Besharia

May 6, 2018
Does 0.3.1 require a new game? I'm trying to load my old save after updating I have one saved in the hallway and another during a conversation and both fail with a Ren'Py crash listed below.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 479, in __call__
    renpy.load(fn)
AttributeError: 'StoreModule' object has no attribute 'Event'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in script
    $ ui.interact()
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 1138, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 1122, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in <module>
    $ ui.interact()
  File "renpy/ui.py", line 299, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3582, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, pause_modal=pause_modal, **kwargs) # type: ignore
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 4543, in interact_core
    rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
  File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 1179, in event
    rv = i.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, cst)
  File "renpy/display/transition.py", line 53, in event
    return self.new_widget.event(ev, x, y, st) # E1101
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 770, in event
    rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 1403, in event
    rv = super(Window, self).event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 281, in event
    rv = d.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, st)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 1142, in event
    return handle_click(self.clicked)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 1075, in handle_click
    rv = run(action)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 372, in run
    new_rv = run(i, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 379, in run
    return action(*args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 479, in __call__
    renpy.load(fn)
  File "renpy/loadsave.py", line 815, in load
    roots, log = loads(log_data)
  File "renpy/compat/pickle.py", line 45, in loads
    return cPickle.loads(s)
AttributeError: 'StoreModule' object has no attribute 'Event'

Windows-10-10.0.19041 AMD64
Ren'Py 7.6.3.23091805
A Home In The Desert 0.3.1
Mon May 13 20:09:48 2024

Besharia

May 6, 2018
The attic portion of the game is broken. I move all around the house, interact with everything I can, get the ladder, I climb up into the attic and interact with all the objects I see up there. However when I click on the small box the dialog plays as normal however I don't have this letter she is talking about only the photo is placed in my inventory. And if I try to leave the attic she tells me she's not done up there. I can't advance time, I can't nap or sleep when downstairs (before being trapped in attic), and I have spam clicked the small box for 10 minutes I get no letter. All I see is a "Quest Updated: Buy school supplies and uniform" however there is no quest update in the log I still have the "Help the girls find jobs" quest.

Misarmor

Large member
Game Developer
Feb 1, 2023
The attic portion of the game is broken. I move all around the house, interact with everything I can, get the ladder, I climb up into the attic and interact with all the objects I see up there. However when I click on the small box the dialog plays as normal however I don't have this letter she is talking about only the photo is placed in my inventory. And if I try to leave the attic she tells me she's not done up there. I can't advance time, I can't nap or sleep when downstairs (before being trapped in attic), and I have spam clicked the small box for 10 minutes I get no letter. All I see is a "Quest Updated: Buy school supplies and uniform" however there is no quest update in the log I still have the "Help the girls find jobs" quest.
It's not broken, the letter is not supposed to go in your inventory, it's still in the box

Misarmor

Large member
Game Developer
Feb 1, 2023
This game seems very cool. Is it abandoned? It would be cool if this game ended up being closer to The Sims than visual novel
It's definitely not abandonned, in fact since we've gotten closer to release I've been working from morning to night on the game to try to meet the deadline.
Something more management-ey like The Sims is definitely something I've been going for on 0.2 and 0.3, but comments from players lead me to believe that I prioritized mechanics over content and character/story developpement a bit too much, so I will correct course a bit in 0.4.
I'm also going to change the way I design mechanics a little bit by incorporating sex/horny content more into them.
As an example, you'll get to see a small expansion on the cooking mechanic. It's not going to be as impactful as I originally planned (I won't have time to make it exactly like I want it to be), but you'll notice where I'm going I think.

On an other note, 0.4 is obviously not going to come out in May. Since we're nearing the end, and I've released quite a few alpha builds to the beta testers already, I can safely say 0.4 is planned to come out during the first half of June. That's something I would have talked about in tomorrow's progress report, but since we're here...

DinksterRinger

Mar 18, 2019
It's definitely not abandonned, in fact since we've gotten closer to release I've been working from morning to night on the game to try to meet the deadline.
Something more management-ey like The Sims is definitely something I've been going for on 0.2 and 0.3, but comments from players lead me to believe that I prioritized mechanics over content and character/story developpement a bit too much, so I will correct course a bit in 0.4.
I'm also going to change the way I design mechanics a little bit by incorporating sex/horny content more into them.
As an example, you'll get to see a small expansion on the cooking mechanic. It's not going to be as impactful as I originally planned (I won't have time to make it exactly like I want it to be), but you'll notice where I'm going I think.

On an other note, 0.4 is obviously not going to come out in May. Since we're nearing the end, and I've released quite a few alpha builds to the beta testers already, I can safely say 0.4 is planned to come out during the first half of June. That's something I would have talked about in tomorrow's progress report, but since we're here...
I believe the foundations of the management system should exist before sexual content is implemented. In real life you can't have sex until your safe, and you have to survive up to actually having sex. I get more immersed due to the management functions and that makes my arousal greater which provides a better experience.

I love maximum realism in games

I hope at the least, the final management systems dont get reduced just added later into the development

Last edited:
Reactions: jamonserrano

Misarmor

Large member
Game Developer
Feb 1, 2023
I believe the foundations of the management system should exist before sexual content is implemented.
Well yes, but even from a developpement standpoint, since content was supposed to be built upon the management systems, those had to be implemented first anyway.

I hope at the least, the final management systems dont get reduced just added later into the development
No, it's still a management game no matter what. I like the idea of skills, passives, meters, bars... The key factor is to make it enjoyable to the players, and not a chore.

3.00 star(s) 34 Votes