couldyounot

Feb 21, 2021
Well, @
RandyJMarsh
Even if the end has come for the game, Thanks for the enjoyable content. Especially the trap content, pretty rare to find quality trap content on here that isn't packaged with feminizing the MC or other undesirable stuff.
She's trans, not a trap. A trap is a person presenting as another gender without actually identifying as said gender (it's also considered offensive).

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
She's trans, not a trap. A trap is a person presenting as another gender without actually identifying as said gender (it's also considered offensive).
she/he would be trans if he/she was transitioning between genders..but he/she pretty much stays right there up until the content ends(and i'm not implying that he/she is about to change gender right at the end, just we don't see the actual sex change AT ALL in the game)...how do you want to define his/her situation? he/she is a dude who wears feminine clothes, wants to be a woman, but still has a penis that he/she likes to use on people...i've no word to describe his situation, and my vocabulary is rather lacking to pick a word for it.

couldyounot

Feb 21, 2021
she/he would be trans if he/she was transitioning between genders..but he/she pretty much stays right there up until the content ends(and i'm not implying that he/she is about to change gender right at the end, just we don't see the actual sex change AT ALL in the game)...how do you want to define his/her situation? he/she is a dude who wears feminine clothes, wants to be a woman, but still has a penis that he/she likes to use on people...i've no word to describe his situation, and my vocabulary is rather lacking to pick a word for it.
What you're describing IS trans. You don't need to undergo a physical sex change to be trans. SHE identifies as a girl, presents as a girl, is a girl.

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
There is already a word for this: "trans woman". She identifies as a woman. Not by choice, but because she felt dysphoria when trying to cosplay as the boy she was assigned as at birth (a very common but not universal experience among trans women). Yes, she's a fictional character and thus she can't be offended by your misgendering her, so I'm not going to get offended on her behalf, but I do hope that you learn a bit more about trans experiences from non-transphobic sources before commenting on them.

Surgical transitioning is not a requirement for someone to be trans (though many--but not all--trans people get it eventually). Hormone replacement therapy is not a requirement for someone to be trans (though many--but not all--trans people start with it). For that matter, gender dysphoria isn't even a requirement for someone to be trans (though most--but not all--trans people have it). All that is required for a person to be trans is that they do not identify as the gender they were assigned at birth, which qualifies Jamie quite handily.

A trap is a boy or man who looks feminine and dresses in women's clothing. That's it. If you think "that's not a very useful term", you're right! That's why it's used almost exclusively in fiction or as a slur against trans women.

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
What you're describing IS trans. You don't need to undergo a physical sex change to be trans. SHE identifies as a girl, presents as a girl, is a girl.
There is already a word for this: "trans woman". She identifies as a woman. Not by choice, but because she felt dysphoria when trying to cosplay as the boy she was assigned as at birth (a very common but not universal experience among trans women). Yes, she's a fictional character and thus she can't be offended by your misgendering her, so I'm not going to get offended on her behalf, but I do hope that you learn a bit more about trans experiences from non-transphobic sources before commenting on them.

Surgical transitioning is not a requirement for someone to be trans (though many--but not all--trans people get it eventually). Hormone replacement therapy is not a requirement for someone to be trans (though many--but not all--trans people start with it). For that matter, gender dysphoria isn't even a requirement for someone to be trans (though most--but not all--trans people have it). All that is required for a person to be trans is that they do not identify as the gender they were assigned at birth, which qualifies Jamie quite handily.

A trap is a boy or man who looks feminine and dresses in women's clothing. That's it. If you think "that's not a very useful term", you're right! That's why it's used almost exclusively in fiction or as a slur against trans women.
my answer to you both is going to be: not my territory, not my battle, not my problem

but Tiur...i do have a question...Jamie qualifies as a trap, you literally describe him as a trap: he is a boy/man, who looks feminine and dresses in women's clothing, while not even beginning his transition(unless starting to wearing those clothes is part of the transition, but even then, Jamie remains at that stage for the whole game so far. Trans-person has the words Trans(that stands for TRANSITION/TRANSITIONING, and person), it implies that there should be a gradual change, from Stage 1 to Stage 2, from one type of genitals to another...but in the whole game, nothing happens, Jamie doesn't really change, it's not like he gets pegged, his penis(the thing that he shouldn't want anymore) is still used, a LOT, how do you call someone like that?

I'm confused, but clearly is not my place to talk about this...

couldyounot

Feb 21, 2021
my answer to you both is going to be: not my territory, not my battle, not my problem

but Tiur...i do have a question...Jamie qualifies as a trap, you literally describe him as a trap: he is a boy/man, who looks feminine and dresses in women's clothing, while not even beginning his transition(unless starting to wearing those clothes is part of the transition, but even then, Jamie remains at that stage for the whole game so far. Trans-person has the words Trans(that stands for TRANSITION/TRANSITIONING, and person), it implies that there should be a gradual change, from Stage 1 to Stage 2, from one type of genitals to another...but in the whole game, nothing happens, Jamie doesn't really change, it's not like he gets pegged, his penis(the thing that he shouldn't want anymore) is still used, a LOT, how do you call someone like that?

I'm confused, but clearly is not my place to talk about this...
Jamie is a girl and trans currently means something along the lines of other/opposite (coming from latin) and doesn't "stand for" transition. Transgender means that the person identifies as different (other) gender than their biological sex.
And again: JAMIE IS A GIRL

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
Jamie is a girl and trans currently means something along the lines of other/opposite (coming from latin) and doesn't "stand for" transition. Transgender means that the person identifies as different (other) gender than their biological sex.
And again: JAMIE IS A GIRL
you're so insisting on the matter, that sounds more about trying to deny some sort of hidden homosexuality that you may(or not) have, rather than about Jamie itself and what he or she or it may be.

