VN - Ren'Py - Abandoned - After the Fire [Build 4.5] [Captain Doctor]

1. 2.00 star(s)

jed999

The game wasn't bad until the author got political with the lies about the US Marines, openly stating that Maries rape everyone as part of their culture. This has major imapct to the storyline and was clearly inserted by somone who live outside the US as they called a football game a "Match" which means UK.
    Graphics -pretty good - 4 Stars
    Story line - Zero Stars
    Animations - 3 stars
    Failed attempt at politics - Minus 4 stars
  2. 5.00 star(s)

IamUstupid

The game concept is amazing. Story in interesting and so far i am loving this game. I would really like to see some better graphics or some audio design for this game. All n all its an excellent from me.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

BruceMcGivern

I really like the artstyle, animations and most importantly each character besides having big BOOBS it has a lot of potential on each character progression!

Someone recommended me this game based on Urban Demons and Demon Deals since i'm mostly a RPG enjoyer and less often a Ren'py player and i gotta say it was an worth recommendation and i look forward the dev updates even to consider to support <3
  4. 5.00 star(s)

trowaway127128

This game is pretty good. It has an excellent in-game guide that is also optional. This game understands why you're playing, so you will not need to spam the space bar for 10 hours straight to get to the H-scenes.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

iron4doves

I've skipped on reviewing this one because I really wanted to give it a selfish 5-star review (it's got my perfect kink list!), but couldn't do it at the time I played. I recently played Build 4.2 and while there is definitely a lot more the dev could/should/probably will do with the game, I really find it to be one of my favorites.

It's the classic "boy in an area with lusty busty babes" story/gameplay. Navigate a map performing basic fetch quests and the like and get more and more women addicted to your cock along the way. You can see the art, everyone was larger-than-life tits or bigger. Animation is fair, but gets bonus points due to custom art (it's not high quality art but it's custom so it gets points from me). Really the only hole the game has is on the audio side. It does have audio during the sex scenes which is nice, but some BG audio during navigation or dialog is... probably needed.

It has a great built-in guide (literally tells you exactly what you need to do, when you need to do it) that is accessible enough. Scenes are repayable in multiple ways, either by dialog or via a gallery at your laptop (which doubles as a progress tracker to see how much content you are missing). There are at least 5 or 6 love interests with healthy amounts of content, each with multiple kinky scenes, some of which are orgies together. It's got the content and gameplay together too, from my perspective.

That said, I mentioned there is definitely still stuff the dev needs to do. Story needs a tie in, I'm sure we are going to see the actual mother eventually (she goes to hospital early game while you move in with dad/step mom/blood sis), and there are a bunch of other women who have been introduced but do not have content yet (this is actually ideal, as the dev has focused on generating healthy content for popular characters instead of giving all characters bits of content and leaving their paths empty). That said, there is a lot to enjoy today and it is going on my 5-star list on my profile about page.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

Turkis

Art - 5/5
    Characters - 4/5
    Story - 4/5
    Scenes -5/5
    Sexual Content - 5/5

Art

I've been following this game since the second update. I'll be honest, at first I wasn't super psyched about the art style. But as I played the game, the style has grown on me. The art and animations are, as some others have stated, rough around the edges. But the style has grown on me and the animations are pretty good, especially when compared to some other games.

If there's one thing I have to complain about, it's how the nipples/areolas which appears to be almost identical on each female character so far. I would love a bit of variation, but I also know that many adult artists tend to stick to their own style of drawing nipples/areolas. So this isn't game breaking to me, just a suggestion.

Characters

The characters are, so far in my opinion, pretty good. They each have their own personalities, likes and dislikes, though I'll admit there's some stereotyping to many of the characters so far. The dad is pretty much an absentee father from what has been hinted at in the game, never saw his son after the divorce and Lily won custody of him (while she never saw her daughter after he won custody of her), always going on business trips, but when he's home he spoils his daughter rotten. Kate for instance, is the stepmother who wants her step kids to see her as a mother figure, and while the dad is home she gets along with Jessica just fine. But once he's gone and Kate is in charge, there is friction the moment she won't give Jessica her way. Bailey is that hot girl next door/blonde airhead, who is super nice to the MC despite his obvious perving on her, but can be a bitch to her pervy brother. She's also that person who just wants to believe in people (with the exception of her brother).

