HTML AI Dungeon 2 - an AI that was fed tons of lewd lines

3.00 star(s) 2 Votes

CobraPL

NTR PALADIN
Donor
Sep 3, 2016
If you are out of money, use AID.
If you want highest quality experience available now (except renting server form Google for 2$/hour+ for 30B+ models) - pay for NovelAI.
AID is now inferior to NAI.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Ianuda

Doorknob22

Super Moderator
Game Developer
Nov 3, 2017
Sorry for the weird out-of-nowhere reply but I discovered AI writing just today and.. basically I made an account just so I could reply here and ask how the heck I can get one of these working. >///>
I used to have a premium account with AI Dungeon. What I did was to create a custom scenario and play it. I stopped because the AI was constantly trying to block my perverted fantasies, like anyone should give a fuck what I do with a machine. After a few weeks I got tired and frustrated of fighting against a service I was paying.

CobraPL did you get any "moral pushbacks" from the NovelAI?

• Sad
Reactions: Succubus Hunter

CobraPL

NTR PALADIN
Donor
Sep 3, 2016
I used to have a premium account with AI Dungeon. What I did was to create a custom scenario and play it. I stopped because the AI was constantly trying to block my perverted fantasies, like anyone should give a fuck what I do with a machine. After a few weeks I got tired and frustrated of fighting against a service I was paying.

CobraPL did you get any "moral pushbacks" from the NovelAI?
NAI is completely uncensored AFAIK. Things I tried (quite tame TBH) were ok.
There is 50-step free trial on NAI, try it :)

• Red Heart

Novadrone

Feb 7, 2018
Sorry for the weird out-of-nowhere reply but I discovered AI writing just today and.. basically I made an account just so I could reply here and ask how the heck I can get one of these working. >///>
First, you need to go into settings to enable NSFW content. Then go into quick start, then Custom to start. Give a good starting description to describe who you are, where you are, and what you intend to play out.

You are Tess, a 28 year old woman who went on a walk in the woods. After slipping into a ravine and passing out, you find yourself in a damp cave with red pulsating walls. You smell something slightly sweet in the air as you stand and get your bearings. You see a light further down the cave and begin heading towards it. As you approach, you hear a chorus of moans and squelching noises.

At this point, I'd hit enter to see what the AI generates. I'm imagining multiple girls in a tentacle pit or bound against the walls as breeders for the tentacle monster, but the AI can surprise you. If you don't like it, hit retry until you get something that's close to what you can work with. Make some small edits if necessary, then post your reply. If the AI goes off track, use a post to remind them of certain details, such as your character's sex. There are more complex things beyond that, but that's what I've been using.

GreenGobbo

Oct 18, 2018
Tried it out for laughs.
Picked some generic sounding start.
Put me in a poor town in England.
Told it to fly me to mars.
It retcons the story so that I always dreamed of space flight and now I'm shaking hands with a Martian.
Then I spent several turns trying to convince it I wanted to shove everyone in the audience into a blender, while it kept telling me that I was trapped in a blender and being crushed by the machinery.
Then it saod I had 0 turns left and tried to hit me with an ad.

6 out of 10 stars.

Still a better author than most of the folks making games here today. :ROFLMAO:

knyght

Apr 21, 2017
Mhm, and this thing is going to release on steam soon. I have both bad and good feelings bout it.
The steam version doesn't contain ads as far as i know. For web there seems to still be problems as i can't see the ads in firefox but they work fine on edge. So i have a small edge window i click from time to time and then totally ignore while i play in firefox. Following the letter of the law but not the spirit. Well everyone is happy except whomever payed for the ads I didn't see. :p
ad.png

Succubus Hunter

Conversation Conqueror
May 19, 2020
The steam version doesn't contain ads as far as i know. For web there seems to still be problems as i can't see the ads in firefox but they work fine on edge. So i have a small edge window i click from time to time and then totally ignore while i play in firefox. Following the letter of the law but not the spirit. Well everyone is happy except whomever payed for the ads I didn't see. :p
View attachment 1925106
This has to be one of the best oversights ever! Thank you for sharing this info.

• Red Heart

toocuteforaname

Sep 13, 2022
No post for almost a year. I feel like AI Dungeon has largely been done dirty by this (and many other) communities, and the advantages of using it are rarely mentioned.
Did it do things wrong? Absolutely. The past privacy issue is not something I'm interested in trying to defend. If you're concerned that it might happen again, then you can go to NovelAI instead (though you'd think they'd learn from it after how much of a PR disaster it was for them...). I won't talk about it any further, you can check it out elsewhere if interested, I am not really qualified to talk about what exactly happened there. This post isn't about blindly defending some of the drawbacks of it which are obviously there. But I've been a long time user and in fact still use it, so I consider my comment to be a more or less fair assessment.

