• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN Ren'Py A Foreign World [Ep. 4.5] [HighbornTiger]

4.30 star(s) 49 Votes

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
I think there is a big difference between, a foreign world and grandma's house for example. The slow burn makes you more open to the girls in a harem way. In grandma's house it's terrible he just fucks everyone and they are happy for it too. But this one makes you like the girls.
true that, or take WVM as another example, it's insane how bad it is. Can't remember 90% of the girls there or who they are and what they do, I just don't care about them in any meaningful way. Meanwhile in this one, while a slow burn, you build connection with thew girls, get to know them over time, so you are as a player are more engaged. I much prefer this kinda harem to those others.

HighbornTiger

Sizable Pianissimo M*C^2
Game Developer
Sep 7, 2018
The reason I asked for people to keep an open mind and not disregard A Foreign Word is because even I don‘t like harem games. Or to be more accurate… I’m often frustrated when reading these types of stories up to the point where I just assume that they are going to be bad right from the beginning. I would take it as an insult if someone described A Foreign World as just another harem game.

When I say people shouldn't write A Foreign World off, I mean that it's not written like your usual harem game where LIs just accidentally fall on MC's dick. I try my hardest to write a story people can fall in love with. And I try to write a harem story that even people who are frustrated with the genre can enjoy. That's why I said you should give it a try even if you are skeptical.
People who don't have the slightest interest will not listen to me, and the rest might just change their minds.

ciberma7865

Jan 13, 2020
The reason I asked for people to keep an open mind and not disregard A Foreign Word is because even I don‘t like harem games. Or to be more accurate… I’m often frustrated when reading these types of stories up to the point where I just assume that they are going to be bad right from the beginning. I would take it as an insult if someone described A Foreign World as just another harem game.

When I say people shouldn't write A Foreign World off, I mean that it's not written like your usual harem game where LIs just accidentally fall on MC's dick. I try my hardest to write a story people can fall in love with. And I try to write a harem story that even people who are frustrated with the genre can enjoy. That's why I said you should give it a try even if you are skeptical.
People who don't have the slightest interest will not listen to me, and the rest might just change their minds.
True Mc feel like he is a good guy when in most of the harem games mc is a nice guy who has a HUGE white knight syndrome with some predation on top of it

Reactions: OptimusCrime

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021

I don't think anyone who actually played this game would think this is a magic dick kinda AVN. Far from it.

Sin_Mechero

Mar 27, 2022

I think you are discussing 2 different things. Games like wmw or Grandma's House, in my opinion are only played by people looking to jerk off to the game, and only using the replay gallery or skip with the control key. You can't compare it to a game with a story.
Normally people who don't like Harem is because they like to find the Li they like the most and stay with it, being slow burn won't make them want to go for all of them at once, or that's my case.
For example, one problem I see is that if you reject Sue, she becomes an annoying character because you have to reject her every time, or endure Fiona coming back and not being able to tell her that she missed her chance by leaving.

Reactions: ename144

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
I think you are discussing 2 different things. Games like wmw or Grandma's House, in my opinion are only played by people looking to jerk off to the game, and only using the replay gallery or skip with the control key. You can't compare it to a game with a story.
honestly I play a lot of AVNs... and never once had the urge to fap to those games (especially wvm, ew, fucking duckface city). I was just kinda bored and went through the new updates to see what's up. Never did anything for me.

Sin_Mechero

Mar 27, 2022
honestly I play a lot of AVNs... and never once had the urge to fap to those games (especially wvm, ew, fucking duckface city). I was just kinda bored and went through the new updates to see what's up. Never did anything for me.
Well, change all people for most people, I don't feel the need either, but you know that many people "play" with one hand on the mouse and the other on their dick.Are games that are aimed at a different type of player.
What I was getting at is that because it's a harem where the girls gradually fall in love with the mc, that won't make people who like to play monogamy like the game.

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
I don't think anyone who actually played this game would think this is a magic dick kinda AVN. Far from it.
Well... He is magical and he does have a dick... Jus' Sayin':cool: Hehe... Come to think of it... The refugee girls need to have sex with him or they will likely all die. Well... Actually, they need to have sex with him or the world may end.

