a similar note, when it comes to the h-scenes there are only two for each "event": first time seeing and second time seeing. They are essentially the same event each time, just with different text. There is also, for most, a "corrupt" and "not-corrupt" variant, changing the text and her facial expression. Yes I said there is a "RPG Maker standard amount" of scenes, but they're not unique. So standard quantity of scenes, but below par variance. The combat is bland. Yes, there is no grind, but you will do the same exact kind of combat over and over again from start to finish. If you're going to throw non-standard fetishes in there (so for this, futa), then you should lean into it; not sprinkle it for just a moment. The side-girls are under-used. I'd rather the main girl gets a new scene then see basic side-girl get one. In h-games, getting railed is character development and I'd rather see that used on the main girl, not a one-off (even if the one-off is more attractive). Could've also been fine if they just reduced the amount of side-girls and gave those who remain more scenes. Finally, the story, gameplay, and main events (the macro not micro) are all very cookie-cutter RPG Maker. The gist of the flaws can be summed up as: it is better to not include a mechanic than include it and implement it poorly.

It's enjoyable to play, but not stand-out. Solid average 3/5 on the board. It's capable of running in the marathon, but it would never reach the podium.
  4. 4.00 star(s)

Gin_Uroboros

This is a RPGM "GOOD"

In RPGMs there is usually this pre-concept where it can be either very good or very bad.

Well if I had to describe the bases for a good RPGM, this is the game that describes it.

The game is literally short, the basic mechanics and the CG are well done. The corruption is, it is not the best but it is not entirely bad either.
  5. 3.00 star(s)

Dargondo

A very average Lose-to-Win type game where a chunk of the CG sets are locked behind perma-defeats that require you to reload to a previous save, which is helped by the fact that the game gives you a save point right before each of these fights...so save frequently in different slots I guess.

The art is pretty good on its own, so if you don't want to play you can just look at the CGs in the image folder, which might honestly be the better choice since there is nothing special about this game in the slightest when it comes to the actual gameplay loop.
    Just your typical, "grind until you're powerful" JRPG mechanic.
    There is no mid combat sex from what I've seen, no H-attacks, only defeat and prostitution.

There are better games out there, but there are also worse ones, so play if you like, but remember that if you want to see most of the H content, you need to lose...a lot.
  6. 3.00 star(s)

DMSTS

[v1.31 Final]
    It's okay.

-Story, Originality
    Generic plot. Somewhat interesting but nothing overly amazing.

-Renders
    Good 2D art. Looks nice.

-Sound
    Music, sounds, h-sounds. All the basic sounds you need.

-Playability
    Takes hours to finish, but I could only play for an hour.

-Performance
    Runs like an average RPGM game.

-Bugs
    Didn't see any.

-Animations
    Changing images.

-Voice Acting
    No voices (Or there are?).

-Grammar
    Didn't see any mistakes.

-Amount of content
    Solid ammount of h-scenes, pretty varied.

If you lice RPG games, youcan play it.
    But I didn't see anythind that impressed me a lot.
  7. 2.00 star(s)

Interracial UglyB NTR Fan

really don't understand the praise for this game

honestly the art is the only redeeming quality, theres little to no story, characters are ok I guess, premise starts off well and ends soon after

people saying the short amount of content is amazing but really it felt like an above average demo at best
  8. 4.00 star(s)

Golden Idiot

Version: v1.30R1

A good RPGM game with no real ambition behind it. The story is quick and fun, art is nice, the scenes are few but are very well made, plus i can always appreciate a game that offers good dress up mechanics.
    If you want to play a simple good RPGM game, do download this and enjoy it.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

stalkerOne

I REALLY WANT MORE GAMES LIKE THIS!
    A really impressive game.
    The character can be costumed in various clothes, with few but real sex positions.
    The story line is a bit thin, but it includes a special realism.
  10. 4.00 star(s)

LightPinkBoy

This game would be an easy five stars if not for the mtl and the fact that there is a shit ton of text run off. It is honestly so good. Really wish the translation was good and the run off wasn't there.
  11. 4.00 star(s)

pastiche

The way I’d describe a game like Anera is doing more with less, the game is remarkably short on its own and split into two paths in order to make it appear as if the game’s duration is held entirely in the sum of both. In truth everything about the game is minimal to a degree, if you dig through the folder containing the art there’s roughly a dozen or so different scenes in the CG set and one idle portrait per character with replaceable expression attachments.

In terms of plot the game has plenty of angles to work, you can save your futa friend from a slaver ring either by adventuring and leveraging your status as a hero or whoring out. In typical femprotag fashion the adventurer campaign generally requires that you lose a battle to get any of the scenes, with few exceptions. The corruption route gives you about as many scenes as the adventurer campaign, but you just get the scenes as part of the route. Completing the adventurer route is the virgin option for this game (except for the elf lmao).