Here's a few reasons why it isn't as bad as before now and is a viable alternative:

First of all, it is free. Stark contrast to NovelAI where you have to pay to do anything barring the very short free trial. Very useful for me, because I don't like to spend money on things I don't use, and my interests fluctuate, so I am unlikely to do the same things for a while. But then, AI Dungeon having a free model lets me use the game anyway when I am not subscribed, and, while worse quality, it's decent enough, and you can still play your stories on that. For me that's a game changer. If NovelAI offered a free plan of any sort, or let you pay a one-time fee, that'd be entirely different, but the gap between the attitudes of the two is too big in my opinion, and I am not willing to pay for a product which I can't even play around with for a long enough while to get the hang of it. It's not even so much about paying, it's about feeling pressured to pay without knowing if you want to. 100 generations (non-refilling) isn't enough for that. In fact this post is largely because NovelAI is the only one recommended nowadays in many places, and I think AI Dungeon has this advantage, which could matter as much to you as it does to me.

I saw people complained that the premium model was worse than before. I'd agree if we talked about Wyvern (which was, honestly, barely better than Griffin, and sometimes worse), but now there's Dragon J2. I couldn't get into it much with Wyvern before, it was kind of alright, but not really worth it. It wasn't worth a subscription in my opinion, but I got the free 2 months of Hero tier because I bought the game on Steam before when it wasn't free, so I figured, whatever. But Dragon J2 absorbed me equally as much as I used to when I first bought a subscription in the old days, and I've been addicted to playing it ever since it dropped.

The filtering also seems less strong than before. It does not automatically censor some of the things it would have previously. The filter is still in place, but despite sometimes doing some content which I feel like would have triggered it before (such as heavy non-con), it doesn't now. I've barely had any problems with it, really. But it is still there, so if you want none of it, NovelAI will still be the better choice. But you can try AI Dungeon for free anyway and see if you like the state of it.

And yes, I understand the people who got angered before at the filters being implemented, but... it wasn't really unexpected. If you have used it before, you might remember that the word "rape" was replaced by "show respect to" automatically (which is a deeply stupid solution for many reasons). But it shows that the devs never really intended to make it a smut game, and especially not with questionable content. I've seen people make personal attacks because of their religious beliefs, but truth is, many people would not be okay with their platform being used for stuff like this. It's not an outlandish thing to do. I was disappointed when they introduced filters, but I can't say I didn't understand where they're coming from for the most part. Plus, it's more relaxed now from my experience as mentioned before. But my point is that people seemed to act quite entitled when filters were introduced, as if they deserved to have access to every content equally, which seems wrong to me.

Oh, and servers seem to still have issues sometimes. Oops. But they compensate people for that in some ways, I suppose, so it's not all bad. But there was a time recently where it had rather major server issues for a few days, so there's that.

Finally, the devs... honestly, they always seemed like a small, passionate team to me, just trying to make a game THEY would play, which had mixed results, doing some things well and some things really haven't been handled as professionally as they should have been. But I think the free model being unlimited use is a sign of good will compared to NovelAI which doesn't even offer limited free use which refills over time (I think they used to but removed it? not sure). I think AID deserves respect for always trying to offer a unlimited free plan and they have now also gotten rid of the energy system and offer unlimited Dragon use for premium users at the 10$ tier. I also think they genuinely care a lot about the game and want to improve it. They have made a few major mistakes, and they get a lot of slack for that, and you might still argue it's deserved (even though I don't, at least not to the extent it has happened) but there are also benefits to using it. I don't find it inferior to NovelAI from what I have seen from it. And whenever I see NovelAI stuff... well, I just don't feel like it's as good as Dragon, personally. It always seems to give more Griffin-like (haven't used it myself but I follow content creators who do use it). Of course, I have not used it much, so bias could be showing there.

My point is, AI Dungeon is still in development and it seems to me that quite a few issues which people had with it before seem to have been addressed at least to some extent. It is still worth a try in 2023 in my opinion. And you can also try it for free to see if you like it. I believe they still have the 7day free trial too for premium. I have never had so much fun with a game in terms of lewd stuff, ever, than with AI Dungeon with Dragon, and it is in fact what makes me look for AI text games which allow for lewd stuff so extensively nowadays, because there could be something even better coming at some point in the near future. But right now, there's not really many alternatives just yet.

