Mod Ren'Py 53X Homecoming Walkthrough/Gallery mod [v0.2.5.1][scrappy]

heimdal74

Apr 22, 2018
Why? Also you realize there are many people who will just start the game for the first time and would want to play with the mod right? I'm not saying modder should rush or anything but please don't talk behalf other people

and you realize that the mod version v0.2.5.1 works on version 0.2.6.1 and that you can start from the beginning without any worries

if I commented on my previous post it's because I tested it before hahaha

there always has to be someone to complain about or to bring back his grin of salt

anyway the modders know very well when the games are updated, be patient!!!

Have a good day

Reactions: Talmadge and Willia

Talmadge

May 7, 2018
Why? Also you realize there are many people who will just start the game for the first time and would want to play with the mod right? I'm not saying modder should rush or anything but please don't talk behalf other people
Well, most people on here have played multiple games that have mods, so they know that mods take time. If they've ever used one of Scrappy's, then they know that he shares it on his Patreon for a few days before releasing it on here so he can make a bit of money on it. Nothing wrong with that. You just have to wait and stop trying to rush him. I know, you said "modder shouldn't rush". But it sounds like you are wanting him to rush just so you can have his mod. If you're in that bad of a need for it, then go to his Patreon and pay 5 bucks a month to get it sooner. Or, wait like the rest of us.

Reactions: Yugan

FaceCrap

Oct 1, 2020
Like deadremix said, there's no choices in the new content (day29) added in 0.2.6.1. That's why the mod doesn't need to be updated as there's nothing to update...
If you would look into the rpa file of the game and compare the scripts for each day with the mod, you would notice that the mod itself doesn't include scripts for every day, but only for days where there are choices in the script file.
Every time the game updates and a new day script is added without any choice, the mod does not need an update and the last released version can be used without any problems even if the version number of the mod is behind that of the VN. That doesn't mean this goes for every VN, but it does for this one.
Even more so, you must use the latest version of the mod even if it's not the same version as the game to have saves load without problems.

I realize that not everyone has the ability/know-how/interest to find out how to view the contents of an rpa file, but if other's who do, post there's no need for an update.... don't question it but accept that they probably have good reason to state what they posted.

Last edited:

fekk you

Jun 8, 2017
Like deadremix said, there's no choices in the new content (day29) added in 0.2.6.1. That's why the mod doesn't need to be updated as there's nothing to update...
If you would look into the rpa file of the game and compare the scripts for each day with the mod, you would notice that the mod itself doesn't include scripts for every day, but only for days where there are choices in the script file.
Every time the game updates and a new day script is added without any choice, the mod does not need an update and the last released version can be used without any problems even if the version number of the mod is behind that of the VN. That doesn't mean this goes for every VN, but it does for this one.
Even more so, you must use the latest version of the mod even if it's not the same version as the game to have saves load without problems.

I realize that not everyone has the ability/know-how/interest to find out how to view the contents of an rpa file, but if other's who do, post there's no need for an update.... don't question it but accept that they probably have good reason to state what they posted.
That is a good explanation, thank you. I'm not one of the complainers, but i appreciate the info.

riddikk91

Apr 22, 2017
If you look on scrappy's Patreon page, he has a master list of all the mods he makes... as Homecoming no longer appears on that list, you can draw your own conclusions. :(

jasad

Dec 14, 2021

thank you for the info

IDjeeper

Nov 19, 2020

the simple problem with your assessment is that scrappy could have updated the OP to show that the mod worked for versions 0.2.5.1 AND 0.2.6.1. by not responding it looks as if the mod has been abandoned

Wills747

Engaged Member
Dec 14, 2018
Hi all my compressed unofficial Android port of 53x - Homecoming 0.2.7.1with scrappy walkthrough and gallery mod.(0.2.5.1)
Usual gestures, save name/delete, seethru textbox, resizeable game and dialogue text.
New experimental label jump
Scrollable choices (when multiple)
Scrollable textbox - no more text off the bottom of your screen
Alternative persistent saves/log location
Grant storage permissions on first run!
Updated my Android port to 0.2.7.1
Edit: fixed jump to day 29 and again for new characters

Last edited:
Reactions: panda0012345

RobNorthman

Jun 20, 2017
Updated my Android port to 0.2.7.1
Edit: fixed jump to day 29
Don't know if it's the mod or the game itself that is bugging out but it seems all of day 29 is unplayable because of a "sayer 'x' not defined" error everytime a newly introduced character speaks.

Wills747

Engaged Member
Dec 14, 2018
Don't know if it's the mod or the game itself that is bugging out but it seems all of day 29 is unplayable because of a "sayer 'x' not defined" error everytime a newly introduced character speaks.
It's because of all the .rpy files need editing to be compatible with the newer renpy version I'm porting with. I recycled some of the old files not knowing new characters had been added. Sould work now.

Reactions: RobNorthman

RobNorthman

Jun 20, 2017
It's because of all the .rpy files need editing to be compatible with the newer renpy version I'm porting with. I recycled some of the old files not knowing new characters had been added. Sould work now.
Awesome work, thanks man!

jclosed

Dec 3, 2019
Just for clarity. The 0.2.5.1 patch should be working with the new 0.2.7.1 version without problems?
There is added content (day 30 and code fixes), so there could be some slight problems. Has anyone tested it out yet?
And no, I'm not going to scream there must be updates. If the old patch just works I am perfectly happy with that.

Talmadge

May 7, 2018
Is it fair to say that the mod is abandoned? There have been several updates to the game and the mod has not been updated
scrappy doesn't abandon his masterpieces. There has been no choices to be made in the last three updates. With no choices, there are no new variables. No new variables means there is no reason to update it right now.

Talmadge

May 7, 2018
I see, just some mods are strictly tied to a particular version of the game, and for example if you install an old mod on a new game, it crashes.

What about the gallery, no new scenes in new versions of the game?
Yeah. There are many games like that. Even ones Scrappy does. But this one is one of the rare ones. As for the gallery, I don't know. I don't pay attention to it.

Reactions: simple_human