A Game for Everyone...

Doorknob22

Super Moderator
Game Developer
Nov 3, 2017
1. When creating anything of value, the goal, the lighthouse, the creative conscience should be what you want to make. What story you want to tell. What fetishes turn you on. For very minor dilemmas you may consult with others but your journey needs to start from within.
2. No offence, but I'll be extremely surprised if a 19 years old chap, talented as you may be, will be able to produce a good game about sex.

Last edited:

G60LADDER

Apr 17, 2020
I know this has been said but just wanted to reiterate it - you won't be able to please everyone with a single game. If a game has a whiff of something like NTR, there are people who won't even open up the game thread. Some people stay away from HS or Daz3D because they don't like the aesthetic and only okay text or real model games.

Hell, IRL, I have an award winning documentary on anti-bullying. Fairly uncontroversial topic that you'd think most people would get behind. But nope, after it aired on a national television channel, there were definitely people who took offense to it.

At the end of the day, you can make a game that caters to the majority of your potential audience but as soon as you throw in a controversial topic or link, you'll lose a portion of it - even if they're completely avoidable. Just the way of the world. Aiming to be a jack of all trades, master if none will likely just create something that tends not to satisfy most people. Better to make a game about something you like, or at least something a portion of the audience likes, and go from there. Greater chance of success and of you not likely wanting to give up because no one is having as much fun as you'd like.

Pretentious Goblin

Conversation Conqueror
Nov 3, 2017
I'm sure it's been said a bunch of times, but terrible idea, for various reasons. The lack of design focus, the volume of work involved, the inevitable mishandling of fetishes you're not personally into... I know a few games that cater to many different flavors. CoC, TiTS, Lilith's Throne. As someone who is into some of these flavors, you know what my experience is? I have to wade through tons of demonic furry dickgirl content before I get to see anything I'm actually interested in.

eosar

Aug 11, 2016
This is a time of cynics. Ignore them, dear innocent dev! Bravely brave the fucked-up horrors that are game development and evolve by overcoming them bravely! I believe in your ambition at this time! Complete the game regardless of naysayers! It can be done!

In my lifetime, i've learned that just because i can't do it doesn't mean no one else can't do it either. Trying only costs time otherwise spent fapping.

ossi06

Nov 15, 2017
Hi shenazqt!
I think, you should find a story that you find extraordinary. Then choose your own style and a goal of art. At least you find satisfaction making this creation. Even if you find only one supporter than you have done great. If you want to make money then think of 'Even the longest journey starts with one step!' Fall in love with your mc, or an advicer of him(her) and make them great, even if in a drama with bad ending. And be proud on your child. AND DON'T CARE ABOUT HATERS!! They're everywere and the best what to say about them, you get their attention. And that's the only value they have. Make your steps and be proud of 'making it my way' and when you fail (I do not fear so in your case) , stand up, the next step is awaiting you. 2D is as good, maybe as better than 3D, after the inflation with ever the same DAZ-charakters that be exchangeable over so much games. Good luck, stay healthy and kind regards. Ossi06
PS: I stay looking forward watching your progress and succes.

• Angry
Reactions: JustAnotherHuman7

Staimh

Dec 12, 2020
As with any work of fiction (or art)
Whatever your longer term intention
Start with a framework
Initially complete whatever path/route/area is the easiest for you
> This ought to be whatever you have experienced or would like to experience
Find out how long it takes to do that well
Then start fleshing out any alternative paths/routes/areas

Wishing you all the best

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
Start with a framework

Wishing you all the best
Get out of this thread you are too good for this sad shit show...

Lerd0

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
Start with a framework

Wishing you all the best
Get out of this thread you are too good for this sad shit show...
tenor.gif

• Red Heart
  • Love
Reactions: Staimh and Uthuriel