asolikol

Oct 13, 2018
I think that if my work inspires to have SJo as BlackWidow fucking in a real movie... my life will be complete.
no way marvel will let a sex scene in one of their movies, i can hear already the collective gasps from parents who accompany their 7 year old kids to watch the movie lol

the closest we get to a hard r-rated black widow movie is red sparrow with jennifer lawrence

HeelsMaiden

Mar 22, 2019
What is the difference between the corrupted and bad path story-wise? Even in the bad path, Nat seems to be quickly losing control to the corruption (green eyes) especially if you choose the watch and wait option in the you-know-what scene. Both paths have Nat acting sluttier/hornier due to not resisting the corruption enough. But in the bad path? What? She additionally becomes more ruthless and uncaring of other people lives?

I also wonder how fixed is Nat's path after the yacht. I mean for example during the interrogation scene (my favorite scene btw, who knew footjob interrogation can be so hot and effective? :love: the aggressive option is not too shabby either) you can choose the corrupted option but regain control later and still be on the good path if your stats are high enough (which imo gives a more interesting good Nat than "pure" good Nat). From what I've understand, this kind of combo/flexibility will be more restricted after the yacht. I just hope it's not too restricted because as I've mentioned the "hybrid" choices can be more fun and interesting than the "pure" choices. But of course it can all be very subjective.

So far my preferred Nat is the above mentioned "hybrid" good Nat. My headcanon on this Nat:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

On the other hand, I don't like corrupted Nat. I found her to be too submissive to the villains and the parasite/corruption. I guess I just prefer to see a dominant Nat lol.

Sorry for my ramblings. It started as a genuine question but turns into a rambling about my own headcanon fantasy lol.

Reactions: AgentsOfHeels

AgentsOfHeels

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
What is the difference between the corrupted and bad path story-wise? Even in the bad path, Nat seems to be quickly losing control to the corruption (green eyes) especially if you choose the watch and wait option in the you-know-what scene. Both paths have Nat acting sluttier/hornier due to not resisting the corruption enough. But in the bad path? What? She additionally becomes more ruthless and uncaring of other people lives?

I also wonder how fixed is Nat's path after the yacht. I mean for example during the interrogation scene (my favorite scene btw, who knew footjob interrogation can be so hot and effective? :love: the aggressive option is not too shabby either) you can choose the corrupted option but regain control later and still be on the good path if your stats are high enough (which imo gives a more interesting good Nat than "pure" good Nat). From what I've understand, this kind of combo/flexibility will be more restricted after the yacht. I just hope it's not too restricted because as I've mentioned the "hybrid" choices can be more fun and interesting than the "pure" choices. But of course it can all be very subjective.

So far my preferred Nat is the above mentioned "hybrid" good Nat. My headcanon on this Nat:

On the other hand, I don't like corrupted Nat. I found her to be too submissive to the villains and the parasite/corruption. I guess I just prefer to see a dominant Nat lol.

Sorry for my ramblings. It started as a genuine question but turns into a rambling about my own headcanon fantasy lol.
Haha its fine; its always good to read about people's personal tastes ;)

The 3-path system is a solution to not lose control over content. As paths grow; content grows exponentially; so having 3 paths we can always come back to; that somehow determine the general Nat; is a must have. This doesn't mean there are no hybrid nats; theres more than one scene accessible from multiple nat paths; and even a re-focus scene in case your desired nat got lost in the way and you want to take another general path (i.e from corrupted to good or vice-versa).

There are also secondary scenes and missions (which we are not developing at the moment but weve introduced in the game) like cat's; the park; kate; scout, etc that allow you to shape Nat even more to your desire.

What i mean by all this is:
There are 3 Nats and 3 Nats only (cause we cant have 250 endings for the game). But there are a lot of decisions during the game that may or may not have an impact later; regardless of the path youve chosen (for example... you may have seen Cat in Mission2... lets hope she wasnt mad with you).

Reactions: James009

AgentsOfHeels

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017

Also; to your initial question. Corrupted Nat is a Nat lost in the infection. She acts more and more as somebody you know wants her to.

Bad Nat, as the name states, is a Nat that is not only affected by the infection but also the events happening in the game. She trusts and cares less and less about her allies and is more and more centered in revenge, survival and having fun.

