• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Jag Hond

Aug 29, 2017
I respect your point of view, Yggalf.
But that's all.
Sorry, but I hate to positively disagree with almost all you wrote, and first of all with your first sentence.
More surprisingly this, you're proud to state you are a professional, I have to think, storywriter.
Strange that you're assuming you, and only you, are the one able to claim the terms, and then judge, if a story is written well.
But you are not asking to yourself if all the other people would follow you in your path or way of thinking.
And, to that few I happened to learn about this kind of matters, people made writers' fortune by reading or purchasing their novels, and never took care of writers judging other writers' work.

fauxplayer

Engaged Member
Uploader
Donor
May 28, 2017
I personally don't have a problem with the slow build up. He produces plenty of content and we will get there soon enough. Having said that, I probably would have a problem with it if I was paying him.
I agree, though I'll say I'm a patron, and I'm donating money because I like what he's doing and what he has planned. I like what he's done so far, and I hope that I like it more as it goes. Not everyone likes it. That's fine.

I've been clear earlier that I was disappointed in this update not because of a lack of sex scenes (anyone who expected any is not paying attention), but simply because the teasing/build-up scenes lacked eroticism, in my opinion. The guitar lesson, the scene with Ellie at the pool, the gym scenes, even the basketball game and the swimming lesson felt like good teases for what is coming later. The trampoline and video game scenes here felt more of the same without any build-up from previous events, and the Ellie scene with her friend felt like a lost opportunity for some kind of spark--it just felt a bit flat.

But I'll continue to support him because of his vision for this game, not despite it. I understand why some people are critical, and they have a right to their opinion. It just seems odd that people bash a dev for doing exactly what he's clearly stated he plans to do in the first place.

titokm10

Aug 15, 2017
Bro the Dev is not being rational he has time against him and ffs 2 months for a bra scene and no sex not even in the good path wtf like alright dude its time its been 8 MONTHS of waiting stop introducing characters theres 200 of them already and the worst part she hasnt even kissed any of them except her husband. This is not a Mexican Novela man stop with that.
And for last you really need to stop using BOOTYLICIOUS. WTF.

Update i got banned of this thread for simply saying the truth remember my words in the future when this DEV/Genius Scams all of you then they gonna say Tito was f right.

Eye-switcher

Jun 30, 2017
I actually have a gameplay question, when i take the subway, nothing happens, i dont get molested. Any idea why?

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017
Bro the Dev is not being rational he has time against him and ffs 2 months for a bra scene and no sex not even in the good path wtf like alright dude its time its been 8 MONTHS of waiting stop introducing characters theres 200 of them already and the worst part she hasnt even kissed any except her husband. This is not a Mexican Novela man stop with that.
And for last you really need to stop using BOOTYLICIOUS. WTF.
You again? Think you have previously established it, how many more times?

Olivia_V

Jun 5, 2017
It's not his slow pacing that's killing interest, it's his dev cycle churning out updates of minimal plot escalation every two months. If his issue is that he's a single developer... then lower the number of renders. Become more efficient.

Reactions: Renzon and titokm10

titokm10

Aug 15, 2017
It's not his slow pacing that's killing interest, it's his dev cycle churning out updates of minimal plot escalation every two months. If his issue is that he's a single developer... then lower the number of renders. Become more efficient.
Exactly or he could get some help which is an investment as he will get more patreons (money) if the updates are quicker i wouldnt mind if the game was at this stage in a period of 3 months but 8 months dude seriously.

