Flash - Adventure High [v0.84] [Changer]

1. 5.00 star(s)

iamthecreatorofhousemusic

I keep editing this review, and I'm going to do something odd. I'm going to bump it to 5 stars and I want to tell you guys why.

This game has a lot of issues, in my opinion. But it does a few gutsy decisions, with attention to detail, that I think are incredible.

The game has a ton of characters, and the opportunities for H Scenes with those characters revolve around a few key spots in the game. But the characters are fleshed out, really. They're also widely varied, even within themselves. When you have one girl who is your slave, you can change her personality and her outfit. Her H Scenes change along with it, the art updates to her new outfit, and her dialogue also changes. So amongst the, whatever, 15 girls, each girl has 3 solid variations to herself, multiplying the content by a lot. The art is good, the personalities are good, the overall story options (love, slavery) are well done.

=== Original review ===

This game has a lot of good ideas. A lot of variation even with limited scenes. Different spells will trigger different possibilities, and you can tweak the outfits on the girls to get totally different outcomes. There is a ton of variation, like an insane amount for a small game with only specific spots for scenes...

...except, to get that variation, or to progress period, you need an insane amount of triggers and timing. You sometimes have a spell option that pops up, and you need to use the EXACT spell at the exact moment of dialogue. Not one before and not one after will give you specific outcomes. Missing your chances cause whole parts of the story to be lost, which means your main hope of playing the game is using walkthroughs.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

KUHNIEST

Its way to underrated in my humble opinion. Its from a different era where newgrounds was the go to for flash games. I really enjoy it and i hope it gets developed till a satisfying conlusion. I especially like the degree of being able to change the personality of the characters and the change in scenes it causes.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

bruh1900

I found this game years ago and loved it then. The game has grown and I still love it alot. Most of this guy's stuff is alot of fun. I would love to see it remade fixing some problems and such though.
  4. 3.00 star(s)

ZeroG187

It's a very interesting game with so many endings where Dan/Rosa can be the Protagonist/Antagonist/Villain/Neutral side and see where it goes next. Having the power to control someone or using spells/skills during dialogue can really make a difference.

The only big issue I have is some inconsistent art style on the new one. It's a mixture of the Very old, semi Old and Brand new anime art style that makes it odd to look at.

The second issue is the combat balance against the enemies is Hit and Miss. They can instantly die in one hit or take no damage until level up a lot. (Be Careful on floor 10).

This game kept me invested regardless of the issues cause of it's branching paths and multiple endings that is still ongoing. I would give this a try if you overlook the odd art styles.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Rite

A good game, with a lot of content, and a lot of different choises. The primary problem with the game is that it has a far to strict set of criteria required for triggering some of the scenes, and without a walktrough, triggering these scences would be basicly impossible. Other than that, it is a very good game.
  6. 1.00 star(s)

LoneKaiser

Disclaimer in advance: I like most of the genres in this game (such as mind control and bimboficiation). That has nothing to do with my overall impression of the game.

I want to say that I enjoy this game, but honestly, I cannot anymore and I've played this game and off since like version 0.20.

There's multiple reasons for this but I'll just stick with the biggest four gripes I have:

First, the lack of content in updates.
    The updates have gone from having roughly 30-60 minutes minimum worth of content per update to... about 30 minutes per 3 updates. And that's a generous estimate.

I've gone from looking forward to each update to "oh right, I haven't checked in three updates..." and I get maybe 45 minutes of gameplay (and that's w/out using the wiki). Something I normally got from ONE update.

Second, how cryptic everything is. I love reading. But when it says "HEY THERE'S A NEW SCENE WITH X/Y/Z CHARACTER" in the change log and you have to be on a specific floor of the dungeon (which I personally find should be irrelevant but that's just my opinion - feel free to ignore it) along with having a minimum level on a character and sometimes you also need a specific spell along with a certain amount of affection, it quickly becomes a "excuse me, what the shit" deal.

Third, I find it bad game design when in order to unlock ANYTHING, you need either a walkthrough (there's an official one, but it haven't been updated in ages) or the wiki (which is thankfully updated whenever new content comes out so I'm usually lurking that for information). This is somewhat related to my second complaint above, because whenever I look at the wiki and see "You need to do X thing, then head to Y location and say Z thing," I think to myself "...nope, this was not worth it" unless it's one of literally four characters worth mentioning (Julia/Ms. Rack/Dr. Tiff/Cassandra). And even then, it's a bit of a "...yeah, who cares" as of late.

As a side-note on this one, each character has 4 forms (Normal, Mindless, Reverse, Exaggerated). Each one has 1 sex scene. They're all CG's (doesn't bother me) but if you want to fuck (for example) Mindless Julia, you're out of luck - hers (like many other Mindless scenes) involves them simply accepting the protagonist as their Master/Mistress.

I'd personally love to see more forniphilia scenes (from the top of my head, there's six - Ms. Rack (Mindless), Doll Sarah (missable), Victoria (Robot), Eric (Normal, the only one that's a guy and it's also super boring), Jane (Slut) and Brittany (Mindless). 2/6 require them to be Mindless and one is easily missable due to the limited time you can unlock it (by which I mean it's literally ONE SCENE that lets you unlock it).

Fourth and final, the amount of routes. There's a TON of routes. I mean there's easily 20-30 routes. Know how many that's done, minor routes or otherwise?

According to the wiki, there's like six completed routes (don't quote me on actual number as I don't know) - three major routes (leads to a NG+) and the rest of them are minor (meaning they're usually just for backstory or whatnot).

