Ren'Py Android port requests for Estrada777

genpix

Feb 26, 2022
what the minimum version of Android is required to run your ports?
When I install your ported Android game, I can run/play it only one time.
I can not restart the game, it crashes during loading.
traceback.txt says someting about Operation is not permitted.

For example:
OSError: [Errno 1] Operation not permitted: '/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.estrada777.amanforall/files/../../../../Documents/RenPy_Saves/com.estrada777.amanforall/auto-4-LT1.save'

ports made by the66 or c18 works just fine on my Android phone (Android version 8.0.0, Kernel version 4.4.23+)
do I need to edit permissions somewhere?

Last edited:

genpix

Feb 26, 2022

For example:
OSError: [Errno 1] Operation not permitted: '/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.estrada777.amanforall/files/../../../../Documents/RenPy_Saves/com.estrada777.amanforall/auto-4-LT1.save'

ports made by the66 or c18 works just fine on my Android phone (Android version 8.0.0, Kernel version 4.4.23+)
one more strange observation, I can re-start the game ONLY after I clear data/cache for that game in the Apps settings.
this is happening for every single game you ported.
What am I doing wrong?

estrada777

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Mar 22, 2020

For example:

I only test on Android 10, 11, and 12. The66 and C18 build with very old versions of RenPy and I build with the newest versions. They get greater compatibility but lose newer functionality. Sorry, but them's the breaks. I regret that you can't play my ports.

chuangshiren

Aug 4, 2018
Thanks for your hard work. I just want to report that your Life in Santa County port is not IC patched even though it is said so in your post.

OkThanksBye

Aug 8, 2021
Hey man, sorry to bother you, could you please check out this one?

https://f95zone.to/threads/snow-daze-the-music-of-winter-v1-6-cypress-zeta.142/

(i think) the dev himself made the android version but it's broken, you almost can't do anything (can't access menu and settings) and i tried different sites and the mod that amanapanama (i think) made for the game but i can't make it work no matter what i do.

The game is in Ren'py and has 4+ stars as rating, i checked and couldn't find anyone asking for it here or the game in the lists of the ones you already port or have stopped porting, and in the last replies of the thread someone says there isn't a working android port.

Ideally it would be nice to have a gallery for the scenes and access to menu (to save and load) and settings/options), but i don't mind as long as i can access the menu.

Thank you for reading, hope you can make the port, regardless, have a good day :).

estrada777

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Mar 22, 2020