Unreal Engine Completed 90 Seconds Slave [v0.8.3] [DumbCrow]

4.10 star(s) 25 Votes

dumbcrow

Game Developer
Jul 16, 2017
It seems like there should be a bidding process since you can get a skill to see the wealth of the other buyers, and can see a ranking too.
No, you cant buy slaves at auction. Main game concept is buy slaves at stock, train them, then sell at auciton. You must make a decision which slave to sell accroding to auction visitors thoughts.

Davox

Jul 15, 2017
I love the concept but found it hard going (even after cheating the save file).

My points are:
1) mover the interaction boxes further away from the edges, kept scrolling the screen when going to click on things.
2) on the above, have an option to disable screen edge scrolling and use arrows keys or something
2) I didn't like having to scroll around and zoom in and out all the time. Perhaps give an alternative method like after you click 'go to' give all the options underneath, and if you select a room have the screen auto scroll to the centre of the room and zoom in. Or have a small map overlay somewhere on the screen that can be used to click around the map.

cooperdk

Engaged Member
Jul 23, 2017
The game has memory leak,RAM and video ram fill up constantly
Very high CPU and GPU usage

Getting rather Toasty..Too toasty.
As others have said, this is eating a TON of resources. My GPU isn't high end by any means, but this shouldn't be eating nearly as much as, say, Assassin's Creed: Origins or FF15. Having only two ridiculous resolution options isn't helping. And that's beside the ridiculously off positioned selection cursor; I have to place the mouse waaaay down to pick anything in the start menu.

I really wanted to try it out, but gonna be a hard pass on this one for now.
Maybe you guys should check your computers, including graphics drivers etc.

I have absolutely NO problems running this game. And if you have problems with this game, you should have problems with other Unreal games, too.

Are your graphics cards AMD, by any chance?

cooperdk

Engaged Member
Jul 23, 2017
Just asked some developers on patreon . They said there is a "multiple option" on "follow" where you can add the follow at the end of the pledge page. Btw i also asked some peoples to check and they all got the forced pledge and can't "follow" you :-/
Some developer got their page locked for review for 2-3 weeks because of that i just hope it don't hapen to you too because your game is not bad .
People got their page locked for review due to a feature that Patreon themselves offer? Bullshit.
If you can set it up like that, it's because Patreon wishes people to be able to do just that.

moemi02

Aug 24, 2017
People got their page locked for review due to a feature that Patreon themselves offer? Bullshit.
If you can set it up like that, it's because Patreon wishes people to be able to do just that.
Go read patreon rules before saying S..T ........ it's like forced sale and it's punishable by law it's why they lock patreon page for "forced review" ..... if developer don't put the "no thanks i just want to follow" option when the forced pledge open when you click the "follow" buton on their page.....

John123456

Jun 15, 2017
No, you cant buy slaves at auction. Main game concept is buy slaves at stock, train them, then sell at auciton. You must make a decision which slave to sell accroding to auction visitors thoughts.
I feel like there should be the option to buy an auction slave, train them and sell for a higher amount.

Daba

Jan 22, 2018

I have absolutely NO problems running this game. And if you have problems with this game, you should have problems with other Unreal games, too.

I do have an AMD card (Radeon RX 480), and all other games on Unreal engine work like a charm. Game works without lag but randomly crash with the message that VRAM is full, which indicate memory leak as card have 8GB.
Game is new & not yet optimized, so it's not really fair to blame status of players PCs if there are multiple occurrence of the same issue.
Hope this gets fixed in future as game have potential.

Jordan2323

Nov 19, 2017

Ye its AMD,but I never had problems with other Unreal games and it fills up not only video ram,but system memory too.

popober

Jun 9, 2017

Nope, mine's an Nvidia.

I honestly can't say anything about other Unreal games, as I haven't played any with that engine for a while other than Vampyr; that one has no problems whatsoever. With this one, though, MSI Afterburner is showing GPU usage at 80-90% and I can quite literally feel the heat from the exhaust. RAM and CPU usage, according to task manager, is fine.

Maybe it could be a driver thing, as there Nvidia Control Panel is indeed showing a pending update, but I don't think the usage should be THAT heavy. Anyway, I have no plans to bother checking atm since I'm still gonna wait until the game has more updates anyway; maybe it'll be more optimized then too. The game seems really good, so I hope it does.

dumbcrow

Game Developer
Jul 16, 2017
I love the concept but found it hard going (even after cheating the save file).

My points are:
1) mover the interaction boxes further away from the edges, kept scrolling the screen when going to click on things.

