A problem installing Honey Select

Sep 8, 2017
Having a problem w/ installation of Honey Select. Downloaded base game from links recommended by muttdoggy at start of Honey Select thread. Using Power ISO for mounting. What happens when I try to install: 1st, I mount disk 1 w/ Power ISO, then run setup. The installation wizard pops up, I run that. Then, part way through with disk 1, I get what looks like an error message (don't know that's what it is, can't read Japanese) that seems to want me to individually install hundreds, yes, HUNDREDS of individual files, one at a time. I've tried clicking the button marked with an (A), which I'm guessing means abort(?) and also tried clicking the (I) button, which I guess means install, HUNDREDS OF TIMES, with the same result: The wizard comes to an abrupt end, NEVER PROMPTING ME FOR DISK 2. I understand that disk 1 has to be unmounted b/f disk 2 can be mounted, but the install wizard never asks for disc 2. Has anybody else had this problem?

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
No I haven't. I wonder if there's a corrupt file during the download? Maybe re-download disk one if you can spare the bandwidth?

repuindy

Jun 11, 2017
Do you install it with the autorun? It never works for me. Try with .msi file.

petedragon

May 4, 2017
Having a problem w/ installation of Honey Select. Downloaded base game from links recommended by muttdoggy at start of Honey Select thread. Using Power ISO for mounting. What happens when I try to install: 1st, I mount disk 1 w/ Power ISO, then run setup. The installation wizard pops up, I run that. Then, part way through with disk 1, I get what looks like an error message (don't know that's what it is, can't read Japanese) that seems to want me to individually install hundreds, yes, HUNDREDS of individual files, one at a time. I've tried clicking the button marked with an (A), which I'm guessing means abort(?) and also tried clicking the (I) button, which I guess means install, HUNDREDS OF TIMES, with the same result: The wizard comes to an abrupt end, NEVER PROMPTING ME FOR DISK 2. I understand that disk 1 has to be unmounted b/f disk 2 can be mounted, but the install wizard never asks for disc 2. Has anybody else had this problem?
If you still have problems after redownloading try using daemon (the free version works fine). For that matter try using daemon first. Sometimes power iso , even pro doesnt always work.

magicct

May 7, 2017
if you found solution for your problem , post it. when another ppl have the same proble to fix it.

I fix my problem with install using a third-party software ( like daemon tools) and install direct from setup with admin privilegies.

Reactions: Uldork57 and King7