Nicke

Game Developer
Jul 2, 2017
I work with Daz. I want all of the work that I do in Daz to be all that's done if possible.

What I'm interested in: Is it easier to export my renders to Unity or Renpy as-is? Will I need to redo all of the existing textures in either program? I've messed around with exporting characters to Blender and found that I need to recreate the textures. Don't wanna do that. I want to make the photos, light the environments, do all the poses appropriately for the interaction, and call it a day. Don't wanna repeat the work I've done. I just wanna see the renders as I did them and proceed with the game construction. What's the best engine to go about that? Renpy or Unity?
In ren'py you just display images. It's a game engine, not a program to work on graphics with. You don't export them or anything like that. What you should do is convert the daz3d renders to webp to save space.

Reactions: hiro_san

hiro_san

Jul 22, 2023
I don't know about unity, but if it's like Godot, it can display images. and it can use 2D sprite images to display as 3D object. so it has more potential.

But choosing a game engine it depends on your game genre. Renpy is a simple way to start with and is suitable for visual novels or even point-and-click gameplay. (Actually, Renpy can do more because Renpy is based on Python.)

Not sure if Renpy imports OpenCV for interacting with players. (Just an idea hahaha.)