VN Ren'Py Abandoned A College Life [v0.1] [Sims4Adults]

Sims4Adults

Game Developer
May 17, 2018
Yes. Like I said, those two are the main themes for "It is actually supposed to be an incest game, but we don't call it incest, cause patreon will close our page down"
The way you quote it, it sounds very boring and leached out! :coldsweat: I got a lot of useful input in the first hours since the release of v0.1, so I'm thinking about changing the story before it's to far to be changed. (And no, my MC stays as "feminine" as he is right now, I like the look :winkytongue:) Any suggestions how to get out of this "it is actually supposed to be an incest game, but I don't call it incest, cause Patreon will close the page down" thing? What could be the connection between the college guy and an middle-aged and two young females? The one with the best suggestion will be named and linked within the credits of the game :HeyGuys:

Apr 7, 2018
The way you quote it, it sounds very boring and leached out! :coldsweat: I got a lot of useful input in the first hours since the release of v0.1, so I'm thinking about changing the story before it's to far to be changed. (And no, my MC stays as "feminine" as he is right now, I like the look :winkytongue:) Any suggestions how to get out of this "it is actually supposed to be an incest game, but I don't call it incest, cause Patreon will close the page down" thing? What could be the connection between the college guy and an middle-aged and two young females? The one with the best suggestion will be named and linked within the credits of the game :HeyGuys:
Letting you choose the relationships between you and the people ex: you can make X your mom or make X your room mate

Reactions: Sims4Adults

Razielprince

Nov 4, 2017
I knew it! I knew there something strange with the text when I read "roommate [MC's name]", when one of the girls said it at the breakfast scene. This game needs an incest patch if the text should be coherent at all. In the next update I would suggest you either take the word "roommate" out of the context, only mentioning it at times when it is necessary if you want the text to make any sens at all for the remainder of the development of the game @Sims4Adults . Trust me the patch for aunt and cousins will get you a lot of fans, because there are a lot of fans who love to break taboos and what not. And those who want to go with the normal Landlady and her daughters story can play it without the patch. Or even mom and sisters for the incest lovers, could work with something like this:"Mom and Dad got divorced he stayed with his dad untill he got into college and now because his college is close to where his mother is he decided to finally met her and his sisters which he hasn't seen in a long time". There that could also work.

• Love
Reactions: Highland_Hunter

Bagger288

Jul 11, 2017
The smoothness of the skins and generally with all the images is because of the screenshots taken from TS4
While I didn't get lesbian vibes, I did get metrosexual ones. The MC doesn't look "nice", they look like someone who worries about their appearance a lot. The smoothness is part of that.

For the game itself - not bad for a first effort, but the only relatively original thing seems to be the use of Sims graphics (and there have been a few games trying that already). I was more surprised by the embedded animations - looks like the sims engine helped a lot there.
The biggest problem I had was with the translation, which was passable but slightly confusing.

hyco2

Sep 15, 2017
I played it, and

meh. Just meh.
- I don't like the mc shown all the time. He looks like a fucking idiot. No style, but overstyled. I don't want to play an idiot.
- I don't care for the rapegrapping. Go and fuck, or wank behind the door, some real bsdm, all fine, but this is just creepy.
- Graphics are ok. But nothing special
- The writing is goddawfull. Overexplaining and clicheed.
- I have it had with the fucking stupid pseudo incest. If it gets you off, do it and name it. If not, spare me the stepshit. As it is, earning money by patreon would be a rippoff anyway.

I find this very immature and regret wasting time on it.

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
Is there some unwritten rule of H games that every mother must have 2 daughters?

Usually one that hates the MC and the other loves them.

Oiz

I am not Bloo, cause Bloo is a cunt
Modder
Donor
Aug 5, 2016
That's the thing. The "living with a middle-aged woman and her two daughters" is already used so often with incest games, that my brain automatically connects the two. EIther it's mom + 2 sisters, or the aunt + female 2 cousins, or well as the two most common substitues landlady + 2 roommates and moms friend and her two daughters. It's not really your fault, but more like what I connect with this setting from experience in playing these games.

Hell, if you got a good story and can make the setting believable, that it isn't exactly the same story as those incest games just with differen't names, then go for it. You should make the game you want.

Reactions: Sims4Adults

Deleted member 237822

Oct 8, 2017
Thanks again [USER=237822 said:
@Ayrik Eyronphist[/USER], above all for encouraging to go on ... not to mention the ball-cut-off thing. I swear, I'm thankful every day, that the motherfuckin' Germans before me lost both wars – imagine the world if not! That's why I can go through life with pride and without balls x'D
Hey, so you had a bad couple of decades. You aren't the first to have tried something like that and you won't be the last. That is no reason to let your balls be cut off. Just don't let your past define your future (and all that sappy stuff). You can have national pride without committing crimes against humanity. Look into your history and find what is good and emulate that. :cool:

Hybris

May 9, 2017
I have to ask why Sims 4 vs Sims 3? I know that 3 has a lot more content made for it as (at least the last time I looked at a Sims game for modding) 4 wasn't as flexible/popular to mod.

