damnedfrog

Nov 11, 2020
The game actually already runs in windowed mode! Now, I think it actually is related to your laptop like you mentioned, but not for the reason you think! Here is my suspicion: your monitor resolution is 1920x1080, which is the resolution AWA opens at when ran. That would explain why the bottom is clipping with the taskbar and you can't see the top bar with title and such. I have something of a solution in mind!
It's true, my monitor resolution is 1920x1080.
I don't know what is your solution, but being able to choose a lower resolution like 1600x900 will be good for me, as I don't mind to play this kind of games at lower resolution in a smaller window.

Travel from within a region to another "connected" region is planned. Probably not in the next Public Release, I already have my objectives set for that (You can read about them in a public patreon post!), but likely relatively soon.
No problem if it's not in the next update.
You have an incremental development approach, which is a good think.
It's normal that not all improvements are available at once.

As to the Return button, it will die (probably by the next public release!) but I am sorry to tell you that its legacy will live on. The ExploreEvents will have a pop-up(think like what happens when you open your inventory in camp) to display the Event and its options (as opposed to sticking them in the same window as the Region's description). You will have to click a button to close this pop-up. Sorry. I can say however that once that happens you won't be locked into going straight to a new region when you discover it like you currently are, and will be able to stay where you currently are.
I understand that sometimes, a return button is necessary. In the case of a pop-up windows, you need something to be able to close the window.

I intend to expand where you will be able to save the game from. Once again, likely not in the next Public Release, but eventually I want it to happen. Probably not to the degree that you can save and rollback after every dialogue choice or combat turn or the like, but much less chained to the Camp.
I think rollback and access to the save window are functionality built-in Ren'py engine.
If they are not in the engine you are using, it could take a lot of time and effort to create them.
I'm curious, what engine are you using?
And why not choose a popular one like Ren'py or Twine?

Thank you for your feedback, it is a great help to hear what people think could be improved! In this week alone the game has gotten much, much more playable thanks to the feedback from F95.
No problem, it's great to be able to give some feedback and dialog with the dev.

damnedfrog

Nov 11, 2020
  • The player will be able to assign their slaves or workers or what have you to work as prostitutes. This would be entirely optional, and likely similar to the implementation of similar systems in the games mentioned as inspirations to A World Adrift.
  • At least one planned unique npc/potential companion is slated to start the game as a sex worker. Odds are very good(in other words, all but certain) that you will not be subjected to seeing them at work on anyone but you.
  • At some point or another, it may make sense to have an option to offer your companion for sex to achieve whatever goal or another. This will never be mandatory. There will always be other reasonably accessible alternatives(in other words, you don't have to min max to avoid having to cuck yourself). Such options even appearing would be able to be disabled in the settings. No exclusive content would ever be locked behind such a thing.
Does it means that we can only have master/slaves relationship with NPC?
I must say I would like to have some companions with a more friendship relation, maybe even some romance.
I fact, in the prologue, it is said that we are exile with others. Some prefer to be executed instead, but not all for what I understand. So I was thinking that we could start with one or two exile companions.
And it would be a good reason why a bunch of strangers became a group of adventurers with some bound. Nothing like being exile in a chaotic devastated land to establish some solid bonds of trust, respect and friendship :)

Bergesgooly

Nov 15, 2022
How often are we getting updates for this thing? Is it a once a month kind of deal or more of a "when the update is ready" thing.

LutholianDev

Game Developer
Jun 20, 2019
How often are we getting updates for this thing? Is it a once a month kind of deal or more of a "when the update is ready" thing.
Ideally I'd like to aim for at least monthly releases of development versions(patron releases), or maybe one every couple weeks, but my current approach to releases is primarily goals-based. For example, for the development version I just released (0.0.1.5) the goal was to address some problems that came up in feedback and upgrade the sex system with continuous actions. That's been done, so now its out, if that makes sense.

At a certain point, development is going to shift to being primarily content-based as opposed to systems-based(meaning the frameworks are mostly completed and most work is about filling them out and using them from then on) and at that point it should be much easier to give reliable and regular release dates for updates.

AlexPersia

Nov 15, 2023
Is there a way to change the game's resolution?
My screen is 1360x768
I can't see the right side of the game

LutholianDev

Game Developer
Jun 20, 2019
Is there a way to change the game's resolution?
My screen is 1360x768
I can't see the right side of the game
The most recent version should fit to screen when its initially run. I intend to add a proper resolution selection, but have been putting it off to try to implement the full dialogue system.

Thetot

Jun 13, 2017
The most recent version should fit to screen when its initially run. I intend to add a proper resolution selection, but have been putting it off to try to implement the full dialogue system.
It doesn't. It's spilling over into my second monitor and the bottom hides underneath my taskbar.

Reactions: LutholianDev

LutholianDev

Game Developer
Jun 20, 2019
It doesn't. It's spilling over into my second monitor and the bottom hides underneath my taskbar.
Which version? The one here, or newer 0.0.2.0 off itch.io?

Either way, I released minor public update 0.0.2.1 today which implements resolution settings and tweaks a lot of the ui to behave better when changing window size. If no one else does, I will put it here after the 3 day patron early access is over! Ideally that should settle the resolution problems for good!

Thetot

Jun 13, 2017
Which version? The one here, or newer 0.0.2.0 off itch.io?

Either way, I released minor public update 0.0.2.1 today which implements resolution settings and tweaks a lot of the ui to behave better when changing window size. If no one else does, I will put it here after the 3 day patron early access is over! Ideally that should settle the resolution problems for good!
I was trying the version that was on here. But I will happily give it another try in three days then with the new update.

Reactions: LutholianDev

LutholianDev

Game Developer
Jun 20, 2019
Minor public release 0.0.2.1 is now available for everyone!

I've updated the thread with the new version (hopefully!) correctly.

Should be able to be downloaded from the OP here, on the Patreon, and on the itch.io page!

Reactions: damnedfrog

LutholianDev

Game Developer
Jun 20, 2019
Development version 0.0.2.3 is now for patrons of Adrift tier or higher!
It can be found here:

The update primarily deals with the implementation of the dialogue system, as well as improvements to world exploration and interaction in general. It is primarily a technical update, with some content expanded to make use of the new systems.

Edit: quick correction of a typo in the version number!

LutholianDev

Game Developer
Jun 20, 2019
A sneak peek about our upcoming new character is up on the patreon!

I'm hoping to see her out in a development version by the end of the week, but it is a bit optimistic of a deadline, so we'll have to see!

LutholianDev

Game Developer
Jun 20, 2019
Development version 0.0.2.4 is now available for patrons of Adrift tier of higher! Vixsya is in!

And yeah, I was far more right than I'd like to be about being optimistic about that deadline.

LutholianDev

Game Developer
Jun 20, 2019
Public release 0.0.2.5 is now available for everyone!

Patreon:
Itch.io:

Reactions: damnedfrog

LutholianDev

Game Developer
Jun 20, 2019
Development version 0.0.2.6 is now available for patrons of Adrift tier of higher!

New weapons, exploration events, and the knowledge system alongside a nice collections of other improvements!

okme

Jan 21, 2018
Development version 0.0.2.6 is now available for patrons of Adrift tier of higher!

New weapons, exploration events, and the knowledge system alongside a nice collections of other improvements!

I tried the latest version you have, it keeps have a "null" scene that mentions a goblin.

LutholianDev

Game Developer
Jun 20, 2019
I tried the latest version you have, it keeps have a "null" scene that mentions a goblin.
It's the one by a stream, right? I've caught the bug and fixed it already, will be fixed in the next release.

LutholianDev

Game Developer
Jun 20, 2019
Public release 0.0.2.65 is now available for everyone!

Downloadable at:
Patreon:
Itch.io:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Edit: I have (hopefully correctly) updated the OP to have it available here as well!

Last edited:

CboyC95

Engaged Member
Feb 22, 2019
Will we expect to see traps and femboys and can we make our character into one?

1.00 star(s) 2 Votes