• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN Ren'Py A Foreign World [Ep. 4.5] [HighbornTiger]

4.30 star(s) 49 Votes

Vinccool96

Apr 28, 2018
I'm not taking a study break. But reading the comments on my last dev update, I probably phrased things quite poorly. All my work was created during my time at university, and there have always been weeks when I focused on game development and weeks when I focused on not failing my courses.

Usually, I say that an update takes me anything between one and three months. I apologize for the delay. I know it has been longer than three months. On the one hand, it's a big update (so I couldn't finish it back in January before the exam phase), and on the other hand, I had some busy weeks even after my latest exams. Holidays are coming up soon, and I expect to get a lot of work done then.
Don't worry buddy. As long as we get something good, it doesn't matter how much time it takes.

jI11jaCksjAkk

Jun 26, 2023
I'm not taking a study break. But reading the comments on my last dev update, I probably phrased things quite poorly. All my work was created during my time at university, and there have always been weeks when I focused on game development and weeks when I focused on not failing my courses.

Usually, I say that an update takes me anything between one and three months. I apologize for the delay. I know it has been longer than three months. On the one hand, it's a big update (so I couldn't finish it back in January before the exam phase), and on the other hand, I had some busy weeks even after my latest exams. Holidays are coming up soon, and I expect to get a lot of work done then.
School should always be the top priority until you finish - I was just busting balls because I like this story and am always hoping for more. :love:

Knight_of_the_lance

Feb 23, 2020
Ok I have something to say about this:
1715205834032.png
That is the wrong kind of hammer to do pavement. What he should use is a rubber mallet. With a carpenter's hammer he is going to chip or break all the slabs he is going to try and put in their place with this. Otherwise this series of renders are still cool.

HighbornTiger

Sizable Pianissimo M*C^2
Game Developer
Sep 7, 2018
Ok I have something to say about this:
View attachment 3616756
That is the wrong kind of hammer to do pavement. What he should use is a rubber mallet. With a carpenter's hammer he is going to chip or break all the slabs he is going to try and put in their place with this. Otherwise this series of renders are still cool.
I know… the author must be such an idiot

but seriously. I made the render and didn‘t think that it could seriously bug people. I should probably change it. Innitially I used this kind of hammer because I didn‘t have a good rubber hammer asset (even though I knew you should use a rubber hammer)

back then I didn‘t put much effort into finding a good solution, because it‘s just one render, and of course, because you are wrong good sir. You can use a carpenter hammer to knock the stones in place. I know it because I saw my dad do it. He did a work around and placed a piece of wood between the hammer and the stone, that way the stone wouldn‘t be damaged.

But i know there is no piece of wood in the render, so it‘s still wrong and I should fix it. It will be changed in the next update :D

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
I know… the author must be such an idiot

but seriously. I made the render and didn‘t think that it could seriously bug people. I should probably change it. Innitially I used this kind of hammer because I didn‘t have a good rubber hammer asset (even though I knew you should use a rubber hammer)

back then I didn‘t put much effort into finding a good solution, because it‘s just one render, and of course, because you are wrong good sir. You can use a carpenter hammer to knock the stones in place. I know it because I saw my dad do it. He did a work around and placed a piece of wood between the hammer and the stone, that way the stone wouldn‘t be damaged.

But i know there is no piece of wood in the render, so it‘s still wrong and I should fix it. It will be changed in the next update :D
Honestly if that's not a piece of wood I'm confused, cause I almost chimed in when they objected and said you could just use that piece of wood to accomplish the same thing.

e6mill

Aug 4, 2022
Honestly if that's not a piece of wood I'm confused, cause I almost chimed in when they objected and said you could just use that piece of wood to accomplish the same thing.
I too saw that and reckoned that was what it was for. It doesn't appear to be quite big enough or in the right place to be a wheel chock...

Reactions: TigerWolfe

HighbornTiger

Sizable Pianissimo M*C^2
Game Developer
Sep 7, 2018
I'm going to load up the scene and check, but I think it's a spirit level (Wasserwaage, I don't know if that's the right English word). It's supposed to be made of metal, and in this case, I would also use it to roughly straighten the gravel.

Reactions: Knight_of_the_lance

HighbornTiger

Sizable Pianissimo M*C^2
Game Developer
Sep 7, 2018
I checked, and it's a self-created cube, so I probably wanted it to be a long metal thing to straighten the gravel. And I guess it should be more reflective :D

test_05.png

Reactions: Mcknobz33

Knight_of_the_lance

Feb 23, 2020
Much better. And I too wondered at some point if the ruler was a piece of 2x4 (10x20) but the texture wasn't wood. Anyways, It is the kind of detail that can bug you more than you suspect when you know a bit about it. My cousin, a military, rolls his eyes each time a missile explode when someone shoot at or mess with an inactivated one, for example.

