anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Don't think so cuz those things have their own checkboxes/settings etc.
Not "those things", the setting you show only regard your birth date.
There's no checkbox for the location, web site, social networks, and all. And like meaning less, I assume it's covered by the hidden identities setting.

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
True. But it doesn't do anything as far as I can tell. Even setting it to Nobody you can still see them.
You can always see everything on your own profile... But other people can't, right now that's all we see when opening your profile.
1656370078133.png

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
View attachment 1894168

This is what I found on the XenForo forums. But I can't see the "contact details" section in my settings or maybe I'm blind.
I think it might have to do with the thing where devs have their patreon/subscribestar stuff appear under their profile picture (you can also see it in their About tab under "Contact"). Maybe that option is only available to developer accounts.

EDIT: Yup, its to do with the "Contact" section under the About tab. But I can't really seem to edit it.
The section in account details where you enter your patreon, subscribestar and buymeacoffe is literally called "Identities". So it makes sense that letting users view your identities means letting them see what you've entered in that section.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
The guy said in "Account details" that's why I looked there.

View attachment 1895297

And in "Connected accounts" their is no mention of "Identities" anywhere. Just an option to connect your patreon and nothing else, and even then when you click on it you get this beautiful message:

View attachment 1895296
They were talking generally - going to the account details page shows the menu item on the left, which fits the advice. That's not unlike just about every other social media system on the internet since 2000. Come on.

It appears no one here has the answer you want to here ... so perhaps you should enter a support ticket and report back what you find.