Sims4Adults

Game Developer
May 17, 2018
First of all: Thank you all for your answers and your constructive criticism. I will incorporate all this into my plans for the sequel.

I knew it! I knew there something strange with the text when I read "roommate [MC's name]", when one of the girls said it at the breakfast scene. This game needs an incest patch
@Razielprince: I confess that this Landlady-Roommate-thing also looks weird to me. Whether I will provide an incest patch or make something completely different, I can't say currently.

Renpy games always get so annoying to play [...] just say " whatever i got enough money from idiot patreons" [...]
@drew: Sorry, didn't ment to bore you. But that it is a Ren'Py based game was previously known. I'm not sure yet about Patreon. What is clear: Since I have too many projects on the run, there is not really time to develop a good game "on the side". Support via Patreon would be an option. But as the reason to develop such a game was always personal curiosity, I never prospected a Patreon revenue.

[... ] For the game itself - not bad for a first effort, but the only relatively original thing seems to be the use of Sims graphics (and there have been a few games trying that already). I was more surprised by the embedded animations - looks like the sims engine helped a lot there.
The biggest problem I had was with the translation, which was passable but slightly confusing.
@Bagger288: That you call my awkward and incompetent translation "passable", I consider a compliment! Because in truth, my English is horrible, that's unfortunately true. Sorry for that! For a next version the collaboration with a native speaker is planned, who will transcript my texts into "real English".
And yes, the animations are the main advantage of using TS4 as the "engine" for the content. Therefore, in the future, the animations will become the main feature of the game.

I played it, and [...]
@hyco2: Thank you for the detailed review. I will take this into account in the next plans.

[...] Hell, if you got a good story and can make the setting believable, that it isn't exactly the same story as those incest games just with differen't names, then go for it. You should make the game you want.
@Oiz: After all the valuable hints from the community, I am actually relatively sure that the chosen path can not be the right one. It's all too obvious, too often seen, too constructed. But what will be the right path for me is currently not clear to me. We'll see ...

Hey, so you had a bad couple of decades. You aren't the first to have tried something like that and you won't be the last. That is no reason to let your balls be cut off. Just don't let your past define your future (and all that sappy stuff). You can have national pride without committing crimes against humanity. Look into your history and find what is good and emulate that. :cool:
@Ayrik Eyronphist: Although off-topic: The whole national-patriotism-thing is nothing for me. I am human. Period. And am trying to meet other humanes with an open heart and mind. In order to do so and deal with them, I do not have to attach any labels – labels that relate to their sex, their skin color, sexual preferences, their religion or countries of origin. That's why the past interests me only insofar as I try to do my best that the past do not repeat itself.
I believe in that:
I have to ask why Sims 4 vs Sims 3? I know that 3 has a lot more content made for it as (at least the last time I looked at a Sims game for modding) 4 wasn't as flexible/popular to mod.
@Hybris: No special reason. Just because I'm gaming TS4 myself, not TS3.

yes, please. the whole Landlady BS is annoying as fuck o_O
@anschwww: I see. I have to ask you for patience. First of all, I have to plan how I would like to continue and go on.

Why it's tagged as "2D game" when it's clearly 3dcg?
@Greyhound: This was so entered by the mod who kindly published the game here. Maybe because it doesn't uses content made with DAZ 3D and other well-known 3D platforms?

Reactions: Dreuxxx

Bagger288

Jul 11, 2017
Why it's tagged as "2D game" when it's clearly 3dcg?
3DCG is different from 3D gameplay. This games makes no attempt to map the world in 3D, which would be the minimum requirement for a 3D game (though I personally think a 3D game engine is the defining characteristic).

drew

May 19, 2017
You still don't get it, do you? It's because most games here are unfinished and Ren'Py is the most popular engine.
If some other engine would be more popular, then the largest number of unfinished games would be built on that engine, not Ren'Py.
Why do most car accidents happen with small cheap old cars and rarely with supercars? It's because cheap small (and old) cars are the most common type of cars, not that the supercars are less likely to have accidents.

The most common kind of games here are unfinished games and the most common engine is Ren'Py. This is why the largest absolute number of unfinished games are Ren'Py games.

I did not escape the main point, I thought that the main point should be obvious already.

Don't you remember anything about relative numbers and statistics?
i prefer quality rather than quantity did you understand that?