4.50 star(s) 111 Votes

johndoe1545

Resident Head-Patters
Donor
May 5, 2017
before his page went under review, he did say he stop the patreon payment as he feel like he not producing anything but yet receiving money for it...

after a brief while, he did release some teaser for 0.13 and said sorry for delay... but then no news has been heard so far

Reactions: ᴏᴄᴛᴏ

156_163_146_167

Engaged Member
Jun 5, 2017
I don't think this developer is great when it comes to communicating. With their last games they practically disappeared from the face of the internet for a while before releasing the game. Not giving much of any sign of life after a few teasers. This also is the first time they have been on Patreon. And considering how long their page has been on review, I'm going to assume that they don't care or know how to deal with Patreon. Other creators that had their pages reviewed got out of that process far quicker.

Still, I haven't lost hope for this game yet. It will probably be finished. Perhaps not by the end of September, like that graphic shows, but for sure by the end of the year. After all, delays are pretty much the norm in this area of work, right.

Apahguinsimo

Feb 6, 2018
I think he means that given how long it's taken he hopes if it is released it will be the finished 1.0 and not the unfinished 0.13 version that was supposed to be out in May.

This was a great game, one of the best for me since I like the setting and genre. However I won't hold my breath, personally I don't expect to ever see this game release another version. The dev said that he didn't want to make another action game last year when he first announced the game, and if he was already feeling burnt out before he even started then the chances of him finishing after such a long silence seems unlikely.

Too bad too, this game was a real gem, unlike most H games that have good animations but terrible gameplay, this one has great animations AND gameplay. I can only hope I am wrong and I see this game finished. The dev did seem like a nice one, legitimately disappointed in himself for falling behind the promised schedule of 0.13 in May. Maybe that strong conscience will drive him to finish a game he didn't really want to make in the first place. Maybe not.

Reactions: M-2315

PervyMage32

Jul 29, 2017
How long it take but they have to update the V 1.0 not V 0.13
I know it's an old message at this point, but I more or less covered the situation as we publicly know it in my post on Page 16, but the gist of it is that Grimhelm seems to be planning on releasing the whole game at once, rather than in pieces. From what I read from him, he seems to have all the animations more or less done, and a good idea of the stage layouts, he just has to dedicate the time to it.

Assuming that this is all correct, and that he is putting the effort into the game, it should be finished on his next release, but I very highly doubt it will be out in September, since the whole reason he went silent and ignored Patreon was so that he could work on the game as his leisure. More than likely, we'll see the game towards the end of this year, as even though he had a good idea of how he wanted the rest of the game to designed, something of this quality just doesn't jump from v0.13 to v1.00 in just a few months.

Reborn

Jun 17, 2017
I'm still wondering if those who pledged only on may will eventually get the full game or not :v anyway this was a great game would love to see it completed

PervyMage32

Jul 29, 2017
I'm still wondering if those who pledged only on may will eventually get the full game or not :v anyway this was a great game would love to see it completed
From what I remember of the Patreon when it was active, the monthly pledges were just to have access to updates and mostly to fund Grimhelm's work, and to basically motivate them to finish the project. The full finished version of the game was a flat $10 that you could offer ahead of time, so I assume the people who paid that amount will be getting the game when (if) it's done. Of coarse, that's assuming he has a copy of their names, although considering their past successful creations and how nervous they are about the whole process, I can't imagine them taking the money and running.

If they still offer the game for that amount when it's done and it still holds the same quality, I'll definitely be buying a copy.

Spheex

Apr 27, 2018
As i said before, i just want to hear something about Grimhelm and im not saying an update of the progress that he have or something like that, i just want to know that he is still working on the game and he is not quitting/abandoning the game

Reactions: ᴏᴄᴛᴏ

Aramusha

Aug 25, 2018
How long does it take for grimheim's pareon page to be reviewed? I don't want his project to be really dead. His wordpress is also silent.

Feb 2, 2018
grimheim的patreon页面需要多长时间才能被审核?我不希望他的项目真的死了。他的wordpress也是沉默的。
Translation from google translate:
How long does it take for grimheim's pareon page to be reviewed? I don't want his project to be really dead. His wordpress is also silent.

156_163_146_167

Engaged Member
Jun 5, 2017
The answer is however long it takes him to get out of hiding or finish the game. According to the roadmap that was shared earlier here, the release was supposed to be some time next month. I'm just going to add at least one more month to that, since the developer has a track record of keeping quiet for a long time, and delays are very usual in this area of work.

Aramusha

Aug 25, 2018
The biggest problem is that grimheim's patreon could actually be removed because there is rape, which the patreon team says is absolutely not allowed. If so, how will his game be released?

156_163_146_167

Engaged Member
Jun 5, 2017
The biggest problem is that grimheim's patreon could actually be removed because there is rape, which the patreon team says is absolutely not allowed. If so, how will his game be released?
Like his previous games have in the past is my guess. But if his Patreon was removed, you wouldn't see that it's still under review when you try to go to the page.

Aramusha

Aug 25, 2018
Like his previous games have in the past is my guess. But if his Patreon was removed, you wouldn't see that it's still under review when you try to go to the page.
That said, grimheim may be rectification, but the game may be different, and since patreon doesn't allow rape, grimheim will have to remove the rape setting, which is very regrettable. And it's hard to imagine how long grimheim's patreon could audit, nor is it clear that grimheim is still making games.

PervyMage32

Jul 29, 2017
I think the message "This page is under review" is just a kind of default to state that the account is not active at the moment.

Normally, "reviewing" a site on Patreon seems to take a week or two, as I had been following a person on there in a similar situation, and that was the length of time they had to wait. When this particular Patreon came back, they simple had to change what was displayed and rewarded on their page, and thus, they removed all of their questionable material to a private site, and make "family friendly" stuff on Patreon with no mention of their other projects, although if you were to google them, it's pretty obvious what content they make.

However, in the case of Grimhelm, as I had mentioned before, he wasn't super into Patreon before the whole adult content crackdown. So, with the previous statements in mind, I feel like the most logical thing to happen was that he got a notification about his reviewed page and was asked to reply about how he planned on resolving its appearance, and more than likely just did not care enough to respond, as he wasn't really getting much support on there anyway, hence the perpetual "This page is under review".

It sucks, but all we can do is wait, and hope he makes a big enough deal about his return that we will all know about it in some way.

4.50 star(s) 111 Votes