• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Mod Unity [1.2] Hailey's Treasure Adventure - HARD MOD++

JoeTermin

Dec 24, 2017
will this work on newer versions of the game? (eg, 0.7.1.2 being the latest on f95 as i type this)
No unfortunately. Only 0.6.3. But my 2 cents: I wouldn't advise to play the newer versions anyway until the game is complete. LAGS tends to make very buggy builds these days.

JoeTermin

Dec 24, 2017
Feature + bugfix update (v1.3).

• The heroine will now stay in the "Downed" position after sex, until you press the up key.
  • You can now throw bombs at a more vertical angle by mainting the "Up" key (useful at cliffs).
  • The game will now skip the 18+ disclaimer at start.
  • Fixed problems with the achievements menu.
  • Fixed that some enemies were no longer spawning since my last update (Vines and Plants).
  • Fixed a few other minor bugs related to achievements/enemies.

Note: this mod is still compatible with HTA version 0.6.3 only. The later versions are NOT supported yet.

Last edited:

fellaswell

Feb 11, 2024
Totally agree but that won't be something I'll fix soon, if ever. First of all, adding proximity checks for the number of nearby enemies is a lot of work and might degrade performance. Second, having balanced diffculty is not one of my primary goals, I think it's fine for the difficulty to be too much with a mod especially for a H-on-lose game (that does not mean I'll purposefully make it too hard - but I think for now it's acceptable and I'd prefer to focus on other things, ie. bugs or adding new content).

In the immediate time you can play with the config file, try increasing "spawn_enemies_over_time_interval_seconds" from 8 to something like 12 (seconds) this should make the difficulty more bearable.

You can also disable Head Hunters spawn by setting ; "spawn_enemies_ignorelist":["head"],

I'd like to tweak some specific spawns to be less frustrating, in particular vines (which sometimes spawn in unavoidable places) and carnivorous plants (which are very bugged but LAGS placed them in ways that reduce bugs chance in the OG)

Where do I place the modconfig.json file?

JoeTermin

Dec 24, 2017
Where do I place the modconfig.json file?
There should already be one created when you extract the archive, just edit it. If you don't have it, then it means you didn't extract it correctly, and you will ikely have other problems. But it should be located in the same directory as the game basically.

fellaswell

Feb 11, 2024
There should already be one created when you extract the archive, just edit it. If you don't have it, then it means you didn't extract it correctly, and you will ikely have other problems. But it should be located in the same directory as the game basically.
So in Hailey_Adventure_Data or where? Where do I drop the file? In "Managed"? In "Resources"? In "StreamingAssets"? Where?

fellaswell

Feb 11, 2024
Check the "Installation" section on the main post
I did that. The mod works. The csharp file was overwritten. I edited the modconfig.json file in notepad++, turned spawn_more_enemies to "false" and it doesn't do anything. The modconfig.json file is in the "managed" folder. Help?