3DCG Games vs 3D Games

cheryl_c

Dec 10, 2018
Hello,

I'm curious about your opinions on - do you prefer to play (erotic) 3DCG games or 3D games - and why?
Just to clarify - 3DCG games are made of mostly still pictures of 3D models (a lot of visual novels are made this way), 3D games are just...fully 3D, often a bit sandboxy - you can go wherever you can move and stuff like that.

Some say that models in 3D games aren't sexy.... I think that in 2018 it's not a problem. Technology keeps on getting better and thankfully, there are more and more amateur 3D games with amazing graphics! Yeah, I prefer 3D games. Tried a bunch of 3DCG and it's not really suitable for my taste. Also models in 3DCG games are meant to be "sexy", to me they're tacky, overdone and way more unreal than in 3D games.

DarthSeduction

Lord of Passion
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 28, 2017
I'd like to see the industry get 3D interactive games more often, but it's a huge time and money investment.

Most devs are using Daz general license, which is just the cost of assets to make 3DCG stuff, but the interactive license is a lot more expensive.

So, if they continue using Daz, they're looking at huge monetary investments. But they could model and build them, themselves, right? Sure, but that's a huge time and hardware commitment, it's not like Daz where a lot of the work is done for you and you just have to adjust some sliders and properly light it, maybe drop it in photoshop for some after effects.

So, for us to get more 3D games we need more money behind the industry. We need talent and time and those things aren't cheap. Personally making someing in the vein of Life is Strange, as far as gameplay and whatnot go, is a goal of mine, but as I see it I either need to get rich on something else first, and then invest in a team to help me see my vision through, or make a name for myself as a trustworthy Dev an then lay out the project idea for it on a kickstarter like funding method, where we could get the money for development up front and then make the game and market it then.

SolarGuy

Jul 24, 2018
Hello,

I'm curious about your opinions on - do you prefer to play (erotic) 3DCG games or 3D games - and why?
Just to clarify - 3DCG games are made of mostly still pictures of 3D models (a lot of visual novels are made this way), 3D games are just...fully 3D, often a bit sandboxy - you can go wherever you can move and stuff like that.

Some say that models in 3D games aren't sexy.... I think that in 2018 it's not a problem. Technology keeps on getting better and thankfully, there are more and more amateur 3D games with amazing graphics! Yeah, I prefer 3D games. Tried a bunch of 3DCG and it's not really suitable for my taste. Also models in 3DCG games are meant to be "sexy", to me they're tacky, overdone and way more unreal than in 3D games.
3DCG where the game focus on choices, but some sandbox games can be cool as well. As long as the game has great animations I don't care that much...

rjackdaw

Feb 9, 2018
correct me if I'm wrong but 3dcg are more on the comic side with selective / decision gameplay?
and 3d is more on the interactive side right / more motions / actions?

Last edited:

Mcmanybucks

Jan 4, 2019
What a necro.

Though tbh, I hate 3DCG.. there's no fun in looking at still images.. and it's flooding this entire genre of games..

Give me something like Honey-Select, Home Together, Personal Study etc.. with actual gameplay.