junj

Jan 4, 2018
I got into a streetfight and had to fight with a broken arm. I didnt win, but I did fight.
You lost your streetfight, only you hurt, or worst case scenario only you die. And im not even saying fight with a broken arm is a smart choice. This case is totally different, you can really save someone, but if you are greedy, everyone would probably die, including you. This is a smart choice.

Burt Reynolds Mustache

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 19, 2017
I dont think so, in the story the MC has met some fuck up people. From a douchebag like Dick, a mystery bitch ex like Ana, and even a kind of worst person who ever live on Earth like Peter. An arson happened is not out of imagination at all, especially the MC messed with them many times. Just take it into consideration the story even started with a robbery.
You messed with Peter for Melissa, you messed with Ana for Megan, you messed with Dick for Rena etc.... Thats some kind of " trade " you have to do if you want to find true love, any loves need challenges, and IRL a true hapiness is not something easy to achieve at all.
I didn't know that true love required running into a burning building. But this is why it's forced. It's TOO much. One of those situations, ok, I can buy. Though even then Peter was laughably evil even in his first appearance. Ana was just plain bad, and Dick? He doesn't seem remotely human. The turn to the dark here has been unearned. It felt that way last episode with the Ana and Peter stuff, and ESPECIALLY felt that way here.

Aug 7, 2018
You know how it's kinda strange there never were any sequels to The Matrix? ( ) This is like that. Here I thought they'd go for 8 chapters, but i can't really complain, seeing how chapter 6 finished everything so perfectly.

The MC getting closure with Ana. Megan winning her audition and becoming a movie star. Mutual confession between Melissa, Megan and PC, all three of them being happy with the situation. Setting your bro Liam up with Rena smurf, because damn he deserves it. Completing his bucket list.

Also had tragic moments of course. The very last scene with Liam lamenting Edna's death, PC's incredibly sweet monologue about remembering all the good moments that define someone and swearing he'll take care of things, whether Liam wants him to or not. Such a crowning bittersweet, yet heartwarming moment of friendship. Couldn't think of a better scene to end this story.

Halfelf

Nov 23, 2017
I just dont know what to say about that ending. the start sucked i so wanted the MC to get back and kick the shit out of Peter. and to think the police are some how helping him at least in this instance sucks. and i am not stupid i know there is corruption in the police force even if they deny it. but that ending i just have no words.

ut1stgear

Feb 7, 2018
WOW just WOW is all I can say but if you've some of my posts that's not all.

I have to say that I actually think ep 6 is the best one so far. What sucks is that I didn't see it coming but should have. From the beginning this whole story has been rooted in real life situations, love, disappointed and yes now there is death. I didn't play "Mass Effect" so I don't get the comparison but don't need it either.

@drpinkcake has done a great job of giving us characters we can LOVE and one we can HATE. In other words real life relationships and I've thought that for some time now.

Concerning the fire I see it as being very realistic if you consider the few screens leading up to it. The MC's thoughts coming up to the house and all of a sudden BOOM there's a house completely engulfed in flames. I agree it is either Ana or Peter or someone they hired that either planted or through a bomb that rendered them both unconscious and neither one could get out. This is the short back story for the last two episodes on "Acting Lessons".

As for Liam we have seen his struggle with cancer and Edna's fight that we should have known would end quickly just from the fact that Liam met her well after she had started treatment. Also it is a fact that chemo CAN kill you. So no real surprise there.

I'm definitely with the MC when it comes to Meghan and Melissa and not being able to choose so I decided to save them both. Shouldn't be hard to figure how I did it.

In summary I think this is the absolutely the best update so far. I hope that at least 1 or 2 of the villains get taken out by the end of this game.

cloudfw

Sep 11, 2017
You know how it's kinda strange there never were any sequels to The Matrix? ( ) This is like that. Here I thought they'd go for 8 chapters, but i can't really complain, seeing how chapter 6 finished everything so perfectly.

The MC getting closure with Ana. Megan winning her audition and becoming a movie star. Mutual confession between Melissa, Megan and PC, all three of them being happy with the situation. Setting your bro Liam up with Rena smurf, because damn he deserves it. Completing his bucket list.

Also had tragic moments of course. The very last scene with Liam lamenting Edna's death, PC's incredibly sweet monologue about remembering all the good moments that define someone and swearing he'll take care of things, whether Liam wants him to or not. Such a crowning bittersweet, yet heartwarming moment of friendship. Couldn't think of a better scene to end this story.
Depending on how it plays out, and I can see some ways for the last two episodes to play out well, very much this.

In my headcanon currently mc is just coming back from Liam.

I will be taking a look in the forum before deciding if I will play further for sure.

Reactions: SmokinDragon

junj

Jan 4, 2018
I didn't know that true love required running into a burning building. But this is why it's forced. It's TOO much. One of those situations, ok, I can buy. Though even then Peter was laughably evil even in his first appearance. Ana was just plain bad, and Dick? He doesn't seem remotely human. The turn to the dark here has been unearned. It felt that way last episode with the Ana and Peter stuff, and ESPECIALLY felt that way here.
I didnt say that, its just a butterfly effect. For Melissa, you messed with a fucking drug dealer who has a loaded gun 24/7 by his side, she even stole his money and some kind of important key ( probably related to drug or weapons cabine sth like that ), in short, a very dangerous criminal. He has a clear motive. You also cannot overlook Ana or Dick, they also have their motives.
Anw I dont think its too much like what you said, or maybe you are underestimating how bad people can be.

ut1stgear

Feb 7, 2018
Depending on how it plays out, and I can see some ways for the last two episodes to play out well, very much this.

In my headcanon currently mc is just coming back from Liam.

I will be taking a look in the forum before deciding if I will play further for sure.
I agree with everything except I will avoid the forum for each update until I've played it for both 7 and 8. Means I will play 7 and then look at the forum just like I did for 6. Looking forward to find how he wraps this up. I suspect it will be somewhere between the "Hollywood Happy ending" and a real life "Nuclear bomb". I think drpink ended this episode perfectly so we can spend the next month or two wondering "who shot JR". I also think the last 2 installments will be anticlimactic after this one but probably worth playing.

fulcrum

Engaged Member
Feb 2, 2018
You lost your streetfight, only you hurt, or worst case scenario only you die. And im not even saying fight with a broken arm is a smart choice. This case is totally different, you can really save someone, but if you are greedy, everyone would probably die, including you. This is a smart choice.
i did experiments to that extent actualy, it is possible to drag out two people of their weight class (~60kg) by using one as a sled of sorts. especialy on the living room's flooring as long as those shards dont cut the tendons of the finger muscles, at least.

4.60 star(s) 803 Votes