One of the first route is the Redemption Route. It has no content - after you give up your slaves, you can speak with SOME of them again... and then nothing. Each update I'm hoping for a bit more because I like the idea of a redemption protagonist but nope.

And yet, there's constantly new routes being added. Instead of wrapping up old ones.

And it begs the question - why are there so many when more than half of them are unfinished?

I know the idea is that "you can do whatever you want" but the freedom of choice is an illusion - the literal fourth choice in the game (second in the actual game) determines what route you're on - heroic, starting to enslave people (enslavement route) or beginning the redemption route (the first character you can enslave is Val, who is required to unlock the redemption route mentioned above). When you have to be EXTREMELY specific in what route you take, it quickly becomes a "well time to reload a save because I didn't cast a spell on that one specific line", ad infinitum.

The game has a lot of potentional left, but lack of content in updates have made me extremely bored of this game.

I have a couple of pros, but the cons heavily outweigh them.

First, I like the artwork (updated). The characters actually look like people in that one.

Second, I barely see any bugs whenever I do play, which is a massive bonus for me.

UPDATE AS OF AUG 6 2023:

...What the hell has happened with this game? It's somehow gotten EVEN WORSE since I wrote this review, nearly four years ago.

There's a child for the Protagonist called June who only appears on NG+. That's... fine, I guess. But she has basically no content. Like most fucking characters.

You're told that the game lets you do anything... but no. You have very little choice in what you can and can't do.

What's with all of the bugs all of a sudden? Half the shit isn't possible to trigger anymore - and if it is, it freezes the game! For instance, in (I believe) 0.78, a new date was added for Sarah... but it doesn't work. Why? Because it freezes the game! The game literally softlocks once the options appears - which are all misaligned or jumbled, whatever you wanna call it.

Sarah also has a scene in the dungeon. I left her (intentionally) as a doll after starting to date her and... she appear sin the dungeon? Wut? How? I sure as fuck don't know. It's never happened before AFAIK. If it's happened to someone else, feel free to inform me! She's not meant to be able to move... and yet, she randomly appeared. I don't speak with the creator of this game (ever) so I wouldn't know anything about their input.

There's also a lot of janky shit lately, like the Milk spell. It's a spell exclusive for women (fine) but... wait. One of the ones who can learn the spell is Rosa. The female protagonist. So... are we getting a male-exclusive spell, too? I'm gonna go with "nope".

I remember hearing/reading about seven or so years ago about someone who requested a gay dude to be added to the game, with Changer replying something among the lines of "it'd make no sense for there to be one". And yet... Cassandra is a lesbian because it's important to the plot...? No? It's important because... she's lesbian. Apparently. It's shitty writing.

I want to like the game a lot but with how little love it's getting (I heard from a friend who's a Patreon that he updates it for like 3-4 days per month these days and then ignores any bugs until the next update "cycle" if it can be called that)... yeah, I'm not gonna bother continuing with this game.

It's a great game on paper but the execution is God awful. Someone should adopt it and give it the love it deserves, frankly.
  7. 1.00 star(s)

Socrates1610

This game offers great depth of choice beyond almost any other game I've seen on here, it's got great design, and I actually like the art style. I'm only rating this as low as I am because it's incomplete and often buggy, and as others have pointed out, some of the choices are way too specific, and after playing for a long time, I've discovered a lot of paths are mutually exclusive for very specific reasons.
  8. 3.00 star(s)

Mangananga

Review is for 0.54

Positives: The world and characterization are unique and enjoyable, the combat is enjoyable, the mass bimbo ending is a huge plus in my book and the fact that each slave has 3-4 custom personalities is admirable, due to having to write unique and think about your transformations before a given scene.

Negatives:The saving is unforgiving, you will need a guide to get through this game, and sometimes not even that can help you. If you mess up a scene, that's all she wrote, you need to restart the game to get another chance if you didn't save, which discourages continued or repeated play. The fact that a certain event can happen at a certain time, locking you out of an ending is absurd, just come into this game knowing that this will be a test of your save scumming skills and in some cases, patience. The Walkthrough is your bible going into this

3/5: Amazing premise, amazing characters, WAY too specific timing for my liking, seriously, if you play this, use the walkthrough. If made less specific, would give 5 stars
  9. 3.00 star(s)

polynerph

Art: 3/5
    Art is good when it comes to characters, but backgrounds.... also the monsters need a little love too.

Animations: -/5
    there's no animation - however not everyone is interested in animations right?

Story: 4/5
    good story, the fact that you can use your powers during conversations makes it interesting, however, you can not use it freely... walkthrough is needed, meaning you can use them only in special scenarios.

Gameplay/Combat: 3/5
    combat is good but nothing special, you use spells for buffs, debuffs and damage just like World of Warcraft, did I mention there's Silence and Slow and root too? make sure CC is up before you attack!
  10. 2.00 star(s)

Deleted member 229118

I want to like this game but cant.

It is your classic case of good idea poor exicution.

Lets start with the good:
    Mind control is my personal fentish and unlike most mind control games i am accauly able to turn there minds off.
    I like the idea of mind controling the woman in this game and i do like the dungeon combat system.

So why cant i like this game?
    Because of the: but thou must part.
    You will need the walkthrough just to know how to enslave people.
    And the enslavement is useally: Be here at this time, do this and have this person in this personality.
    And even when they are slave's it is one sex scene per personality.
    So if you wanted to pound val as a mindless drone you are out of luck.

The game good parts are draged down by the very limeted way to enslave and use people.

I would recommand everyone to give it a try.
    The game could have been good.
    But right now it just leave me feeling dispointed.