• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

RPGM - A Silent Statue [v0.9] [Taboossy]

1. 5.00 star(s)

MidnightKing

Review for v0.9

Wow, I cannot believe how good this was. I'm a little blown away honestly. For a rather unassuming niche game, this borderlines to near masterpiece on what it actually does and accomplishes. Little disclaimer that I only did the statue related ending and content. There seems to be other side paths for things like living sex dolls, but that isn't my thing so I avoided it.

A Silent Statue, as of this version anyway, is a very short and sweet game. At least in regards to the ending I reached. On the way home from your shit job, your truck breaks down hours away from any place that could help. Oh, but there is a strange mansion nearby out in the woods. Let's go explore that. Wait, why are all these sexy women statues here? Wait, why are they moving???

Pretty simple all things considered, but you know what I didn't expect? How actually touching this sort of mini story ended up being. Maybe it's just striking all my particular cords, but this is genuinely one of the best romance stories I've watched play out in recent memory. It's not super deep, its not a many hours long slow burn, nor is it really as complex as other RPGM games may be. But how easy I got immersed within this is nuts.

Never would I have expected a dev to be able to give what is literally just a statue of an ass so much personality. And this goes for all the statue women. Genuinely, they all have such a surprising amount of character in the short moments you get with them. Then you get to the one that can actually speak, and seriously? She might be one of my favorite "love interests" out of the MANY games I've played. Obviously subjective, but I find her personality pretty much prefect. A guy could fall in love with that statue.

Even the MC I was able to connect with. The sort of genuine nice guy thing and how he really finds himself caring about these statue women and tries to make them happy is very sweet.

It's also worth parsing the more technical aspects of the game too. The sounds and music are well chosen, the art is pretty solid (get the joke), and even the animations are surprisingly good. The sex scenes are on the shorter side, but still hit regardless. There's even a lot of small flavor text I enjoyed.

Really the only thing I'd want out of this at this point is a little playable epilogue giving me some more cute scenes (and new sex scenes) with the statue girls. Besides that, the game is already gold. If you're in the mood for something a bit different and this caught your eye, I truly do recommend it.
  2. 1.00 star(s)

Oakkom

Hivemind needs to chill for a bit, the game's alright, but this is a little ridiculous, certainly not 1 star, but this being at the top of the site is a bit unwarranted for what it really is.
    As a basic CG collector, or even an RPGM game with a "deep" story, there's waaaaay better picks on the site that I wish got half as much recognition as this...
  3. 5.00 star(s)

johnysanchez01

Making a game is hard. Making a game with an original concept that manages to execute it well is extremely hard, and the dev of A Silent Statue has done just that. A.S.S. (I just got this lmao) may not be as expansive as other games on this site but that's because it's the result of a focused vision from what is obviously an experienced and knowledgeable game dev. The story toes the line between eerie and hot in a way that's very compelling. The art is great as well, with smooth animations and a unique artstyle. I have no idea how the dev came up with this concept, but I'm very glad they did.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

IamAndrea

What looks like a simple and straight-forward story; unveiled to be much more complex and detailed. Actions have consequences and rewards. Art is very well made. Loved the game, and I equally believe it was made with love/passion/etc.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Bruh45724

I never really review because of the character minimum but this, honestly, deserves it. One of the best games I played. Cool premise, fantastic art, and a lot of clear effort put in to the whole story. Hope this continues and hope the dev sees this review.
  6. 2.00 star(s)

Oberoth

It's weird to see, that's basically what my criticism of this game sums up. I don't understand its objective, but I'd understand why is liked so much, however it is not my case, this type of fetishes do not suit me, a personal thing, that is why I'll give it 2 stars, I don't consider it fair for a game like this to gettin' such high ratings when there be thousands way better out there.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

j8D9e3G24k

"A Silent Statue" is a promising title that stands out for its exceptional art design and atmospheric world. While it's still a work in progress, it's already a captivating experience that offers a glimpse into a mysterious and intriguing narrative. I look forward to seeing how Taboossy continues to develop this game and unravel the secrets hidden within "A Silent Statue." It's a must-try for fans of atmospheric nsfw rpgm games.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

Hentaiman50

Great story, great visuals, and the setting is perfect! I love the way the statues interact with the protagonist (and I also love the way they look lol) Really well done, looking forward to playing more games like this!
  9. 5.00 star(s)

JawaTheHutt

new fetish unlocked. great little game, funny dialogue and nice artwork. it has more to it than you might think, with different endings and scenes to unlock, wich i havent found all of them. the only bad thing is that it is so short! Keep it up!
  10. 5.00 star(s)