Those are just the characters we've gotten stories for so far, and I'm sure we'll learn more about them in future updates as they interact with more characters. As for future characters, Chloe is the rich bitch who looks down on everyone. Ashley is the skater girl. The cousin is the loner who hates her dad because he keeps forcing the family to move for his career in the military. The aunt gave up her career choice because her husband didn't want her working and wanted her to be a stay at home mom. We actually know next to nothing about Ms. Gonzales.

Story

Now I know some people have complained that there appears to be no real overarching story line. I do sorta agree, as it appears that the overarching story line is about a young perverted MC who just wants to bang as many busty women as possible. And I'm just fine with that.

But, each character has their own story arc that you play through to get into their pants. And you do get to know about the characters, and there are subtle hints to friction between some of the characters, like MC's dad and Kate; aunt/cousin and uncle; Bailey and Chad; etc. etc.. I'll admit that Kate's story line was a plain and pretty vanilla; Jessica's was better then Kate's; and Bailey's was the best so far. I seriously didn't expect Captain to take that route. And I'm looking forward to future releases.

Scenes

Now to start, I split scenes into two categories, there's the sex scenes, and then there's the non-sex scenes. And I'll say that both sex and non-sex scenes are pretty good. I haven't found too many grammar/spelling mistakes. The interactions in my opinion, between characters is pretty good and to some extent, believable.

Sexual Content

Now I've added sexual content into my reviews because a lot of games I've played have some very good non-sex scenes, but little to no sexual content. And Captain Doctor certainly understands why we come on here to play... for the sex. Every update has multiple sex scenes that always end up with the MC banging the chosen woman for the update.

Now, I understand that not everyone is into big dicked shota's banging huge titty women. And if you're not into that, this game isn't for you. But, if you're open minded, or enjoy big dicked shota's banging huge titty women, then you should try this game.
  7. 3.00 star(s)

Otakuvern

The game's very straightforward and simple but what I like about it is that there's a clear progression chart and there's effort to get it animated. Another thing is that the characters are a bit more real in their reactions to the MC.

The major con would be the Art. The Anatomy and Perspectives are all over the place. It definitely needs work if possible.

Another con would be the story. It's nothing spectacular but,
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
    If there's more story to this, it could get more interesting especially if it drives the MC to pursue the other women down the line.

Overall, its good for what it is and has room for improvement.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

etarg

After finishing the current build (3.2) I am suffice to say that I am very much impressed with the game. It is great in theming which is even more apparent when looking at the walkthrough PDF. Like damn, seeing a walkthrough in such a stylized manner is awesome. If SS and Landlady/Roommate games are your thing then you should keep your eye on this one. All of the female characters are desirable which is always good in any WEG.

There are as of now (Build 3.2) three playable routes as well as a few titbits for the remaining cast still awaiting the full treatment. This amounts to quite a lot of game to be played. One thing that the game does well is deal with continuity be it alternate dialogue being available for when relationships with characters change and a few scenes and stills being reworked to fit the previous narrative (Fig. 1) being one of the other playable routes. There are also lines in the game’s script.rpy file (Fig. 2) for an interaction that isn’t even possible yet to deal with continuity errors beforehand (undeveloped routes). A lot of games dealing with multiple love interests dismiss this, so it is great to see a developer take so much care.

The game is sandbox as you might have already guessed and occasionally suffers the same fate of other sandbox games and that is lack of player direction. Any confusion on how to progress is almost always squandered as you can just head over to your neighbour’s house and get immediate instructions from the boy next door (who is away weekdays, morning and midday). Though it likely won’t lead to it, if you are desperate for direction Barry will set you straight. You can also talk to him about routes just for the hilarious dialogue he offers.

On top of all this the dev seems to be a stand-up person too, stressing transparency in the game and on their SubscribeStar where updates on progress are shifted out weekly and player feedback is taken into careful consideration. I am very much excited to see how this project develops and to Captain Doctor I say Goodluck and Godspeed.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Sidenote: Is flickering upon buttons a common Ren'Py issue, I have seen it happen before with a few other games. I wonder if only a percentage of people are experiencing it.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

TNVL

Just found this game, and I LOVE IT!! Great content so far, and the 2D art is awesome, loved the little wiki with some fun info and even links to some of the other people in it. Story is fun and I can't wait to see where this goes!

All I can critique is that I wish there was even bigger tits, either another hot girl with even bigger tits or I wouldn't mind if any of the girls would be hit with the magical stuff and grow EVEN bigger(which the wiki say is possible already), truly HUGE, bigger then EVERYONE.