2) on the above, have an option to disable screen edge scrolling and use arrows keys or something
2) I didn't like having to scroll around and zoom in and out all the time. Perhaps give an alternative method like after you click 'go to' give all the options underneath, and if you select a room have the screen auto scroll to the centre of the room and zoom in. Or have a small map overlay somewhere on the screen that can be used to click around the map.
1. Will do not a problem
2. You can disable by pressing F10 and making scrolling sensitivity to 0
2. Small map, i think. A bit later

dumbcrow

Game Developer
Jul 16, 2017
Nope, mine's an Nvidia.

I honestly can't say anything about other Unreal games, as I haven't played any with that engine for a while other than Vampyr; that one has no problems whatsoever. With this one, though, MSI Afterburner is showing GPU usage at 80-90% and I can quite literally feel the heat from the exhaust. RAM and CPU usage, according to task manager, is fine.

Maybe it could be a driver thing, as there Nvidia Control Panel is indeed showing a pending update, but I don't think the usage should be THAT heavy. Anyway, I have no plans to bother checking atm since I'm still gonna wait until the game has more updates anyway; maybe it'll be more optimized then too. The game seems really good, so I hope it does.
Can you post tou videocard model. A im making this game on radeon 7800. And it shows aprox 50-60 fps

dumbcrow

Game Developer
Jul 16, 2017
Go read patreon rules before saying S..T ........ it's like forced sale and it's punishable by law it's why they lock patreon page for "forced review" ..... if developer don't put the "no thanks i just want to follow" option when the forced pledge open when you click the "follow" buton on their page.....
I broke my eyes while trying to find how to change this. At least i make new account and tryied to follow 2 or3 creators. Always i was redirected to become patron page. Just dont know, maybe patreon politics on following has changed and now all must look at this page.

esoom

Sep 6, 2017
Looks like this could be a good game, looks similar to another game I played where you use the slaves as prostitutes, but that game was kinda unbalanced.

Also the reason it's hammering your graphics card is there is no vsync.

There is also a bug, if you start a new game, buy stuff, exit to main menu then start a new game the money you start with is the same as the previous game ended wtih.

metim200

Nov 14, 2017
I've watched both perfmon and task manager to see what the whole performance thing is about. I didn't see anything too far out of the norm while playing, so I cannot attest to the above comments. My fan doesn't even run on high while playing.
Two notes:
The maid seems to double up, like, there is literally two of them placed over each other which is a little ugly.
Trying to buy the "anal hook" freezes all player actions, and you pretty much have to quit and load.

Cheat engine: money is 4-bytes, use "scan all" to find xp.
bro for money on 4-byte doesnt work, I "first scan" it found 10-30 result but when I press "next scan" 0 result can I get help

Prick

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
bro for money on 4-byte doesnt work, I "first scan" it found 10-30 result but when I press "next scan" 0 result can I get help
Are you familiar with CE? When you click next scan you need to type the exact value of your current cash amount for each scan. If this isn't working, you should next try to change the search to "all" instead of "4-byte." If this doesn't work, you're doing something wrong.

metim200

Nov 14, 2017
Are you familiar with CE? When you click next scan you need to type the exact value of your current cash amount for each scan. If this isn't working, you should next try to change the search to "all" instead of "4-byte." If this doesn't work, you're doing something wrong.
yeah Im typing the exact value but didnt tried the all let me put it to work

popober

Jun 9, 2017
Can you post tou videocard model. A im making this game on radeon 7800. And it shows aprox 50-60 fps
It's a GTX 950 with 2GB VRAM. I DLed the game again just to make sure, and MSI Afterburner is showing GPU usage at 88-92%, and that's only at the start screen. FPS is sitting at 107, which could mean it's trying to draw more resources than needed.

There's also the fact that I have to place my mouse cursor waaay down to be able to click anything in the start menu and in the warning screen; like, a good inch or so. I'm not sure why that is, exactly, but it could be related somehow if it's a display issue.

It seems that I'm in the minority experiencing this, but I really hope you can fix these issues if you can; I really like the idea you have with this game.

Also the reason it's hammering your graphics card is there is no vsync.
This could be it. FPS counter is showing a flat 107; seems like an odd digit to stabilize at, honestly.

esoom

Sep 6, 2017
Another bug if you offer food to your slave when you have no food you can't do any other action.

And it's not just a vsync problem, this game uses 100% gpu windowed which windows should force vsync on. Odd that AMD settings don't apply to this game.

One way of fixing the GPU usage problem.. underclock your graphics card... still plays at a good frame rate at 600mhz clock on a rx580, just use wattman and create a new profile.

Reactions: Daba
4.10 star(s) 25 Votes