• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

kolobezka

Apr 13, 2018
As said in previous post I'm extremely busy the coming three to for weeks. So I probably won't be able to check your work :( I'm very interested in it though, so I will check it in September! Hope that before some other people will check it to give you some feedback...
It can wait, It's not matter of life or death ;)

I hope somebody other can just try it and throw some feedback :FeelsGoodMan:

Nenad A.

Game Developer
Mar 7, 2018
Hi, i have made those patches whose were discussed here so many times. It took longer than I thought, because of my brothers injury - I had to replace him in family bussiness. Today was lazy day in train, so I have finished patch-generating script (linux side) and patch applying script (for windows, for now).

How to apply?
Place patch into root directory of game (were Adventures Of Willy D xx.exe is located) and double click.

What does it do?
  1. self unpacking archive is extracted into patch directory
  2. patch script is fired
    1. script checks sha256checksums of game, so it makes sure game is OK before patching
    2. if checksums fail, user is asked if wants to continue (this error can be caused by config.ini edit for example) by his own responsibility
    3. delete files whose aren't needed in new version (old launcher for example)
    4. copy new files into right places
    5. apply xdelta patches for changed files
    6. calculate checksums of patched version
    7. remove patch directory
  3. wait for user to close window
Possible problems?
  • hey, it's windows and I'm linux guy - I have tried, but some things are hard to elaborate
    • spaces, diacritics and unicode chars in path - script was intended to not to break with them, but no quarantee, need to be tested
  • Compatibility tested with Windows XP and Windows 10, many times but it doesn't mean it is failproof
  • Permissions - another funny thing for windows - patch should not need Administrator's rights, but if you place game in bad directory or there is sun erruption, you are screwed
  • No GUI - it's batch script for console.
  • Wine compatibility isn't great at all - wine doesn't have implemented all functions for batch (set /p, findstr), so script is more verbose under wine + cannot diagnose if something has messed up
  • Linux version of patch is planned, probbably can be compatible for mac
Before you go - this is brutal alpha version, tested a lot, but still ALPHA. Use at your own risk.

Patches are here:

If it works after some iterations of development, I can send scripts to Nenad/Blup Blup, if they are interested.
Hi. This looks promising and would be great if you make it possible to work. I did try it last night but was very "quick" try. And ofc like you said it is windows... So what it did it only unpacked patch nothing more. But my game is at desktop and we all know windows think desktop belongs to them not to us... After I finish this current update I'll try move game to D partition and see what happens and if it will work. If you make it work (well As I said I still need to test it more myself) I would so be interested in your work. You may hit me on discord as well so we may discuss there if you wanna and have time. Link is on my patreon and it is open for anyone who wanna join. Thanks for doing this and I hope you will get to results as this would be great for future updates.

kolobezka

Apr 13, 2018
Hi. This looks promising and would be great if you make it possible to work. I did try it last night but was very "quick" try. And ofc like you said it is windows... So what it did it only unpacked patch nothing more. But my game is at desktop and we all know windows think desktop belongs to them not to us... After I finish this current update I'll try move game to D partition and see what happens and if it will work. If you make it work (well As I said I still need to test it more myself) I would so be interested in your work. You may hit me on discord as well so we may discuss there if you wanna and have time. Link is on my patreon and it is open for anyone who wanna join. Thanks for doing this and I hope you will get to results as this would be great for future updates.
Hmm, I didn't thing about putting it on desktop. What OS version do you use?

UYScutti23

Patreon Rebel
Donor
Feb 26, 2018
I started rewriting the whole thing to give more choice if you want to do the side quests efficiently or after the main quest. I will try to add your suggestion but it will be difficult because for example Claudia moving to her apartment appeared in a later episode and then I mus remember to put the warning in an earlier episode. The bigger the game gets, the more of these things are likely to slip by me
In fact, it'd depends on Nenad if he'll be able later to add the possibility to replay some past scenes as said above. :)
And don't you worry, the point of the whole thing is just to avoid multiplicating the saves to be sure we'll be able to see the whole content at any moment, if it's hard to add i think this is not really a problem, we just have to replay the game a second time and thinking of saving at some particular moments (oh my god, what a torture to replay this masterpiece :p).
Right now, i can add in spoilers some particular scenes i'm thinking of, that wouldn't be able to be triggered after advancing the story, maybe you could add it somewhere in the WT (without incorporating them within the sections) if possible ?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Nenad A.

