RPGM A Princess' Tale [Alpha Version 2] [Epic Works GH]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote
Feb 22, 2022
the dev didn't do anything wrong per se but it's too soon to expect people to seriously invest. The normal course of development is investing your own money to finish a proof of concept (beta) and then show that to get investors. With how many lazy devs there are milking their patreons as a way of income rather than as support for the actual production it makes sense that people are cautious.

That being said, judging from the screenshots the H scene looks very nice. The character art of Alvin and Corbin looks like its a completely different artstyle which feels weird but maybe you can make it work. I hope the criticism doesn't demotivate you and I'll look forward seeing the game's future

Kotario

Game Developer
May 4, 2018
the dev didn't do anything wrong per se but it's too soon to expect people to seriously invest. The normal course of development is investing your own money to finish a proof of concept (beta) and then show that to get investors. With how many lazy devs there are milking their patreons as a way of income rather than as support for the actual production it makes sense that people are cautious.

That being said, judging from the screenshots the H scene looks very nice. The character art of Alvin and Corbin looks like its a completely different artstyle which feels weird but maybe you can make it work. I hope the criticism doesn't demotivate you and I'll look forward seeing the game's future
Thanks Brother, I don't plan to give up any time soon. I've been at this for a while and have to expect the good and the bad.

Kotario

Game Developer
May 4, 2018
Sure, but how can we test the game if there is nothing to do? Just talk to the king, learn skill from 2 brothers and than the first miniquest from the guild...at that rate...will you post the next 20 or so Alpha versions too???
Had to see if there was any interest for it first. Like the other person said, since there was a decent reception for it, I'm definitely going to expand from here using my own funds as the source and any support I can get.

LEET

May 29, 2017
Funny faces like Greatest Real Estate Developer could help out with the side cast.
Screenshot_20221103-130911.jpg image-1.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Darkarhon

migurdia

Jun 29, 2021
Bit ambitious to throw that build with fuckall content and ask for money on patreon, no?
Probably 95% of the English games on this site are in some form of early access. Yes, there are a lot that have more content than this game, but a lot of them also started out as demo builds like this game. It's really not an uncommon occurrence.

Reactions: Kotario

Kotario

Game Developer
May 4, 2018
Will the next version have a scene when being defeated?
If not the next version, then definitely in subsequent releases. The goal is not to make this game something that is in development forever, but to make a completely self-contained story bit by bit.

Kotario

Game Developer
May 4, 2018
was the tentacle tag omitted on purpose because its just in the banner art and not in the game, or was that a mistake?
The scene from the banner art is yet to be implemented in the game. they are assets I commissioned ahead of time.

Kotario

Game Developer
May 4, 2018
I never said otherwise, but expecting people to pay for a basically non existent product is shitty behaviour.
You should up your critical thinking and reading comprehension. I'm not selling a finished product so I don't expect anyone to 'pay' for anything.

I'm developing a product, so I am asking those who are interested in its future to invest through crowdfunding, which is Patreon basically.

Reactions: Bedead
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote