VN Unity A Long Journey - Marvellous Lunatic [Development Thread] [Released]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

gam2000

Apr 12, 2021
I found Salene and we've been to the classroom and the gym, but the task doesn't update with the check mark.

Marvellous Lunatic

Game Developer
Mar 22, 2018
I found Salene and we've been to the classroom and the gym, but the task doesn't update with the check mark.
The task will be completed after the whole story of episode 2. Not a good design decision, I realize that. I will change that behavior for future updates and mark the task completed once the new episode starts. Thanks for pointing it out!

By the way, this is the old deprecated development thread. It would be better to use the up-to-date game thread.
Link to release thread

I just noticed I have the link to the wrong thread in my signature. My bad, I updated it.

xsmithveronax

Jul 24, 2017
This game looks amazing.
Do you create the assets and models yourself? They are very impressive and unique.

I want to start making a Unity game as well but I am a developer and have zero knowledge in 3D modelling. So I am having difficulties to find good assets to use.

Marvellous Lunatic

Game Developer
Mar 22, 2018
This game looks amazing.
Do you create the assets and models yourself? They are very impressive and unique.

I want to start making a Unity game as well but I am a developer and have zero knowledge in 3D modelling. So I am having difficulties to find good assets to use.
Thanks. Many are completely created by myself or kit-bashed.
If you don't know much about modeling and don't want to deep-dive into learning 3d modeling, but still want to have unique environments I advise you too use modular environments or kit-bash bundles(Creating environments of smaller assets). The DAZ-Store itself has some good asset-packs and artists who provide such. For example:

(Not a complete list)

The unity asset store and unreal marketplace should have modular environments too as well as kit-bash bundles.

Artstation, Gumroad and other sides will have HQ amazing kit-bash bundles. For example:

But be aware they're most-likely not suitable for realtime-environments, depending what kind of Unity-Game you want to do.

There should be plenty of resources for good kit-bash bundles and probably a lot of youtube tutorials on how to use them with any 3d software.

I had the idea to place my models and environments in stores too, but I lack the time to polish and fix them to be qualified for actually publishing.

I hope this gave you some ideas where to start.

sb10l

Apr 9, 2020
As a player - nice game, except for the mini games.
Especially the dj console, it is a PITA.
Might be wise to drop the mini games.
Lose of players, because they can not figure them out.

Marvellous Lunatic

Game Developer
Mar 22, 2018
it it possible to get this black hole loop as a mp4 or from somewhere else? i would love to have that as my animated background.... please??
There you go.

By the way, this is the old deprecated development thread. It would be better to use the up-to-date game thread in the future.

Please use this thread: UPDATED GAME THREAD (A Long Journey)

• Red Heart
Reactions: DiXoN_86
5.00 star(s) 2 Votes