bigpenniser

Aug 7, 2016
Like most of you here, I was disappointed with the update, mainly because it felt like a step backwards in terms of lewdness. Most of the scenes lacked eroticism (with the exception of the park scene), and there was nothing that made them special. At least in the earlier scenes, there was an undercurrent of sexual tension running throughout.
When Sophia met Alyssa and the maid, there was immediate attraction. When Sophia worked out with Vicky, there was some light groping involved. Ellie's sunbathing scene early on felt like some lines were being crossed. But this update provides no forward momentum - just more "accidental" groping/touching involving Sam and Dylan, which is not sexy.
I am a huge defender of this game, and I would like to see the developer succeed, but the time for set up is over - the argument could be made that it was over a long time ago. I'm glad to see that the developer is going to further streamline the story, and focus on the more important characters, but at this point, the game's incredible potential is being wasted.
Part of the problem is that the developer is opening up way too many threads that he won't be able to fully flesh out and resolve. There are a lot of possible romances already, and adding more characters would destroy the immersion. The whole game's simply full odd choices and missed opportunities, which ultimately detracts from Sophia's gradual progression.
What was the point of having Sophia take a side job if the developer doesn't plan to include any sexual content with the old men? Anna Exciting Affection did it in a way that works, so why not copy some of what DeepSleep is doing? It just seems odd to include this whole separate branch if it won't be related to Sophia's sexual "awakening", and will be cut out.
Also, why not have a scene with Patricia showering in Sophia's home, after coming back from the park? That would allow them to have more awkward flirtatious moments, and slowly make Sophia more comfortable with her sister's carefree attitude regarding nudity and sex. There doesn't even need to be nudity for it to be sexy - close proximity is enough.
Why not have Ellie and Julia caressing each other's faces and shoulders, and maybe hinting at a possible kiss between them in the future? They don't need to kiss, or go full lesbian (yet), but there needs to be a lot more sexual tension and conflicting feelings - at least from Ellie's point of view - in order for the eavesdropping scene to work, and for Sophia to find it hot.
I guess the main issue is that the developer sees "casual" scenes as necessary (like Alyssa and Sophia at the cafe - no sexual tension at all). That may work for film and television, in order to establish character and deepen relationships, but it's completely unnecessary when it comes to an adult game. If it's not moving the story forward, it should be cut out.
Ultimately, no matter what any of us say (good criticism or negative attacks), Lust & Passion will stick to his vision. However, I thought the whole story was written already, but it's clear from his own comments that's not the case. He may have a rough idea of where it's all going, but he's still writing it as we speak, which explains the long delays in development.
Overall, I think I'll just unsub from this thread for a while. The next update will be insignificant (only 100 renders, really?), which means that it won't have any scenes of substance - just more casual dialogue and silly accidental flashing/touching scenes. I know that the good stuff is supposed to start soon, but this whole thing is just getting exhausting.
So... still nothing huh? I dont want to waste my mega download on this if its still some senseless million word essay.

lesbiaN7ncest

Jun 8, 2017
What concerns the first side job, I don't know how people are into grandpa/younger woman stuff. Maybe I'll do a poll if people want to see where it goes at all or if I should cancel it completely.
This was, for me, the most disappointing aspect of this update. Not just because I am just straight up not into grandpa/younger woman stuff, but because it overall shows a lack of progress in my mind and seemed like wasted content to me.

It also seemed to contradict prior statements, and by that I mean I thought we were done with setup. I defended this game after the school update because while others felt nothing was happening I saw it as the last necessary setup before things started to kick off. To me it was basically a case of "we've got the cast, we've established the setting, time to start escalating things" and then L&P pretty much said in a following update that that was indeed the idea and that we were going to see content and introductions were done.

Because of this the whole thing seems like both content that was contrary to this point and wasted content at that. We already have a big enough cast of characters for the MC to get involved with, perhaps even a little too big some might say. We've got plenty of setup and plenty of potential for them too. Introducing another set of characters, especially ones as unappealing as a group of old men, at this stage isn't a good move. And on top of that it just feels like the effort that went into this could have been directed elsewhere, either in giving us a quicker update or giving us a more meaningful encounter with one of the other already pre-established cast. The whole thing just seemed like squandered time, resources and content.

Initially I was willing to give it the benefit of the doubt because maybe it wasn't going where it seemed, but given that L&P has outlined that it is pretty much just "grandpa/younger woman stuff" that doesn't interest me in the slightest and I'd much prefer content with any of the established cast, even ones I'm not personally interested in. I'm pretty much just in this for the lesbian stuff personally, but by all means having some content with the male teacher, your sister's husband or even the moving men would have been better suited. Or even have the private museum showing with the two young men instead of just talking about it. My point is that this content just felt like a weight added onto the whole project.

kymico

Nov 29, 2016
jbGnYYo.gif

Alright, I'll agree with most folks here. This was a disappointing update.

Not because of the lack of sex scenes (there are none???) but due to the fact it was slow and uninteresting. Having so many renders for a jogging scene is simply overkill. The content can still be the same but split this on 2 days and focus on advancing the story. He can easily put up 2 days worth of content with this many renders.

See you guys in September.

3.40 star(s) 490 Votes