Android save game location

openSquadw4

Jan 8, 2018
Well this is not just for one game , i have problems with others no , with all games ..

I just cant find save game , download many backup app and other stuff , search on google then i see those stuff i have no idea what are they talking about , something like internal private storage and storage put only for app .. Other forums and sites tell story about android/obb ~ /data stuff i dont belive because i cant find anything there .. Even with show secret / option nothing is there .

Is that hard to find save game or im just stupid? , only want to save or put my old save in that game not want to play from start .. Then i go crazy and cant find a nothing and that was week since now i think there is good people and they maybe will help me or that is just fairy tale ..

Reactions: Removee

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
If your smartphone has a SD card, your saves are most likely there.
Either you take the card out of your phone and you put it in your pc (through a SD adapter),or you connect the smartphone to your pc via USB cable.
The pc will open the content of the SD card as an external drive (e.g. E:\ - the letter may be different). All the Ren'py saves should be inside E:\Android\data\com.[GAME_NAME].program\files\saves or something like that. As for other engines, I don't know.

eosar

Aug 11, 2016
Android/data/"game or company named folder"
Android/obb/"game or company named folder"

The stuff is either in one of those locations or a combination of both. If in neither, it either has its own folder outside of Android or it's in the protected/inaccessible area and you're officially shit out of luck.
Unofficially, learn about root and its risks. Access vs security.

openSquadw4

Jan 8, 2018
nope i go with usb stuff and search whole thing there is no game what i need to find , but there is a lot of folders around 80+ in sd card... I guess i have no luck or those rpg games for mobile are just for "fun" :cry:

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
How about using the built-in Windows search function? Select the right location (E:\ in my example) and look either for folders named like the game, or for files named like "*.rpgsave" (for RPG Maker) or "*.save" (for Ren'py).

PS: are the apps still on your smartphone, right? Because I've read on a that Android used to remove all the MV saves, once a game was uninstalled.

Renpy gamers

Aug 31, 2019
Use root Explorer
Go to internal storage/android/data

Thats where your renpy games save is

Example :
Become a Rockstar
Org.bars.the66/files/saves

Dating my daughter
Com.spear1403.dmd1/files/saves

ITS depend on your download apk from ( the66 , spear1403 or sensistive )
That all friend ..

unreal7

Jun 3, 2017
Use root Explorer
Go to internal storage/android/data

Thats where your renpy games save is

Example :
Become a Rockstar
Org.bars.the66/files/saves

Dating my daughter
Com.spear1403.dmd1/files/saves

ITS depend on your download apk from ( the66 , spear1403 or sensistive )
That all friend ..
Nope doesn't work on zombie's Retreat

TheBlueKnight

Discussion Dynamo
Respected User
Jr. Uploader
Oct 1, 2018
Nope doesn't work on zombie's Retreat
Zombie's Retreat is RPGM not Ren'Py. I think the save folder might be in the games WWW folder just like on PC, but my emulator doesn't like the apk so I can't make sure (looking inside with 7Zip that's where it is though).

Reactions: unreal7

the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jan 27, 2017
RPG Maker MV on mobile devices doesn't create local save files per se.
JavaScript:
StorageManager.isLocalMode = function() {
    return Utils.isNwjs();
};

Utils.isNwjs = function() {
    return typeof require === 'function' && typeof process === 'object';
};
Android ports aren't based on NW.js. but go ahead and force StorageManager.isLocalMode to be true and enjoy the error messages.
the saves are stored as entries in Chrome's webdb and are deleted once you deinstall the game.

unreal7

Jun 3, 2017
No the problem is that I don't found the folder of the game
Zombie's Retreat is RPGM not Ren'Py. I think the save folder might be in the games WWW folder just like on PC, but my emulator doesn't like the apk so I can't make sure (looking inside with 7Zip that's where it is though).

unreal7

Jun 3, 2017
RPG Maker MV on mobile devices doesn't create local save files per se.
JavaScript:
StorageManager.isLocalMode = function() {
    return Utils.isNwjs();
};

Utils.isNwjs = function() {
    return typeof require === 'function' && typeof process === 'object';
};
Android ports aren't based on NW.js. but go ahead and force StorageManager.isLocalMode to be true and enjoy the error messages.
the saves are stored as entries in Chrome's webdb and are deleted once you deinstall the game.
To be clear I can't use the saves from the pc version?

Daniel Crusoe

Sep 20, 2018
So
where to find saves for rpgm

TheBlueKnight

Discussion Dynamo
Respected User
Jr. Uploader
Oct 1, 2018
where to find saves for rpgm
One reason I tried to install Zombie's Retreat on a emulator is because I expected it to be in the protected data folder, like Teaching Feelings is. looking at a comment in the game thread it was.

Looking at a different RPGM games thread it's also the same, try searching the thread of the game you want to find the save location for.

the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jan 27, 2017
It would be really great if you could guide us through this process. Sorry forgot the noob alert
install the game, start it, open once the options screen and the save location is created (normally Android/data/app id/files/save).
copy your pc save files into this folder, start the game and load your save.

Reactions: Zapdosmoltres1

ToastyB

Nov 7, 2020
install the game, start it, open once the options screen and the save location is created (normally Android/data/app id/files/save).
copy your pc save files into this folder, start the game and load your save.
Umm, how about npc sex private school?
I'm pretty sure that it's from rpgm. And i don't see any folders. But from what i'm curious from, is that www/save folders does exist inside the apk assets folders. I tried used apkeditor to replace the save file with the others that i downloader, but nothing changed. Except i can't enter the game. It's stuck in the title screen, when i play, it force closed itself.

I don't really remember but, its kinda like that(the force close thing).

Reactions: User0115