Alternatives to Subscribestar

Melkor99

Dec 7, 2021
okay, I decided to make a subscribestaradult account for stories and such, in order to protect myself if Patreon finds out I'm doing (horror) smut.

That was... several months ago and I'm still on "yeah, we're not going to talk to you, we're just leaving the page up with a big 'if you see this page and want to support the creator, sucks to be you.' banner.

And some have told me they've gone longer. In my day job, verification and turn arounds takes a week, max, and that's if we're having to deal with weird stuff or international stuff that might trigger customs. If you can't even be arsed to check an account in three months, I don't want to know your response time if something actually serious happens when you have your subscriber's money.

So not to be impolite, but Fuck them.

Does anyone know of any other adult services that will respond some time before the sun turns into a red giant and kills us all?

Insomnimaniac Games

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 25, 2017
My substar only took two days to get approved. I sent an expedite email, with my patreon and discord links. I've heard some had success with deleting their old page and making a new one, and then sending an expedite request. So far, the few support emails I've sent have been answered in a matter of days.

ParkG

Game Developer
May 12, 2021
My substar only took two days to get approved. I sent an expedite email, with my patreon and discord links. I've heard some had success with deleting their old page and making a new one, and then sending an expedite request. So far, the few support emails I've sent have been answered in a matter of days.
Same, I was approved in a couple of days, max. All I did was put the SS link on my Itch-io page. I feel bad reading stories/complains from more established devs about their account still being "under review". :(

I suspect that the verification process is highly circumstantial(?), to those still under review: maybe someone's not working when you submit your account for verification? Idk.. maybe.

success with deleting their old page and making a new one
Which is why I believe this would work.

But to answer the thread's question, here are some that I have considered as alternatives:
  • Buy Me a Coffee
  • Kofi
  • Boosty
  • Liberapay

Reactions: Insomnimaniac Games