RPGM A Lost Island? [v0.2] [DOKai Studios]

4.00 star(s) 7 Votes

DOKai Studios

Oct 1, 2021
issue often with an "NTR Route" is that it takes from development time of fleshing out more preferred routes that most people like playing.

IMHO, if you have a lot of ground support, it's best to make an NTR style game to quell that fanbase. Vanilla Harem is technically not a term, but is what the overwhelming majority of people prefer.
Well, due to the comments received lately expressing dissatisfaction with this type of content, I will probably do something similar to what you are talking about, thanks for the advice.

DOKai Studios

Oct 1, 2021
Any chance of adding beast content?
If in the future there may be public support for that type of content, when the number of followers on Patreon increases considerably, I will launch a survey to find out what type of genre they would like to see in the long term.

Leumas9969

Jun 13, 2019
El juego se bloquea, así, sin más. La primera vez, fue en la isla, cuando la madre se esta bañando. Al no tener partida guardada, tuve que empezar de nuevo. Y aquí me tienes, en el barco en llamas, y sin poder moverme, ni hacer nada. Le dare otra oportunidad cuando hayas solventado estos pequeños problemas.

The game crashes, just like that. The first time, it was on the island, when the mother is taking a bath. Having no saved game, I had to start over. And here I am, on the burning ship, unable to move or do anything. I'll give it another chance when you've ironed out these little issues.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I have experienced similar issues with a couple of other RPGM games. Random freezing usually, sometimes when entering new room. It may be a game engine bug, or bug in the games, I can't say.
My solution is to save when not in a dialog conversation / frequently.

xeivous

Mar 16, 2018
Very lean content thus far, but I like the setup. Also the equality in both characters suffering from clothing damage and wardrobe malfunctions is oddly pleasing. If both mother and son continued to share in any experiences like that equally, I'd be quite pleased personally. Though it'd probably have to be optional for both characters for most peoples' tastes depending on which of the potential future genres are actually delved into. Which could complicate writing/coding because you'd have to track who did what, though exclusive event routes could simply the problem.

Reactions: Scrination

Leo D. Marstone

Nov 2, 2017
Why is it that when a pretty new dev comes around with unique art and want to add NTR that the whole thread is bashed to the grounds by the Anti-NTR police.
Where are my NTR bros? xD

It would have fit in the narrative if the mom would get banged by island natives if the player decides to let it happen. Just sayin.. :HideThePain:

I get Obidil flashbacks from CatKaproon reading through the thread.

Jokes aside, DOKai Studios I can only say you should start developing the game without any kind of opinion from the public on what fetish to include. You as a dev should feel comfortable in what you create. The fans/community will build itself around it automatically.

Only as an example but if your vision would have included NTR, in any shape or form (or any other niche fetish), than include it and dont let the people here dictate you on what to do.

Doing so right at the beginning of your development will only spell doom for the project.

Anyway, I wish you all the best with the game.

Last edited:

DOKai Studios

Oct 1, 2021
Why is it that when a pretty new dev comes around with unique art and want to add NTR that the whole thread is bashed to the grounds by the Anti-NTR police.
Where are my NTR bros? xD

It would have fit in the narrative if the mom would get banged by island natives if the player decides to let it happen. Just sayin..

I get Obidil flashbacks from CatKaproon reading through the thread.

Jokes aside, DOKai Studios I can only say you should start developing the game without any kind of opinion from the public on what fetish to include. You as a dev should feel comfortable in what you create. The fans/community will build itself around it automatically.

Only as an example but if your vision would have included NTR, in any shape or form (or any other niche fetish), than include it and dont let the people here dictate you on what to do.

Doing so right at the beginning of your development will only spell doom for the project.
I understand what you're saying, the truth is I didn't have any experience putting together this type of project, and I didn't expect this to happen in the comment thread.
It was a mistake on my part to think that the majority would like it, and I understand that you don't like it and I sincerely apologize for offending you, probably in the future of the game I will continue working with the events I had planned, but I would like the public to give me ideas, ideas that I will surely present on Patreon or Twitter with polls.
Thank you very much for the advice, and from what I understood you said, Obidil had a similar problem, it's a real shame, it was one of my favorites of this content, and one of the first ones I played, it was on the path to being one of the greatest RPG games from this community.
Thank you very much, I hope you continue enjoying my game, and trust that I will improve step by step with the content, thank you

Reactions: Leo D. Marstone

erw255

Jan 27, 2020
As I said, and I clarified on the home page of the game, I do not take the NTR into account unless it has good support, given the public's rejection of this type of content, I do not think I will add it to the game, everything It will depend on the public's reaction as the project progresses, but at the moment this type of content is not included in my plans, thank you for understanding
NTR lovers are noisy and persistent. They seem to want EVERY GAME EVER to have NTR. I'm honestly convinced that it's coming from a place of self-hatred.