Ummm... This isn't exactly the response the dev was lookin' for, huh. Seriously, Highborn Tiger, this isn't what it sounds like... It's not gratuitous sex with women he barely knows. Well, he does barely know them... Dammit! I mean it's not like they just fall in love and want his dick right away... Well, I mean... Other than the one chick whose superpower depends on having sex...

Ok, seriously, I'm just havin' some fun. It's a great story and it is definitely NOT typical; regardless of the genre. Anyone who doesn't give it a try is just missin' out.

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
Well... He is magical and he does have a dick... Jus' Sayin':cool: Hehe... Come to think of it... The refugee girls need to have sex with him or they will likely all die. Well... Actually, they need to have sex with him or the world may end.

Ummm... This isn't exactly the response the dev was lookin' for, huh. Seriously, Highborn Tiger, this isn't what it sounds like... It's not gratuitous sex with women he barely knows. Well, he does barely know them... Dammit! I mean it's not like they just fall in love and want his dick right away... Well, I mean... Other than the one chick whose superpower depends on having sex...

Ok, seriously, I'm just havin' some fun. It's a great story and it is definitely NOT typical; regardless of the genre. Anyone who doesn't give it a try is just missin' out.
somewhat true, he is not a regular due, but you know what I mean by magic dick, the MC here doesn't have that :)

Reactions: motseer

Bohler

Jan 13, 2024
True Mc feel like he is a good guy when in most of the harem games mc is a nice guy who has a HUGE white knight syndrome with some predation on top of it
You mean mc is a nice guy who has a HUGE (white) 'DICK' syndrome. At least that's what I see when I watched grandma's house and other 13 in a dozen harem games...

ThaDude1977

Jul 5, 2022
In a Harem story there is 2 major tropes 1. The MC has a Horse dick and all the women want it. 2. The lesbian/Bi trope where girls are willing to join if they can have sex with the other girls also. I for one prefer a third option and where The girls and MC get to know each other and fall in love and then the girls become like sisters to each other and willing to share the man they love. To me that sounds more believable than the first two. Now don't get me wrong the first trope is not to bad and prefered over the second trope i mentioned because i put my self into the story and who don't want a dick that every woman wants? Also i just don't care for lesbian/Bi content. And some times Devs put lesbian/Bi content in just because it's Hawt :rolleyes: and mix the first 2 tropes together.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: lordfridge9

Bohler

Jan 13, 2024
In a Harem story there is 2 major tropes 1. The MC has a Horse dick and all the women want it. 2. The lesbian/Bi trope where girls are willing to join if they can have sex with the other girls also. I for one prefer a third option and where The girls and MC get to know each other and fall in love and then the girls become like sisters to each other and willing to share the man they love. To me that sounds more believable than the first two. Now don't get me wrong the first trope is not to bad and prefered over the second trope i mentioned because i put my self into the story and who don't want a dick that every woman wants? Also i just don't care for lesbian/Bi content. And some times Devs put lesbian/Bi content in just because it's Hawt :rolleyes: and mix the first 2 tropes together.
I just think in a love story, sharing would mean that they would love each other too, so lesbian/bi contents too. (See the game Triangle by Neverlucky, that builds up, and the all love each other) I think the idea of 1 man sleeping with another woman every night of the week is a bit egoistic (just look at Grandma's House, terrible). If you look it from the other side, you got a woman who sleeps with a different man every night of the week, I would feel sick to the bone being one of those men. Wouldn't a woman not feel sick knowing that her man is sleeping with other woman (not sure if there are any woman here on the forum that could answer such a question)? So only in a story where woman would love each other too, would there be an equilibrium.

Of course in all 3 cases, having a big dick is nice too, not sure if every woman wants a horse dick up her ass, but everyone his kink.

Of course this game is different because the woman have been raised their whole live to be subservient to man. Still I hope there would at least be a little bit sharing, like MC is sleeping with one, and another notices and joins in. Having MC fuck one, that screams orgasm and all the other girls not even noticing or ignoring it, is I think a bit unrealistic...

Edit: Thank god or better the dev, in the future it planned at least some kind of lesbian/group interaction. I leave it open if lesbian is separate or when MC is there.

