• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN Ren'Py A Thousand Rounds [Ch. 1.0] [NME Artworks]

5.00 star(s) 9 Votes

NME Artworks

Game Developer
Jul 31, 2023
Why is pixeldrain file triple the size?
It's the uncompressed file. Mediafire, Mega, and GDrive links will have the compressed file. If Gdrive and Mediafire aren't working let me know. I will probably need to add extra bandwidth to Mediafire. For Gdrive there is a workaround if the download quota was hit.
1700576909318.png

Reactions: Cloonesk

TheMarquis

Jan 29, 2023
Good start, too early to even have an opinion but you got help from some big names out there. I'm sure this project will only get better. I'll definitely keep an eye on it.

Reactions: NME Artworks

drifter139

Dec 11, 2019
gonna go ahead and take a guess at what chapter 2 will be. MC will have had a good relationship but due to his drinking, the girls got tired of trying to help him and since he didn't wanna talk about his problems, spent 90% of the time wasted. probably means his job will be almost non-existent since his friend will see the spiraling and tell him he needs to get help or else he'll be fired. faced with being alone and jobless, MC stumbles until he hits rock bottom and decides it's time to get help and goes to meetings for his drinking problem and will probably bump into 1 if not both of the twins and slowly works back into their good graces

natebj

Jan 22, 2021
Keep up the good work. Brother in law came back from Afghanistan a couple years ago, works as a recruiter. Has done some shit he has nightmares about I can't mention here. Has been trying to drink himself to death until having a heart attack in his thirties a couple weeks ago. One day at a time. Keep it up. Perfect venue to let it out.

Slick Bean

Sep 9, 2023
Did you watch the ... stare of destiny mind melting MC into utter failure just before finishing the game?
gonna go ahead and take a guess at what chapter 2 will be. MC will have had a good relationship but due to his drinking, the girls got tired of trying to help him and since he didn't wanna talk about his problems, spent 90% of the time wasted. probably means his job will be almost non-existent since his friend will see the spiraling and tell him he needs to get help or else he'll be fired. faced with being alone and jobless, MC stumbles until he hits rock bottom and decides it's time to get help and goes to meetings for his drinking problem and will probably bump into 1 if not both of the twins and slowly works back into their good graces
You naughty Dotty!

drifter139

Dec 11, 2019
Did you watch the ... stare of destiny mind melting MC into utter failure just before finishing the game?

You naughty Dotty!
it's really not that hard to see how the plot will go. most soldiers suffering with PTSD usually end up either drinking or internalizing the pain of what they saw. maybe both in some extreme cases. given what we saw at the end of chapter 1, we can guess what will happen. while I like the idea of MC realizing that neither of these are good choices, we're going to see his life spiral out of control despite 2 sweet girls trying to help him

Slick Bean

Sep 9, 2023
1701333048347.png
Ch1.5 - Dev Log the 1st of 3 days ago
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I mean .. MC clearly let his pal run his work life:
- waited on his ass two full weeks for a job, LMAO!
we're going to see his life spiral out of control despite 2 sweet girls trying to help him
Then, MC let the girls literally run his personal life giving them full control:
- he now looks what they want him to look like - totally scruffy guerilla vet, not army vet LOL!

It looks pretty canon now that MC is resigned to cater to these three people who actually run his life,
do not see how or why himself would be a problem when he is so resigned
about what civi life looks like in his experience so far:
to be whatever others want him to be, wish fulfilling his life through others.

Last edited:
Reactions: HuhRedy

drifter139

Dec 11, 2019
I mean .. MC clearly let his pal run his work life:
- waited on his ass two full weeks for a job, LMAO!

Then, MC let the girls literally run his personal life giving them full control:
- he now looks what they want him to look like - totally scruffy guerilla vet, not army vet LOL!

It looks pretty canon now that MC is resigned to cater to these three people who actually run his life,
do not see how or why himself would be a problem when he is so resigned
about what civi life looks like in his experience so far:
to be whatever others want him to be, wish fulfilling his life through others.
here's the problem. MC chooses to drink in excess. none of these people are pouring the drinks down his throat. none of them are telling him to keep everything bottled up. those are his choices. his friend wasn't available at the start since he was out of town for work which meant that MC wasn't just sitting around and doing nothing. he couldn't do anything other than wait. as for the girls. while they like that he looks a certain way, that doesn't mean they want him to act like a broken soldier waiting for the next fight. MC made the choice not to talk about anything that happened. his life will spiral due to HIS choices and not their views on how he should readjust to civilian life. MC is going to spiral regardless of his personal look and his work life due to his issues with alcohol and internalization of pain. I have 3 cousins who were military and they all saw friends go down the same path because they struggled with what they saw so I've heard from them what happens when things like alcohol becomes involved

Slick Bean

Sep 9, 2023
Wednderful eye opener right there. This story is grounded enough to evoke real feelings,
which is already a huge win in of itself.

