VN Ren'Py A new dev and the concept for the first game

kengen

Sep 10, 2017
So, to start this rant with words that you veterans have heard before... This is going to be my first ever game!

About me:
Although i'm really a newbie when it comes to creating a VN (or a computer game) i've played different pen-and-paper roleplaying games for over 30 years, so i have at least basics of the knowledge of creating a story. One of the main reasons for me to start on this journey as a game dev, derives from my career change, changing it from nursing (indifferent fact in this game or post) to study computer sciences focused on game developing, i do have some experience in coding that i decided to as a hobby, luckily one the languages in Python, so i decided to use Ren'py. I'm also a gaming nerd, having played a tons of different ones, including many many games from the site (it's like a fanboy thing to even post here 'cause some of my "dev idols" might read this) and many non-lewd games. Part of learning to develop games is something that i can get credit for my studies, so i'm invested in this project.

I also have (had) zero experience using Daz3D for renders, have been learning from my mistakes and burning through tutorials at the moment and reading tips from the site. It's getting better, considering the fact that i'm no "artsy person"

About concept:
As a storyteller the story and the concept behind is what intriques me. Perhaps not an unique approach, i decided to place the game in dark fantasy world with some twists. There has to be some kind of MC for the story and i actually decided that my MC "dies" in prologue and his/hers corporeal body is gone, for the time being. The game will at the start follow the actions of MC's companions, with the MC communicating them from beyond corrupting them in the process.

Game will include some sorts on intresting stuff that i believe is ok to state here and not to be labeled as a sick pervert. I may forget to list the most obvious ones.
- Corruption
- Combat
- Non-consent sex
- Beastiality
- Keep maintenance
- Femdom/maledom/futadom

The reason why i actually post this so early in process is that what i've read you guys are really supportive and nice for us newbies and i bet that in some points i will ask tips (if i don't find the subjects through search) for the stuff that i'm going to implement in the story. I'll attach some renders to introduce the companions, but the lighting will most definite suck on those and are result of toying with Daz for like 3 weeks. And some of the models have already gone through some changes in their props (since some of them just looked bad for my eyes)

Tl:dr:
Just a newbie trying to fill his time and learning to do VN :)

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Choo-choo

Choo-choo

Aug 8, 2017
so how much femdom/futadom, will be it vanilla/hardcore?
Renders quality is good(keep realism(if that even possible) and normal sized "body parts")
Good Luck with development!

Reactions: kengen

kengen

Sep 10, 2017
so how much femdom/futadom, will be it vanilla/hardcore?
Renders quality is good(keep realism(if that even possible) and normal sized "body parts")
Good Luck with development!
A little of both. Some vanilla and some hardcore. 2 of the companions are female, 2 male and a futa and centaur and players are affecting them through the players choices, either corrupting them or not. So, from the start things will be more vanilla and possibly progressing as the story progresses. And the companions will interact with npc's and, depending on choices with each other.

And yeah, personal preference is to try keep some realism as i'm not a huge fan of gigantic body parts :)

kengen

Sep 10, 2017
Some of the training renders, still not happy them, somehow they look wrong... :( But still somewhat satisfied considering 3 weeks of training for Daz :)