LuminescentBerry

With myself being the gallery hunter that I am, I had to replay the game 5 times to get all sex routes and to pick up a specific scene I accidentally missed. A few scene animations felt a bit rugged, but can be overlooked by the sexy character designs. Had a few laughs with the character interactions, which made me more interested in the story. So far I only leave ratings on games I absolutely despise or enjoy to an addictive level, good to say, in this case it's the latter. Really enjoyed the game, and hope to see more of this.
  11. 4.00 star(s)

czarred

It's rather brief, but a relatively enjoyable ride for those that choose to take it. Sprite work is bar-none some of the best I've seen from an RPGM game, and the overall presentation is quite smooth.

H-content is enjoyable, and easy to acquire without the use of guides, though a built-in hint AND full-unlock system is incorporated for those just looking to check it quick.

It is a bit weird though. I mean, you're gonna be bonking statues. Statues. You get what you sign up for.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

MrHan97

This game is too strange, but incredibly sexy! Every artistic scene belongs to a style that transcends convention, and the bizarre sexual partners and their restricted behavior that are different from humans make the atmosphere appear eerie and vulgar. I can only say that it's too damn great! We need more!
  13. 5.00 star(s)

SeleucoINicator

A short game (1 hour - 2 hours), with a very interesting concept, about statues that come to life, the story although not very important, makes you want to know more about the origin of the statues and explore more of their world.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

marshiro

Seldom a game feature not human, not furry, but lifeless objects with sexy features as the main characteristic.
    I wonder if there will be more featured characters in the future. Let's say a wall of female features.
    For the story, the main character has a wild night in the mansion and leaves by dawn. It leads me to look forward for him to return in future content.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

Scrappedcarbon

This is one of those rare games that I thought would be an okay 15 min ish game. Ended up being 1 hour of fun. :wink:
    The art is really nice the story is simple but good.
    This is one of those rare games on this site that I would say is a must play.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

john93

The state of the game as of now is pretty good! The artwork (assuming its 3D modeling) has a unfocused dream-like quality to it, enough focus to it but not detailed enough to be lifelike. The dialogue is pretty funny and relatable, along with the main characters personality and interactions with the talking statue being the highlight for me. The "true" ending of the game is oddly sweet but I think a tad abrupt in some way I can't pinpoint. I wish there was more experimenting with angles and sound (I know I know its just a demo sue me). The only other game I had this reaction to is Teraurge (V3 NEVER EVER) which is very refreshing. To come into a game looking to rip the first 10 layers of skin off your crank but stopping for the plot and character interaction and the sexy statures. This being my first review is a testament to the quality here, I don't post very often If at all. If you put up with reading this review Taboossy thanks for the free content!
  17. 3.00 star(s)

LighterCube

This game has a suspicious number of 5 star reviews for the number of people who have liked/viewed it. This is not the best RPG maker game on the site. It is a nice game and the statues are all unique in looks and personality . Arts not that great imo but the concept is fun.
  18. 5.00 star(s)

l_i_m_e

I think this is a really good game for what it is. It took me about an hour to finish and I'm sure i missed one thing but overall it left me feeling pretty good.

Visuals are amazing. From the sprites to the animations it's all well done. And the shots are really nice. Especially the outro.

Story is pretty short as I said and I would love to see more of this but I really don't think that's possible. It's just one of those things where you wish it could go on and on but ultimately it just can't. But Taboossy has a sense of humor and story telling that is unique and interesting.

Someone said the high rated reviews are for the memes and poking fun at amputation fetish. And honestly I don't get that from this. Yeah they're statues with no legs, arms or heads but given the context it makes sense.
  19. 4.00 star(s)

Nub123XXD

Came in thinking "woahoo qwirky weird monster-girl game i bet its going to be super weird" but i came out a changed man. A good premise, an insanely good sprite-work and a wholesome ending, what more could you want?!

the one star missing is for some missing QoLs like intro skipping, not that much replay value, and no gallery/scene replays

if the devs actually read this: the overworld sprite animations is insanely good, i definetly understand why you omit any skip options(using no-skip plugins) so people actually read the story, but repeat playthroughs are kind of a slog to go through
  20. 5.00 star(s)

black2134

I wish this game on steam, this interesting concept make me thing " why don't this exist on first time place" don't tell me about what you kinky every statues on mythologic Greek is already exist, the problem people who make this is something out concept but is brilliant to chose this and became interesting concept art. wish some other make this concept to inspire this from fan.