Unreal Engine Afterparty [Development Thread]

Dilly_

Game Developer
Oct 2, 2020
Hello Dilly! I saw your game and I think itrs great. I would love to know if you guys have ever had this problem in the imagine. This happened to me when I transfer a Daz model using Futalicious into Unreal Engine.
Don't think I have ever encountered this problem specifically, but to me this looks like an issue of bones/weightmapping not aligning properly. Would need to know way more info about your import process to say for sure. Feel free to DM and we can address this further.

Reactions: TheExordick
Sep 5, 2017
assuming you mean you can't use it due to the price or software needed- since the plugin itself is essentially free (if you don't save) all you need is C4D or Maya. Everything I did with Ornatrix in C4D should also be possible in Maya. I couldn't find any C4D torrents, but there are a ton of Maya torrents. If you're OK with the ethics of that of course (this being a pirate forum I assume most people are).

SSS actually is enabled here- it just wasn't especially noticeable with the basic light setup I threw together for that clip

can't find any torrents for ornatrix (maya)

FredFappy

Nov 16, 2020
Don't stop Dev-logging! This was super interesting to read! How are you doing the narrative stuff? Are you using a plugin or did you code this from scratch?

Reactions: TheExordick
Jul 29, 2023
Oh, by the way, the game is going to launch this week. Vimeo took down my stuff finally so probably I will be sharing clips on Twitter/Patreon from now on, just getting that setup and then releasing the game. It will launch for free!

just found your project and it looks great, hope to hear more from you again

Dilly_

Game Developer
Oct 2, 2020
Don't stop Dev-logging! This was super interesting to read! How are you doing the narrative stuff? Are you using a plugin or did you code this from scratch?
I forgot this thread existed. For dialogue it's mostly a custom setup but it uses graphs from . I have custom data assets attached to each of the nodes containing data for stuff like male/female animation sequence to play, .wav files, lip sync frames, expressions etc. The logic to execute that stuff is all custom

FredFappy

Nov 16, 2020
I forgot this thread existed. For dialogue it's mostly a custom setup but it uses graphs from . I have custom data assets attached to each of the nodes containing data for stuff like male/female animation sequence to play, .wav files, lip sync frames, expressions etc. The logic to execute that stuff is all custom
Interesting! I picked up Narrative Quest when it was 50% off (I think it still is) and it's really good. Can't wait to see more!
OH.. and you should throw some links on the first post so people can find the active project.

Dilly_

Game Developer
Oct 2, 2020
Interesting! I picked up Narrative Quest when it was 50% off (I think it still is) and it's really good. Can't wait to see more!
OH.. and you should throw some links on the first post so people can find the active project.
I think the most important thing when it comes to dialogue is simply that it's graph based. Another thing that was very important to me was where the camera is in dialogue, for example I didn't want to have high quality characters in the game with an abundance of clothing options without being able to get a nice cinematic-ish closeup shot during dialogue. I use cine cameras for when the player talks to an NPC as they are walking around, and I actually override the dialogue cameras using Sequencer if the NPC is interacting with an object, that way I can define camera angles/DoF/focal length on a per sequence basis per interaction instead of having to setup some kind of complicated solution with hard coded transforms.

Nov 28, 2021
i'd suggest for more places to trigger sex actions, like make masturbate an option at the toilet. Also that way make npcs somehow accidentaly stumble upon you being in toilet and have reactions. that kind of interactions mechanics would be great.

Idunnotbhhhhh

Oct 22, 2022
Dilly_ Would it be possible for you to add some options for players to manually adjust the min & max values of the sliders during character creation? Just because I like to go a little crazy with that stuff sometimes, and I really like the tech and feel of this game in particular, but the current values feel a bit restrictive. I'd do it myself but Cheat Engine didn't seem to work for this, and UE5 modding seems unreasonably hard. Thanks.

Jul 29, 2023
Dilly_ Would it be possible for you to add some options for players to manually adjust the min & max values of the sliders during character creation? Just because I like to go a little crazy with that stuff sometimes, and I really like the tech and feel of this game in particular, but the current values feel a bit restrictive. I'd do it myself but Cheat Engine didn't seem to work for this, and UE5 modding seems unreasonably hard. Thanks.
here to say the same, she doesn't get skinny enough for my taste, otherwise beautiful!