Reactions: James009

James009

The Gravewalker
Jun 4, 2018
Haha its fine; its always good to read about people's personal tastes ;)

The 3-path system is a solution to not lose control over content. As paths grow; content grows exponentially; so having 3 paths we can always come back to; that somehow determine the general Nat; is a must have. This doesn't mean there are no hybrid nats; theres more than one scene accessible from multiple nat paths; and even a re-focus scene in case your desired nat got lost in the way and you want to take another general path (i.e from corrupted to good or vice-versa).

There are also secondary scenes and missions (which we are not developing at the moment but weve introduced in the game) like cat's; the park; kate; scout, etc that allow you to shape Nat even more to your desire.

What i mean by all this is:
There are 3 Nats and 3 Nats only (cause we cant have 250 endings for the game). But there are a lot of decisions during the game that may or may not have an impact later; regardless of the path youve chosen (for example... you may have seen Cat in Mission2... lets hope she wasnt mad with you).
is there really 250 endings...?
if yes then, it will be so much fun for me.:):love:

Kagarus

Sep 28, 2017
is there really 250 endings...?
if yes then, it will be so much fun for me.:):love:
No, because they take care to avoid that ;-). (If they didn't, there'd still be no 250 endings - there'd just be a game with no ending stuck in eternal development hell because the necessary work far dwarfs the available work.)

How to handle branching is one of the primary problems of VN (because branching is essential for them, and their text-driven, narrative-focused nature means it is both more expensive to branch and that there are higher expectations), because just leaving it unchecked leads to exponentially growing complexity while the resources stay more or less constant.

The classical tree view where you have a long main branch/stem in the beginning (with either no choices or choices that add to various variables), and then from that branches (depending on choices and/or variables) that towards an ending (with possibly more branching points that head of to other endings) works well enough for loveinterest-centered games: You know the number of endings from the get-go (n love interests, either 1 or 2 endings for each (true/normal ending), MAYBE a handful of short bad ends) and can just design the branching to reach all of them - choices are primarily a means of getting you to your favourite path.

For a more main character-focused game like this, where it's less heading towards an ending and more... "X happens, what does your main character do", having a set number of main branches that feature sub branches for choices and reactivity (that then rejoin their main branch... or maybe even another branch) is pretty good approach.

And now I'm.... curious... what Cat has in store for her XD

Reactions: AgentsOfHeels

AgentsOfHeels

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
No, because they take care to avoid that ;-). (If they didn't, there'd still be no 250 endings - there'd just be a game with no ending stuck in eternal development hell because the necessary work far dwarfs the available work.)

How to handle branching is one of the primary problems of VN (because branching is essential for them, and their text-driven, narrative-focused nature means it is both more expensive to branch and that there are higher expectations), because just leaving it unchecked leads to exponentially growing complexity while the resources stay more or less constant.

The classical tree view where you have a long main branch/stem in the beginning (with either no choices or choices that add to various variables), and then from that branches (depending on choices and/or variables) that towards an ending (with possibly more branching points that head of to other endings) works well enough for loveinterest-centered games: You know the number of endings from the get-go (n love interests, either 1 or 2 endings for each (true/normal ending), MAYBE a handful of short bad ends) and can just design the branching to reach all of them - choices are primarily a means of getting you to your favourite path.

For a more main character-focused game like this, where it's less heading towards an ending and more... "X happens, what does your main character do", having a set number of main branches that feature sub branches for choices and reactivity (that then rejoin their main branch... or maybe even another branch) is pretty good approach.

And now I'm.... curious... what Cat has in store for her XD
Yeah; exactly ;). It's always hard to know if youre going too far with branching or not far enough; I'm really glad to see support on our approach :)

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017
Added v0.10.5 Engine Update Special.
No new content - See Changelog and Developer Notes.

Thanks @Patrik

Caleth

Jul 30, 2017
it did create a bug or something there is one part where the picture goes offscreen in all window modes i have tried.
it does prohibit any continuation.

Rico Caramba

Game Developer
Dec 6, 2018
Same with me. Frame that starts with "The Sun (sic) beats down on me, warming my" goes off screen. It's impossible to play any further. A shame, it really looks amazing so far. Want to see the rest.

Mar 18, 2019
Got the same bug with the text going off screen. Pressing the right arrow on the keyboard and skipping forward with enter eventually fixed it.

Rico Caramba

Game Developer
Dec 6, 2018
It's a pity, this solution only brought me a couple of frames further. Without being able to read the full tekst.
The redhead is really hot, but I'm afraid I will have to wait for the bug fix.

3.90 star(s) 33 Votes