Last edited:

ThaDude1977

Jul 5, 2022
I just think in a love story, sharing would mean that they would love each other too, so lesbian/bi contents too. (See the game Triangle by Neverlucky, that builds up, and the all love each other) I think the idea of 1 man sleeping with another woman every night of the week is a bit egoistic (just look at Grandma's House, terrible). If you look it from the other side, you got a woman who sleeps with a different man every night of the week, I would feel sick to the bone being one of those men. Wouldn't a woman not feel sick knowing that her man is sleeping with other woman (not sure if there are any woman here on the forum that could answer such a question)? So only in a story where woman would love each other too, would there be an equilibrium.

Of course in all 3 cases, having a big dick is nice too, not sure if every woman wants a horse dick up her ass, but everyone his kink.

Of course this game is different because the woman have been raised their whole live to be subservient to man. Still I hope there would at least be a little bit sharing, like MC is sleeping with one, and another notices and joins in. Having MC fuck one, that screams orgasm and all the other girls not even noticing or ignoring it, is I think a bit unrealistic...

Edit: Thank god or better the dev, in the future it planned at least some kind of lesbian/group interaction. I leave it open if lesbian is separate or when MC is there.
But in that senario it wouldn't be a harem it would be a poly relationship. When talking about Harem stories we are thinking of a male fantasy and yes maybe it is ecoistic for one man to sleep with multiple women and the women only sleep with the male but that's what a Harem story is. I mean it's fine to have lesbian play because you think it's hot but it still is not a harem. specially if there is feelings involved when they have lesbian sex.

Last edited:

Bohler

Jan 13, 2024
But in that senario it wouldn't be a harem it would be a poly relationship. When talking about Harem stories we are thinking of a male fantasy and yes maybe it is egoistic for one man to sleep with multiple women and the women only sleep with the male but that's what a Harem story is. I mean it's fine to have lesbian play because you think it's hot but it still is not a harem. specially if there is feelings involved when they have lesbian sex.
You are right, but poly is a little bit more, it means that the wife has a relationship with another guy for example. You still don't have to sleep together. So MC would sit at home, while one of his wifes is dating and fucking another guy. No thanks, not really my thing...

Difficult story, I just want no NTR, and a big orgy, like Genesis Order/Treasure of Nadia but then with a build up love story, like Triangle, or maybe a Foreign World (it does look a lot like that).

ThaDude1977

Jul 5, 2022
You are right, but poly is a little bit more, it means that the wife has a relationship with another guy for example. You still don't have to sleep together. So MC would sit at home, while one of his wifes is dating and fucking another guy. No thanks, not really my thing...

Difficult story, I just want no NTR, and a big orgy, like Genesis Order/Treasure of Nadia but then with a build up love story, like Triangle, or maybe a Foreign World (it does look a lot like that).
I liked Treasure of Nadia and haven't played Genesis yet they just don't have romance like i like. But ToN was fun to play. Until the big orgy at the end lol Like i said i don't like lesbian content but for most part it was good.

Bohler

Jan 13, 2024
I liked Treasure of Nadia and haven't played Genesis yet they just don't have romance like i like. But ToN was fun to play. Until the big orgy at the end lol Like i said i don't like lesbian content but for most part it was good.
Yep I like playing both, or lets say all 3. But yeh, almost no build up or love story, just some strong love potion doing it's work.

ThaDude1977

Jul 5, 2022
Yep I like playing both, or lets say all 3. But yeh, almost no build up or love story, just some strong love potion doing it's work.
Yeah what got me into VN games was Lust epidemic or how ever you spell it lol. good game but no romance and i'm big on Romance stories.

Bohler

Jan 13, 2024
Yeah what got me into VN games was Lust epidemic or how ever you spell it lol. good game but no romance and i'm big on Romance stories.
A Foreign World is a VN type of game, Genesis Order is not a VN, but more a puzzle/grind type of game. What got me to like such adult games was 'The Artifact' (Part One... Two .. and Three), you can find them on this forum. It's a finished story, if you like Lust epidemic you should try that one.

4.30 star(s) 49 Votes