• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Accept or Decline content

DoctorPervic

Game Developer
Aug 13, 2019
Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows how to create a set of rules or something in renpy to accept content or stop content.

for example. I am thinking of having a gay guy in my visual novel, but would love to have the option for people who play the game to be able to include him in the upcoming story line or avoid him all together.

Any suggestions are much appreciated as I'm a complete noob here.

fffffffffffk

Sep 1, 2019
bool gay_sex

print("hello do you want to see gay sex?")
if yes:
gay_sex = true
else:
gay_sex = false

if gay_sex == true:
gay sex
else
skip to scene after gay sex

DoctorPervic

Game Developer
Aug 13, 2019
ok cool so would I put that into a separate renpy file? like a script of its own?

polywog

Forum Fanatic
May 19, 2017
Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows how to create a set of rules or something in renpy to accept content or stop content.

for example. I am thinking of having a gay guy in my visual novel, but would love to have the option for people who play the game to be able to include him in the upcoming story line or avoid him all together.

Any suggestions are much appreciated as I'm a complete noob here.
Can you include they gay guy without putting a sign over his head saying that he's gay?
He's just sitting with his mates in a booth at the bar, they're drinking and carrying on. Who knew he was gay?
You don't get a gay tag, just for having a gay character in the game.
If you want the money from gay patrons, and a gay tag on your game, there has to be gay content, and not just a token gay either, there has to be penetration.
not really something that you can do optional, you're either committed or you aren't.

You could do a gay version of your game. Like "Dating my Son" where you get your son back when he turns 18 after being raised by his mother in a foreign country, and you talk to yourself a lot, questioning your own morals and values, debating if you should sleep with your son or not.

DoctorPervic

Game Developer
Aug 13, 2019
Well at the moment in my game you have an older brother who is Bisexual, and I was just wanting to have the option for the player to chose if they want to have sex with him or no. Myself I'm Bisexual but I know that there are many others that are not, and so want to apeal to everyone if possible.

and if a person takes the Bisexual path there will be lots and lots of anal fun cock masturbation and all kinds of kinky shit you can do with the Bisexual man, but would like the option for others who decide to skip that if they want. :)

polywog

Forum Fanatic
May 19, 2017
Well at the moment in my game you have an older brother who is Bisexual, and I was just wanting to have the option for the player to chose if they want to have sex with him or no. Myself I'm Bisexual but I know that there are many others that are not, and so want to apeal to everyone if possible.

and if a person takes the Bisexual path there will be lots and lots of anal fun cock masturbation and all kinds of kinky shit you can do with the Bisexual man, but would like the option for others who decide to skip that if they want. :)
There's a game with options (including fucking your brother)
I haven't played the new version.
https://f95zone.to/threads/after-invasion-v0-7-5a-perversity.1037/