That aside, what would be involved in releasing a version for macOS?

Leo D. Marstone

Nov 2, 2017
It was a mistake on my part to think that the majority would like it, and I understand that you don't like it and I sincerely apologize for offending you
Nah, all cool. You were far from it.
Actually I would have been all for NTR. Maybe not as the primary focus but as a route you can enter if you wish to do so.
As I said having a possible scenario like I described would have been pretty hot.
For me personally games nowadays need to have "something". Only vanilla stuff has grown outright boring ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

But that is only a me thing. In your planned genres I see pregnant content. That is at least one thing that has me interested.
Hope it is a gameplay feature down the road and not only a 2 slide epilogue.

Obidil had a similar problem, it's a real shame, it was one of my favorites of this content
Obidil was a astronomical shame. Never before seen artstyle and the premise was interesting as well. Basically you had 3 Love interests and you needed to decide who to focus on and possibly save and the other ones will get NTR content.

The community took on themselves to post page for page how NTR content is the most detestable thing on earth and being CatKaproon pretty new like yourself, has utterly crushed under the pressure. First they decided to lessen or outright remove the content to please the "overall public" and then the artist jumped the train as well because he was harassed as well iirc.

The people never gave it a chance. Those who just dont like NTR could have left the thread but no they needed to comment on it and comment...and comment and comment.

Anyway whatever you decide to do, I hope you have fun with it and I will leave it at that. I will for sure play the game once some content has been accumulated.

Godspeed DOKai Studios

I'm getting to the point where I'm contemplating going into the forums of NTR games and saying, "You know, this game would be great if you removed the NTR," and see how they like it.
Unfortunately that happened with the above mentioned game.
Wasn't fair as well right?

erw255

Jan 27, 2020
Unfortunately that happened with the above mentioned game.
Wasn't fair as well right?
What above mentioned game?

Oh. that. Well, it's at least as fair as the NTR lovers going into every non-NTR game trying to pressure the dev into adding NTR. I don't even go into the threads for games that already have NTR content, but the more the NTR lovers want to push their garbage on people who don't want it, the more tempted I am to go into their games and pressure the dev to remove it.

Seriously, not everything needs your fetish. let us have things without it.

Last edited:

simon43789

Jan 12, 2023
I think for a game in such early development it's most important to add what ever YOU think fits best.
IMO, adding a "bad end" type NTR route could fit well, NTR is something that will always be loved or hated, no matter the project, so just add whatever you think fits best :)
You do know that it is a desert island, right? It would be better if it didn't have an ntr because it would be very strange for them to put you on a desert island or for there to be a tribe that only gets fucked because if I mean, I feel like it would be unrealistic, there wouldn't be an ntr left for this game.

Reactions: aze123451

simon43789

Jan 12, 2023
I think for a game in such early development it's most important to add what ever YOU think fits best.
IMO, adding a "bad end" type NTR route could fit well, NTR is something that will always be loved or hated, no matter the project, so just add whatever you think fits best :)
And as for the bad ending, it could be the death of the protagonist instead of him ending up fucking his mom.

Reactions: aze123451

Leo D. Marstone

Nov 2, 2017
What above mentioned game?

Oh. that. Well, it's at least as fair as the NTR lovers going into every non-NTR game trying to pressure the dev into adding NTR. I don't even go into the threads for games that already have NTR content, but the more the NTR lovers want to push their garbage on people who don't want it, the more tempted I am to go into their games and pressure the dev to remove it.

Seriously, not everything needs your fetish. let us have things without it.
You seem to forget that this game here has been introduced with NTR as a planned fetish iirc....so in a sense it has happened here. Only the other way around.
The NTR guys were even here because of that in the first place.

But yes I do agree with your original statement. Not every game need every fetish.
Lets end the discussion about it now.

Reactions: erw255
4.00 star(s) 7 Votes