Most of the fetishes in this game involve rape, pregnancy, being raped to death, monsters, ryona, brainwashing, prostitution, corruption, saimin, humiliation, vore, and you get the gist of it, you’ve been around the block by now it’s a brutal game. Also, as a side note I find it interesting that Maya, even in her death scenes, eventually ends up getting into being raped to death or vored, but her companions always look aggrieved, gives me the impression that she’s the least sane person in her party.

The art is definitely above par, some of the proportions are a bit off namely the venus mounds in this game distend way further than you’d think and seem to be as moldable as silly putty, like it goes from camel to elephant toe real quick. In some scenes the nipples look like they’re glued on sippy cup caps, but these complaints apply to only to a minority of the scenes. The idle portraits for Maya are varied in the sense that they have different outfits and pregnant options, it’s an effective enough way to get mileage out of reusing the same idle portrait.

While Camaros is trying to cut corners, I’m really just glad that either section of the game doesn’t drag, the pacing is good enough that you can retain the story even through the MTL and still be curious enough to see what the other route holds. It doesn’t make any major attempt to stand out as a game apart from the route split, it’s by the books as far as RPGM eroge is concerned. If you hate jrpgs don’t expect to like anything about this game, just go on hitomi.la or just open up the picture folder in the game files and scroll the CG sets because they’re worth checking out if you’re into any of the fetishes I listed above.
  12. 3.00 star(s)

aiinomegami

Don't think the game in itself is bad as this is not the case at all. While the plot can be considered pretty simple and generic the art compensates for this great and in terms of gameplay well you can't really expect much as it's just another RPG Maker game.

The only thing that unfortunately plagues this game is its translation as its MTL and it shows and while the dialogues and general plot may be understood with a little bit of effort it still hugely impacts your overall enjoyment.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

Rebeca H.C

One of my favorite games, it is very good. It gives you several options if you want to get the money the right way. Or you can go the lascivious route, where every time the protagonist prostitutes herself, her value increases. Also the costumes included in the game are good and it also has a very good visual aspect.
  14. 4.00 star(s)

ExcitedCharacter

This is definitely one of the better games that I've played in recent times. While the translation is still VERY rough (as of April 2020) and there are some features that would be nice to have, the gameplay, story, and h-scenes aren't too shabby!

The premise is rather simple: your childhood friend is kidnapped and taken as a slave, and you need to save them before they're sold off to someone. You can do this through a multitude of ways, with the player able to choose their own path. As the player progresses, more of the complexities of the world are revealed, and the player learns more about the characters around them.

Many of the characters are simple, two-dimensional NPCs that wear their personalities on their sleeves. These interactions tend to take away from the immersion, acting as a drawback. Many NPCs only have one line (such as the ones that can be found around town). However, some of the characters do have more depth, and combined with the narrative and event-driven storytelling, they more than make up for it.

The h-scenes definitely aren't bad. The art is rather detailed and well-drawn, and while most scenes don't have anything more complex than a picture or two with text underneath, the accompanying dialogue really helps it stand its ground. One gripe I have with the h-scenes is that many of them were unskippable, with no indication they would take place. This discourages exploration, and acts to the game's detriment.

The gameplay is where this game really shines. Arguably the driving gameplay feature is the day/night system. The time changes as the player moves to different areas, progressively getting later in the day. This cauess the player to decide carefully, as they only have a limited number of days. The fighting mechanics are also pretty solid, using an HP/MP/TP system. Skills are learned progressively as the character levels up, offering novel gameplay. The game also has a decent amount of stat customization, with a large assortment of weapons, and armor of different types.

One of the downsides of the gameplay is the lack of a difficulty setting. The game quickly becomes rather easy, with no way to add an extra challenge without a self-imposed handicap. Another very minor with gameplay is the running speed. Upon first starting the game, I didn't realize that autorun was on due to how slowly I was moving. I'd consider it more of a jogging pace when compared with other RPG games, which can make things seem rather slow.

This game isn't perfect, but it does have many strong points. If you're looking for a fun RPG with interesting mechanics and decent h-scenes, give it a try!
  15. 4.00 star(s)

makeitso

A decently comprehensive RPG with good status tracking. Took me a few sittings to finish, as the story is a major focus and takes time to play through. The writing was actually engaging, too.

Could have used more activities, IMO. Not a superb entertainment experience, but a polished game.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

InnocentKiss5

i loved the game it was fun not the greatest but amazing but there were a few problems such as when i finally got to the auction and it was all happy since i had the million but soon followed! a freaking error for an unwritten script! wth! please fix that but everything else was amazing