Kamil118

Aug 20, 2017
No post for almost a year. I feel like AI Dungeon has largely been done dirty by this (and many other) communities, and the advantages of using it are rarely mentioned.
Did it do things wrong? Absolutely. The past privacy issue is not something I'm interested in trying to defend. If you're concerned that it might happen again, then you can go to NovelAI instead (though you'd think they'd learn from it after how much of a PR disaster it was for them...). I won't talk about it any further, you can check it out elsewhere if interested, I am not really qualified to talk about what exactly happened there. This post isn't about blindly defending some of the drawbacks of it which are obviously there. But I've been a long time user and in fact still use it, so I consider my comment to be a more or less fair assessment.
Nick, really looking for new users on f95? /s

I saw people complained that the premium model was worse than before. I'd agree if we talked about Wyvern (which was, honestly, barely better than Griffin, and sometimes worse), but now there's Dragon J2. I couldn't get into it much with Wyvern before, it was kind of alright, but not really worth it. It wasn't worth a subscription in my opinion, but I got the free 2 months of Hero tier because I bought the game on Steam before when it wasn't free, so I figured, whatever. But Dragon J2 absorbed me equally as much as I used to when I first bought a subscription in the old days, and I've been addicted to playing it ever since it dropped.
I have to disagree. Jurrasic-2 in no way compares to GPT-3-Davinci. And even with those two, we honestly have better alternatives nowadays.

LLAMA-2 recently came out and already has some story finetunes. It can be run locally if you have a beefy GPU, or you can try connecting to some instance that's shared on Kobold Horde.

NAI just got a new model last week that's pretty good, idk if you tried since for the first two weeks it's locked behind the highest tier sub.

If you want to really have the best thing there is rn, GPT-4-0613 API + some version of TavernAI for the front end would be the way to go. It offers no trial and is expensive, but at the same time there is no subscription and you only pay for what you use. You can get gpt4 access directly from openai with a waitlist, or through scale ai. Openai said they want to make gpt-4 api access public this month tho.

There is also Claude, which is on a comparable level to GPT-4 and has free slack bots, but it's too much fucking around with setup, filters, and automatic bans if you ask me.

The filtering also seems less strong than before. It does not automatically censor some of the things it would have previously. The filter is still in place, but despite sometimes doing some content which I feel like would have triggered it before (such as heavy non-con), it doesn't now. I've barely had any problems with it, really. But it is still there, so if you want none of it, NovelAI will still be the better choice. But you can try AI Dungeon for free anyway and see if you like the state of it.

And yes, I understand the people who got angered before at the filters being implemented, but... it wasn't really unexpected. If you have used it before, you might remember that the word "rape" was replaced by "show respect to" automatically (which is a deeply stupid solution for many reasons). But it shows that the devs never really intended to make it a smut game, and especially not with questionable content. I've seen people make personal attacks because of their religious beliefs, but truth is, many people would not be okay with their platform being used for stuff like this. It's not an outlandish thing to do. I was disappointed when they introduced filters, but I can't say I didn't understand where they're coming from for the most part. Plus, it's more relaxed now from my experience as mentioned before.
Afaik the only thing that filters were trying to filter was loli. I don't think the filters did anything to noncon, the word replacement for rape was a separate thing before filters and by the time they introduced the filters it was removed.

(...)as if they deserved to have access to every content equally, which seems wrong to me.
What's exactly wrong with wanting to have "access to every content equally"?

Finally, the devs... honestly, they always seemed like a small, passionate team to me, just trying to make a game THEY would play, which had mixed results, doing some things well and some things really haven't been handled as professionally as they should have been. But I think the free model being unlimited use is a sign of good will compared to NovelAI which doesn't even offer limited free use which refills over time (I think they used to but removed it? not sure). I think AID deserves respect for always trying to offer a unlimited free plan and they have now also gotten rid of the energy system and offer unlimited Dragon use for premium users at the 10$ tier. I also think they genuinely care a lot about the game and want to improve it. They have made a few major mistakes, and they get a lot of slack for that, and you might still argue it's deserved (even though I don't, at least not to the extent it has happened) but there are also benefits to using it. I don't find it inferior to NovelAI from what I have seen from it. And whenever I see NovelAI stuff... well, I just don't feel like it's as good as Dragon, personally. It always seems to give more Griffin-like (haven't used it myself but I follow content creators who do use it). Of course, I have not used it much, so bias could be showing there.
Well, if you want to support a small passionate team, that would be NovelAI, not Latitude. Latitude got over 3m investment last year, and in the past, they had almost exclusive access to gpt3 and OpenAI's servers. Meanwhile, NovelAI is a group of randoms from Reddit and 4chan that had to start basically from scratch.

My point is, AI Dungeon is still in development and it seems to me that quite a few issues which people had with it before seem to have been addressed at least to some extent. It is still worth a try in 2023 in my opinion. And you can also try it for free to see if you like it. I believe they still have the 7day free trial too for premium. I have never had so much fun with a game in terms of lewd stuff, ever, than with AI Dungeon with Dragon, and it is in fact what makes me look for AI text games which allow for lewd stuff so extensively nowadays, because there could be something even better coming at some point in the near future. But right now, there's not really many alternatives just yet.
Sure, Nick.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Succubus Hunter
3.00 star(s) 2 Votes