VN - Unity - Completed - A Night in the Woods [1.0.2] [Vtuber Lewds]

1. 4.00 star(s)

Kushio05

Played the game without much of an expectation and was not disappointed. I like Selen but I'm not a huge fan so maybe that's why I'm not to put off with how she is not 1:1 Selen-like (which is a big ask) but I could imagine how that would be an issue for those who are a fan of her. It's a visual novel so not much to expect than to read. Can't really point out what's lacking but it feels like it's missing something even for a game this short.
  2. 3.00 star(s)

gdog

A short game, where you can have naughty time with someone's avatar off youtube. The secret ending is just a black screen with text.
    Tends to appear to visually lag during the sex scene.
    Has a longish leadup to the actual event.
    Only one "choice" the other choice is how long you want to go.
    The Minigame is the only other gameplay in this short story.
    average.
  3. 4.00 star(s)

.Sirene

Graphics / Artwork / Resolution
    Graphically it's a solid 8/10. It's a visual novel so there is nothing demanding happening here. As far as I am aware, there is even a close port on HTML, so you can get an idea of the demands from this.

The artwork is rather fresh & somewhat nice, and I'm pretty sure most, if not all was actually designed, developed and modified by an actual human being. So plus points there for not using overt AI methods to simply rush something out!

As for resolution options, there is your standard "most common" formats up to 1920x1080 but nothing higher, so for those of you with ultrawides, it's non-full screen for you!

Content / Gameplay
    This is where the game fell down for me. After about 5 minutes of clicking "Next" I was left wondering when, or if - something would happen. After all, it's a game first and foremost - and an adult one, second.

After almost 10 minutes of click, read, click, read, click, read and over the top "fanciful" dialogue, you encounter the first "numerous option" area. This is in the form of writing a letter to the sister of Selen. It didn't end well. Not for me at least.

After 4 times running through the humdrum dialogue and finally getting past the "letter" phase. Unity encountered a crash. So, I prompty gave up trying to continue any further - as this had already taken almost an entire hour of my time for literally no gain thus far.

Audio
    I don't play with audio, so I cannot judge here - and to do so would be unfair & dishonest of me.

Story Line & Pacing
    Well, what can I say. While it's no lie that there is plenty to read through and given it IS after all a "novel", this certainly makes you FEEL like it's a novel. With slow pacing and common trope themes, it's rather boring.

And I won't discredit the development team here, it's wonderful to see something that isn't just "here's a game, go fuck something lol" I must admit I did find myself getting bored and eventually hitting the skip button to hopefully do something other than just click and read the whole time.

Had the dialogue been cut back by about 20% or so, it would have been rather solid and, well, I felt it was weighted a little too much in the "fanciful" region.

Overall Thoughts
    It's not bad. It's not great - but firstly, it's not bad. And I mean that. If you're into VN's and you'd like something with a unique twist, go for it. But for me, it's just not there. Yet.

I feel if the dialogue was slightly toned down to make the flow of the game more "fluid" - then I could definitely get into it. As far as it goes right now, it's a solid 4 out of 5.

Worth a shot, but nothing to write home about.