Shasou

Oct 5, 2017
Will we expect to see traps and femboys and can we make our character into one?
I would like to know that as well, just found out about this project and it seems very interesting so far. Would like to understand a bit more on how much character customization we can expect on this title. As an absolute fan of femboys i would love to customize my character into one as well as meeting and interacting with femboy npcs

Oliz82

Mar 15, 2021
Hello.

I wanted to try this game but nothing happens when I select New game. It stays like this :
1713656530336.png
No matter how long I wait.

Good continuation.

Reactions: Soylent Green

Jakur3

Feb 27, 2020
Same for me.
I try the Patreon and the itch.io link.
The 2 crash after the character creation.
the crash seems to be related to changing the name for the character, did some quick experimenting with it. Doesn't matter whether you change the first or last name, it seems to lead to the crash.

Edit: it seems that specific combinations during the character creation will crash the game, but there have been changes to what has crashed for me and what hasn't so it's not fully tied to your name specifically. my general tip is to just go through the character creation a couple of times with just you changing the settings until you can create the character you wish for.

Last edited:
Reactions: MysteryBlob

LutholianDev

Game Developer
Jun 20, 2019
the crash seems to be related to changing the name for the character, did some quick experimenting with it. Doesn't matter whether you change the first or last name, it seems to lead to the crash.

Edit: it seems that specific combinations during the character creation will crash the game, but there have been changes to what has crashed for me and what hasn't so it's not fully tied to your name specifically. my general tip is to just go through the character creation a couple of times with just you changing the settings until you can create the character you wish for.
Can you share in the thread or in a pm what combinations can produce crashes? On my end I can't get crashes out of character creation.

damnedfrog

Nov 11, 2020
Can you share in the thread or in a pm what combinations can produce crashes? On my end I can't get crashes out of character creation.
I have just make a couple of tests, and I think the issues is if you change for a longer name than 4 characters (as it's the length of the default name Anon).

Also, after a few restart of the game, it's started to open in a very tinny window :
1713754397507.png
I play in Windowed mode, with Start Maximized checked.
I finally found that was because the window size was "custom" instead of "1920x1080", which is my screen resolution.

An Idea for a little future improvement : to have an option at the start of the game to skip the little introduction to go right to the character creation screen.

JJATH

May 2, 2017
Music sometimes has a static sound. No idea why, it's really weird and annoying.

LoliNep

Nov 17, 2018
Saves are in Appdata>Roaming>LutholianDev>A World Adrift

you can use notepad to edit numbers

LutholianDev

Game Developer
Jun 20, 2019
Hi folks.

I'm cancelling A World Adrift for the foreseeable future.

Patreon post here: goes into it.

TLDR Bulletpoints
  • If you are a paid subscriber, you have had your most recent charge refunded and a message has been sent notifying you about the cancellation.
  • Couldn't make the game into something viable quickly enough. Trapped treading water in a state of it being perpetual garbage.
  • I'm going to continue to work on A World Adrift's technical/engine side and game systems in my free time here and there. Maybe they will be improved enough to be worthwhile some day, but no one should be waiting around for that maybe.
  • I am shifting to focusing on developing a new game with a much tighter scope and more limited systems and will talk about it more in the future(not in this thread. Maybe a link to the new project, but nothing more).

I wish things could have been different, but its been eight months and I couldn't stick the landing. Thanks everyone who gave the game a try, reported bugs, left reviews, and everything else.

SHeeSHers

Nov 8, 2021
I don't even know how to get pass the forest.. Am I stuck or is there just very little content??

LutholianDev

Game Developer
Jun 20, 2019
I don't even know how to get pass the forest.. Am I stuck or is there just very little content??
There was not much more than the Forest. Most of the game's development had focused on technical systems rather than content, and it showed sadly.

A coastal plains region and coast region were available before the game was released publicly for the first time but I disabled them due to them lacking content, ironically enough.

BannedHeresy™

¿sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ uɐɔ
Donor
Jan 4, 2019
Despite the lack of content... This does seem promising over time. The music captured me, regardless if it's a placeholder or taken from a royalty-free site or whatever... And the introduction to the story is very promising, I can appreciate someone that can weave simple plots into elaborate sentences... I'll be watching it.

Edit: I just saw this game was cancelled. That's a disappointment.

Last edited:
1.00 star(s) 2 Votes