Again, great work, keep it up!

Reactions: HighbornTiger

Issikka

Jan 27, 2022
I checked, and it's a self-created cube, so I probably wanted it to be a long metal thing to straighten the gravel. And I guess it should be more reflective :D

View attachment 3620751
That long metal piece looks like a ground/gravel level to me. But yeah a rubber or wooden mallet would be more "accurate" for paving but it's an old DIY trick to use a pice of wood and a carpenters hammer/whatever striking tools you own to get the job done.

Reactions: HighbornTiger

DevinHesi

Oct 29, 2021
Development Update 33

1715526533441.png

My last dev update was born out of frustration. I didn't manage to publish a release in 4 months and it was bugging me. That's why I phrased things in a way that left people feeling pity/worried for me.

Here... I said it.

But why did I say it? That's a good question. I'm not very happy with most, if not any, of the responses I got to my last dev udate. Everyone that commented or reached out is awesome. I'm not happy on a personal level, because I think I didn't express myself and my situation clearly. This is something that can happen. In a dev update I loosly tell you my progress, and mention some things that currently go through my mind. This can be personal matters, or fun stuff related to rendering/game development.

This means a dev update is much more like a bundle of thoughts, than a carefully crafted press release.

I would like to correct the record.

I've been studing and working on AVN's for four years. This isn't new for me. In the last dev update I tried to express that I found motivation because people close to me doubted I could do the impossible. But what I didn't make clear is that they are reasonable. I shouldn't be able to finish my degree this semester, and most people creating games can't live off of it. I'd like to prove them wrong. That's all.

The same way every single negative review pushes me to create a better story, a better release. I find motivation in those things. And I think it's interesting, so I tell you about it.

In the last dev update things went wrong, because I didn't check myself, and underlying frustration started to creep into me tellin you my thoughts. Sorry about that, and thank you for everyone that reached out, or gave advice.

I'm at 94 renders out of around 250 for the next update (Episode 5). Progress is slow, because for some reasons my last few weekends didn't feel like weekends. More often than not they were full, so I only managed to do 10 renders a day, even on good days.

Rendering is difficult during the week, because I'm not actually at home (and I don't have that beautiful RTX4090). That's why I decided to just start writing Epside 5.5. Episode 5 (the next release) has around 18.000 words (almost twice as much than other releases), and I've also written around 2.500 words for Episode 5.5. This doesn't make Episode 5 come out any sooner, but it will still speed things up in the long run.

I hope you are all doing alright.

Keep your eyes open for future updates.

Until then, Enjoy!

DevinHesi

Oct 29, 2021
Development Update 34

1716044811649.png

Who wants to play a game of guess that ass?

^^ I'll leave it like that. Hopefully it's not a hard one. Post your guess in the comments.

We are back to regular schedule. I'm doing my renders, and you are patiently waiting for me to announce the relese date of the next update. Well... I wish you better luck next time. I'm at 134 renders.

But there is actually good news. This already includes 3 animations. They are not the most elaborate, but I do believe they are awesome. They are also why I'm writing this dev update. I have the itch to show them to you, but I can't. If I showed you everything I'm proud of, then the new release would just be a collection of things you've already seen.

Sucks...

So I settled for playing a game of guess that ass. I was surprised that it looked as good as it does. Of course, I'm not going to say who it is, but I can tell you that you'll see her wear those shorts a couple more times. It would be a waste if this was the only time.

Anyway, if guessing the person in the image is too easy, I even have a harder challenge. What is she doing right now? What's going on tin that frame?

My render seems to be finished, which would make it 135.

I hope you are all doing well. Keep your eyes open for future updates.

Until then, Enjoy yourself :D

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
That be easy ... this is the outstanding hot and bothered water goddess who willingly gave herself to MC to make the first step into standing up to the tormentor of her peers who issued the challenge.

So I settled for playing a game of guess that ass.
Me be doubling down on the stupendous water bending sweetheart attempting to create a water A.I. inside the water body of a female angel - modelled after the angel honey who is in command.
Anyway, if guessing the person in the image is too easy, I even have a harder challenge. What is she doing right now? What's going on tin that frame?
She is in front of the pool, sqeezing tight her delicious buns to produce the hard throbbing current needed to fire her most determined synapses and pull off the extraordinary feat she is attempting: Water A.I.

4.30 star(s) 49 Votes