What stays with the palyer:
- the somewhat utter downer,
which is the way this game ending like it did,
leaves the player disheartened and genuinely thinking the story is over: fast forward - tragedy, end of story.

The bits and pieces we see of what the girls give to MC - total selfless access to love and understanding,
dig a huge hole for MC being a nutter asshole grenade going off smakc in their full frontal nude bodies,
but with the splash radious of a hefty RPG and the level of radioation 5000 Gigaton hidrogen bomb leaves behind.

To make matters worse, MC had plans to dive into his work for/alongside his pal and go to the gym.

Some time later tho, we have no confirmation he ever did any work,
we know not whether he is now a partner like his buddy promissed him or not,
we have no idea if he did join the gym and started working out.
What we can see tho, is that his shirtless months later bod suggests
he did start working out somewhere,
as the girls are not shown to do any workout at home themselves
and despite his military ”trainin*”, MC keeps crying to himself about,
like how his military deployment and camaradery would be his whole life,
he is shown to have pretty much given up on his militarry regiment alltogether:
- there is no food+workout+clothes and weappons regular cleaning and checkup,
not to mention no phisical checkups whatsoever or practice of hand to hand combat,
even though such skills are warranted in contractor/bodyguard work his pal is into.

Even the receptionist babe he knows to be a bodyguard his pal trusts with his life,
so I would have guessed MC would put in the work to at least compete with that level
of work ethics and propper maintenance of hios skills and body, joining a security firm.

Last edited:

drifter139

Dec 11, 2019
Wednderful eye opener right there. This story is grounded enough to evoke real feelings,
which is already a huge win in of itself.

What stays with the palyer:
- the somewhat utter downer,
which is the way this game ending like it did,
leaves the player disheartened and genuinely thinking the story is over: fast forward - tragedy, end of story.

The bits and pieces we see of what the girls give to MC - total selfless access to love and understanding,
dig a huge hole for MC being a nutter asshole grenade going off smakc in their full frontal nude bodies,
but with the splash radious of a hefty RPG and the level of radioation 5000 Gigaton hidrogen bomb leaves behind.

To make matters worse, MC had plans to dive into his work for/alongside his pal and go to the gym.

Some time later tho, we have no confirmation he ever did any work,
we know not whether he is now a partner like his buddy promissed him or not,
we have no idea if he did join the gym and started working out.
What we can see tho, is that his shirtless months later bod suggests
he did start working out somewhere,
as the girls are not shown to do any workout at home themselves
and despite his military ”trainin*”, MC keeps crying to himself about,
like how his military deployment and camaradery would be his whole life,
he is shown to have pretty much given up on his militarry regiment alltogether:
- there is no food+workout+clothes and weappons regular cleaning and checkup,
not to mention no phisical checkups whatsoever or practice of hand to hand combat,
even though such skills are warranted in contractor/bodyguard work his pal is into.

Even the receptionist babe he knows to be a bodyguard his pal trusts with his life,
so I would have guessed MC would put in the work to at least compete with that level
of work ethics and propper maintenance of hios skills and body, joining a security firm.
this is a MC meaning that like most, it's to be expected anything that happens is plot armor. like him working out once a week or once every 2 weeks means keeping a well toned body. this is a reason why some military guys in games somehow always seem jacked despite never being seen working out. a good example is the MC from the game A Long Road Home

drifter139

Dec 11, 2019
First thing I saw:

"Tom Clancy, John Grisham"

Me: Wtf an AVN Dev who reads:oops:? Aint no way. I gotta play this shit:LOL:.
while I can appreciate a dev who knows their characters, it would be refreshing to see MC potentially attend meetings to deal with their issues instead of magically becoming sober and past the PTSD with the only explanation being "they went to a couple meetings and were cured"

Firaxius

Aug 13, 2020
Very beautiful VN, the story is amazingly well told, I do get in contact with soldiers due to living in a soldier city here, but I never see things like these PTSD and I'm sure it must be serious for real soldiers in war zones. I'm glad to see a glimps of how they must feel and I'm intrigued to see future updates, it really touched my heart. Keep up the good work, you sure have one of the beautifull VN out here.

5.00 star(s) 9 Votes