VN Ren'Py About to try to make a new VN, so do I use Patreon or SubscribeStar or Itch.io?

Serenity@Blended Imagery

Nov 17, 2022
Hi all, Happy 2024!

I plan to try to start making a VN after all the VN's I have been playing for past few years.

It will be Ren'Py based. Basically the main tags for my game right now will be:

Cheating. corruption, dilf, female protagonist, group sex, humor, incest, interracial, lesbian, loli, milf, multiple endings, multiple penetration, multiple protagonist, netorare, romance, school setting, swinging, vaginal sex, voyeurism Maybe male protagonist...

Although the main focus will be the emotional and psychological aspects of cheating. netorare, and swinging from 2 female protagonists that have a male partner each. There will be a cockold aspect to it also... Still writing the plot and story so not yet final with how its going to develop yet...

So with those tags a question I have is what pros and cons have you as a game publisher had, in regards to which is better to use for distribution of a VN game with these 3:
or or

Anyone able to give a personal account about it would be very helpful... As I know incest and loli on Patreon seem to be an issue at times for some devs...

Steam is out of the question as I have had to many bad experiences playing games on their setup.

Thank you very much for any advice and help in the matter.