Unreal Engine - Abandoned - A Dream Life [v0.0.3 Demo] [PABG]

1. 4.00 star(s)

gubl

It is quite a content rich for demo. No major flaws or excessive grind observed during game play, although, buggy behavior may kill immersion mojo. In my case, I faced with the issue on school admission test, in attempt to google some answers I switch application to background and by the time I switched back to adjust my exam choices I lost cursor, hot spots for answers are tiny and with lack of visible cursor to navigate and neither test offers viable option to cancel it to return into main game. I had no choice but close game with Alt+F4. By that time I invested about 2 hours of game progression so redoing this from scratch was too much for me.

Mom's model needs a bit more refinement to age her and either agitate model to be more more curvy or skinnier per dev's taste, as exaggeration works good to to spice up character otherwise she looks too young and bland and express savorless appeal.

Nevertheless, I still appreciate devs effort to build spacious 3d realm without labyrinths something that many 3d game devs are guilty for.
    I wish dev good luck and growth of players base.
  2. 3.00 star(s)

rvlfycpydgdcttfren

Be prepared that the game is unreal for some unimaginable reason

A seasick camera a daughter who is allowed to punch you for no reason, people who all fall out of love over every single conversation and utter lack of direction as to what to do are some of the things that await you behind constant "coming soon" notices and luminous bright white walls

I'd recommend waiting a good long time and then checking if it can be salvaged, but even then, only if you like goth-reject cyberpunk-esq characters
  3. 2.00 star(s)

Optimelle

I give this 2 stars: 1 for the effort and the other one for the potential. There is not much else here and the graphics are pretty bad: poor lighting, animations are clunky and the characters are pretty generic so far. I gave more stars and even supported other projects and I had to take the stars back and cancel my support due to shifts in development ideas, poor or no progress.
    It can become a great game if Unreal is used properly. The rest is up to the dev's imagination.
    At this point, I confess the game could not keep me "hooked" so I closed it before I saw all the content, but I saw enough to know I will give it another go in about 6 months and see what it feels like then. I hope to increase the rating, but I will not be disappointed if I will delete it again before I get to Hanna's shop.
  4. 4.00 star(s)

Deleted member 3176988

The game has a lot of potential. I was pleased with how nonlaggy it was. And the models and scenary were good. I like how it has an open world feel to it. My only complaint is how buggy the game is. When I first started the game, I had to Alt + Tab out of it. But for 3-5 minutes, my mouse cursor disappeared and I had to keep restarting the game to make my mouse cursor reappear again. When I saw the landlady, she was sitting on air with the kitchen chair pushed underneath the kitchen table. I tried looking around the kitchen and when I looked back at her, the chair was pulled out and she was sitting on it. When I talked to the punk girl, there was flicking overlapping textures of the hair. And when I chose some dialogue options, she had two heads. One head facing forward and looking at her phone. The other head was overlapping it and looking at me while talking. Another thing that I noticed is that the conversation icons above the women's heads also have two different icons overlapping each other. I thought that was weird. When I went on a grocery store errand, it was completely dark outside as it was around midnight. That's a strange time to be sent grocery shopping. There was no sidewalk leading from the front door to the road. That's unrealistic. A house that nice would not have its residents walking on the lawn every single day. The grass would wear out and it would expose all the brown soil underneath. There needs to be a sidewalk. The sex content with the grocery store lady was nice. It was simple, but it sufficed. She was good looking too. Some people are asking for incest. It feels like an incest game to me because I named the landlady Mommy, the punk girl Bitch, and the other female who I haven't met yet Little Sister. The landlady asks you to call her Mommy, if that is the name that you chose for her. So every time I talk to her it's like "What do you like, Mommy?" Lol. A lot of doors were closed and locked, and it was hard figuring out what the controls are because you don't have mouse cursors or objects that get highlighted or any other indicators. You just walk around and press buttons and hope that one works. Turns out that there really is only one control. It's E to open and close doors and not all doors will open and close. The dialogue options were a bit of a chore because there are two rows of them, but one row is hidden. Each time that I wanted to access the various options on the bottom row, I had to switch rows to get to them. It was a tedious, repetitive process. I would just make all the dialogue option choices visible at all times. I hope that there will be a cheat menu or mod later, because I don't want to grind for money and I like how the demo has a built in time advance cheat button so you don't have to run to your bed each time. I think that you should have to hold down the Shift button to run. I don't like to toggle running on/off. Because 99% of all games that I play, you have to keep Shift pressed, and here I am holding the button down when I only needed to press it once. And finally, I wish that there was some indicator on when you have reached the end of the demo content so you don't waste hours or game days of your life trying to figure out if there is anything else left to do. It's possible that this game could benefit from a hint system. Overall, I think that it is a very promising game. But a demo shouldn't be this glitchy. There is so little content, and the content that does exist is buggy. So please test your game first before releasing it.