• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

A question about Daz Studio Pro?

Kargan3033

Jan 2, 2020
I'm considering using Daz Studio Pro for the artwork in my rpgmaker game Lands Of Adventure but I need information about Daz Studio Pro.

1:Is Daz Studio Pro free to use and is not crippleware, meaning that the program is free to download and use but has functions that you have to pay for to use in Daz Studio Pro?

2:If I do use Daz Studio Pro how much HDD space does it take and is there any min system requerments to use this program?

3:Lastly how much free resources are there for this program and are there easy to understand youtube tutorial videos to lean how to use Daz Studio Pro to it's fullest?

Thanks in advance for your replies and sorry if this is not the proper sub forum for this post.

wallyburger

Dec 11, 2021
Most of your questions are answered on the daz3d website.
Daz3d is free to use and not crippleware.
HOWEVER you do need to buy many assets such as Characters and props or source them illegally
The program needs 1gb free space 2Gb RAM windows 10 or 11
BUT, to use it for any serious work you need way more of everything and the best Nvidia graphics card you can afford.
I actually use it on an old machine with an i5 32Gb RAM and a 1080 video card and my renders are s l o w.
I'm about to get a 3060 12Gb card which should help a lot. edit: Video RAM is very important, more=good
There are a huge amount of free resources asset wise of varying quality and many youtube tutorial videos.
Jay Versluis has a channel showing how to do stuff in Daz.

Hope that helps

Kargan3033

Jan 2, 2020
HOWEVER you do need to buy many assets such as Characters and props or source them illegally
BUT, to use it for any serious work you need way more of everything and the best Nvidia graphics card you can afford.
I actually use it on an old machine with an i5 32Gb RAM and a 1080 video card and my renders are s l o w.
I'm about to get a 3060 12Gb card which should help a lot. edit: Video RAM is very important, more=good
There are a huge amount of free resources asset wise of varying quality and many youtube tutorial videos.

Hope that helps
Thanks for the info, I have win 8.1 so that looks like a no go for me, good luck with your upgrade.

wallyburger

Dec 11, 2021
Thanks for the info, I have win 8.1 so that looks like a no go for me, good luck with your upgrade.
Daz may have just removed the windows 7 and 8 from the requirement list as Microsoft don't support them anymore.
I was using v4.12 on Windows 7 for a while.
Just download it and see what happens, if no go I'm sure you can get an older version from somewhere.

Kargan3033

Jan 2, 2020
Daz may have just removed the windows 7 and 8 from the requirement list as Microsoft don't support them anymore.
I was using v4.12 on Windows 7 for a while.
Just download it and see what happens, if no go I'm sure you can get an older version from somewhere.
Thanks I'll give it a go.

Rokohn

Jan 26, 2018

Hope that helps
Hi, thank you for all info.
Is this the channel you referred to?