Don't worry, if you're gay it's alright, you don't have to hide it anymore, you're safe here, we accept you, even an ignorant such myself, i accept you for who you are, and i won't bully you for being gay, i'm cool with the lgbt+ community, i lack the knowledge to not-offend them by accident, but i'm not against what they are. You're in a safe space ^_^

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
how do you call someone like that?
Still a trans woman.

As couldyounot said, the "trans" in "trans person" is short for "transgendered", not "transitioning". And, again, note that I included HRT, which does in fact start a gradual shift of several physical markers. Given that the game has only included at best a few weeks (maybe even less, it's been a while since I played last), it is far too soon to make any unequivocal statement about Jamie's transitioning.

The reason we have been being definitive about Jamie being a girl is that she says she's a girl, and we have absolutely no reason to assume she is lying. You are starting from the position that she is lying, since you keep misgendering her and calling her a boy despite your self-admitted ignorance about the matter.

The fact that you then started trolling couldyounot makes me suspect your arguments here are not in good faith, so with the above said to educate anyone reading this, I'm done with you.

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
1- Still a trans woman.

2- As couldyounot said, the "trans" in "trans person" is short for "transgendered", not "transitioning". And, again, note that I included HRT, which does in fact start a gradual shift of several physical markers. Given that the game has only included at best a few weeks (maybe even less, it's been a while since I played last), it is far too soon to make any unequivocal statement about Jamie's transitioning.

3- The reason we have been being definitive about Jamie being a girl is that she says she's a girl, and we have absolutely no reason to assume she is lying. You are starting from the position that she is lying, since you keep misgendering her and calling her a boy despite your self-admitted ignorance about the matter.

4- The fact that you then started trolling couldyounot makes me suspect your arguments here are not in good faith, so with the above said to educate anyone reading this, I'm done with you.
1- Okay...i guess.

2- When hormone therapy is mentioned in the game? screenshots please, bc i don't recall any mention, just Jamie's desire of changing genitals and then he gets saved by MC, and they live together, and he fucks more than MC

3- I don't believe in the "i identify as [name of something] so it means i am", without solid proofs, i can claim i'm a transdimensional alien with 5 penises, but i can't prove it. It's bigotry? Maybe, but i'm too realist, and i don't like play pretend, my mind is too glued to "prove what you claim, otherwise you're a liar or you belong in an asylum"

4- Nope, because his way to talk reminded me of a person i knew who was in his similar situation, and yes turned out he was gay, i saw the similarities and i decided to be accepting.

Extra: jamie for being a girl(like you say), he/she uses his/her penis a lot...weird considering that he/she using genitals that he shouldn't either like or accept to have.

Conclusion: i'm done with you all, answer, but don't expect a reply, be glad if i read at all. Goodbye

couldyounot

Feb 21, 2021
1- Okay...i guess.

2- When hormone therapy is mentioned in the game? screenshots please, bc i don't recall any mention, just Jamie's desire of changing genitals and then he gets saved by MC, and they live together, and he fucks more than MC

3- I don't believe in the "i identify as [name of something] so it means i am", without solid proofs, i can claim i'm a transdimensional alien with 5 penises, but i can't prove it. It's bigotry? Maybe, but i'm too realist, and i don't like play pretend, my mind is too glued to "prove what you claim, otherwise you're a liar or you belong in an asylum"

4- Nope, because his way to talk reminded me of a person i knew who was in his similar situation, and yes turned out he was gay, i saw the similarities and i decided to be accepting.

Extra: jamie for being a girl(like you say), he/she uses his/her penis a lot...weird considering that he/she using genitals that he shouldn't either like or accept to have.

Conclusion: i'm done with you all, answer, but don't expect a reply, be glad if i read at all. Goodbye
You purposefully keep calling Jamie "he" which is straight-up transphobic. The facts she has a penis and uses it doesn't mean that she's not a (trans) girl.

turgsh01

Apr 13, 2020
For the first time ever, I think I'm going to use the ignore button on a user (I wish there was an option to make them disappear completely, but whatever). Normally, I'd just dismiss it and move on as ppl do often say dumb things but later say something intelligent, but I think in this case, I don't want to read anything the transphobic user has to say anymore. I can't believe how patient you guys were.

Anyway, I think I'm going to re-play this game for the 3rd time (which is something I very rarely do with AVNs).

Last edited:

RandyJMarsh

Pat the kitty
Game Developer
Dec 19, 2019
At one point I added a question about trans rights to the pride flag splash screen. If you clicked yes it just went to the main menu and you never saw it again. If you clicked no it would hard crash the game but also set a flag so that if you loaded it up again now both answers would hard crash it and made the game completely unplayable.
I know it wouldn't stop anyone that had even a little knowledge of renpy but I thought it was funny.
Then I thought better of it.

Lerd0

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
At one point I added a question about trans rights to the pride flag splash screen. If you clicked yes it just went to the main menu and you never saw it again. If you clicked no it would hard crash the game but also set a flag so that if you loaded it up again now both answers would hard crash it and made the game completely unplayable.
I know it wouldn't stop anyone that had even a little knowledge of renpy but I thought it was funny.
Then I thought better of it.
...look who's back....
1705750620096.png

4.10 star(s) 32 Votes