Either way, keep up the great work!
  10. 4.00 star(s)

manawana

I was gonna wait until build 3 was made public to put the review but i guess thats today. I have been a fan since the Katelyn build and have been a supporter on subscribestar since then because I really liked what the game offered. This build was amazing the renders and animations have really improved I also noticed that the character models also have changed compared to previous builds and I think they look a lot better. I would give this 5 stars because it has everything but my gripe is that i was really excited about the Barry and Bailey sex scenes but only one was in this build. I find it weird that the dev would listen more to the people on the forum than his supporters on his subscribestar page but thats not the point. Also the length between updates is huge this build took almost 6 months. I understand that a lot of the game got changed in this build but if this is the pattern then we are only getting updates two times a year. I hope that builds could start releasing in the 3-4 month mark that would be perfect. Great job on the build Captain!
  11. 5.00 star(s)

Greenraiser

Ok, this game is everything I want and like in a game. It checks every boxes in my list and appeals to my kinks.

I love the art, I can never say no to bombshells even more when it's animated! Nothing complicated regarding the gameplay, it's kept simple and do his job. Regarding H-content, it's the second build so far and has already more H-content compared to some other games ( I'm not criticising those other games, it's a different take, I get it ). And I love the fact that the dev doesn't blue ball the player. The design of 1 build = 1 character all the way is great. It introduces futur character and gives us a very good bone to chew with characters already existing, no blue balls!! For my part I will definitely support this dev!

Much love !
  12. D
    5.00 star(s)

dstrong69

Animated scenes are very good. Very hot and i hope this gets updated frequently its amazing. very hot story too and entertaining. this site needs more stuff like this!!!!! honestly might become a subscriber
  13. 3.00 star(s)

RandyPhoenix

Good Points
    +Plot was short but emotional. I wasnt waiting like that plot with like that childish and basic drawings.
    +It has style some certain poeple could like it.

Bad Points
    -Plot was emotinal maybe but it was to short. I would love to feel more and well writed that concept.
    -Story looks pretty basic. I hope it will be more detailed with new updates.
    -It doesnt have walkthrough or tips ingame so you should try and find out what you need to do!
    -I dont have any problem with cartoon looking renders but this one looks litte bit weird. Eye places, face shapes or even bodies. Little bit change could be pretty good. And some quality improves for animations and renders needed to.
    -Animations are not soft or good enough or they dont have diffrent angles etc. They need lots of work.

For The End
    Well its just first version so it could became more better than this. It looks little bir poor but for first relaise I'm giving 3 star instead of 2. And i will look new updates. I hope he will make better job than this. Thanks for your all efforts.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

TheRealSerrated

Huge Tits, Hot Chicks, and Big Dicks. When will that formula ever get old? To mee it looks like Captain Doctor has poured his heart and soul into this game. There were a lot of scenes that had really good angles, and close ups. I was seriously impressed by how much content you gave us! This was an amazing first version dude, most are a lot smaller and kind of dull. But this is just really good man. Please keep it going, there is so much potential here!
  15. 5.00 star(s)

matya

Excellent game so far one of the best artstyle what I've seen so far I really love it!Love the cartoonish style It's like an adult comix with animation. Looking forward to the next version.I'm currently subscribed to his subscribestar he deserve every penny!
  16. 5.00 star(s)

Areola Puffington

Great so far. ,
  17. 1.00 star(s)

Pord

Im fucking done of shit like this. On start game we play like normal kid, with normal penis. This game have tag shota, so MC SHOULD HAVE NORMAL penis (small). But nah
    We again see same shit with magic, and ta daaaaaam, here we go again. 30
    centimeters cock and all fucking all right. Fuck this shit.

Nothing new. All this has already been seen a million times. "Original Idea".
    At the expense of everything else like: style, text, characters, I can not say anything. Everything is relative.
  18. 5.00 star(s)

aacbhfcabcacabhb

This has been one of the best first builds I have ever seen. It completed a whole character with a big reward but still left you wanting more. I will definitely be watching out for this one. Great job again!
  19. 4.00 star(s)

Archeum

Rated for the v01 of the game.
    The game has real promise, and i'm looking forward to seeing it continue.
    I really enjoy the artstyle, as it has its own cartoony effect.
    Animations and storyline are also good.
    Looking forwards to the next update, hopefully this will be a continously updated game and not one that has multiple months between each update.