Game Developer
Mar 7, 2018
In fact, it'd depends on Nenad if he'll be able later to add the possibility to replay some past scenes as said above. :)
And don't you worry, the point of the whole thing is just to avoid multiplicating the saves to be sure we'll be able to see the whole content at any moment, if it's hard to add i think this is not really a problem, we just have to replay the game a second time and thinking of saving at some particular moments (oh my god, what a torture to replay this masterpiece :p).
Right now, i can add in spoilers some particular scenes i'm thinking of, that wouldn't be able to be triggered after advancing the story, maybe you could add it somewhere in the WT (without incorporating them within the sections) if possible ?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
There is a way to get this scenes working even now... not perfect solution but you don't have to repeat whole game. In option menu game creates autosaves after each version released. They ofc depend on path. You may check in walkthrough what version it fells in and load that version, play till scene you wanna and save before scene (you may save infinitive number of saves) Just as quick sample if you load end of version 0.08 you will be able to do Mr.s Maria room scene. and so on. So there is no need to repeat whole game to find this scenes just go through autosave system :) But as I said. I will try make it possible repeat all scenes without this but from a menu as sort of collection so to say.

Reactions: M124 and UYScutti23

kolobezka

Apr 13, 2018
Hi. This looks promising and would be great if you make it possible to work. I did try it last night but was very "quick" try. And ofc like you said it is windows... So what it did it only unpacked patch nothing more. But my game is at desktop and we all know windows think desktop belongs to them not to us....
I have tried it on desktop, no problem for me. Damned windows.

I am on win 10 as most of software I use require dirx12 so it was easier for me :)
Tried on fresh install of W10. After unpacking, it should start 'patch\patch.bat' commnand from the game directory (not from patch directory). It's weird.

jackkane

Engaged Member
Sep 4, 2016
There is a way to get this scenes working even now... not perfect solution but you don't have to repeat whole game. In option menu game creates autosaves after each version released. They ofc depend on path. You may check in walkthrough what version it fells in and load that version, play till scene you wanna and save before scene (you may save infinitive number of saves) Just as quick sample if you load end of version 0.08 you will be able to do Mr.s Maria room scene. and so on. So there is no need to repeat whole game to find this scenes just go through autosave system :) But as I said. I will try make it possible repeat all scenes without this but from a menu as sort of collection so to say.
what's name of the song and singer that plays on the piano in the hotel. also I like how rose is one of the cover girls with skye but doesn't have any content yet.

SpikeZg

Engaged Member
May 8, 2018
so i DL-ed 0.23 and the first hint says go to rose bar and speak with Daniele, i spoke with her and the only option is bye, nothing else, what now??

yapsag

Oct 9, 2017
so i DL-ed 0.23 and the first hint says go to rose bar and speak with Daniele, i spoke with her and the only option is bye, nothing else, what now??
When you start, you're still in the bedroom with a lady. It is polite to say goodbye before heading off to the next one. ;)

Nenad A.

Game Developer
Mar 7, 2018
what's name of the song and singer that plays on the piano in the hotel. also I like how rose is one of the cover girls with skye but doesn't have any content yet.
I don't have name of that song... I just call it "hotel inside" as for now. Singing is not mine but from clip of one software for making music and it does not say who was the artist... That music was made by me or better to say "mixed" by me. Similar like DJ do... load sample press play, get famous :D But I agree that girl has beautiful voice :)

Reactions: jackkane

Skaldy

Nov 7, 2017
I don't have name of that song... I just call it "hotel inside" as for now. Singing is not mine but from clip of one software for making music and it does not say who was the artist... That music was made by me or better to say "mixed" by me. Similar like DJ do... load sample press play, get famous :D But I agree that girl has beautiful voice :)
dude you really have a good taste. I wish balkan people could be at peace after listening that song.

4.40 star(s) 113 Votes