Ren'Py [0.1.3 is out] Bindr: Kink dating / hook-up app simulation | Fully voiced | PBR

bindr

Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
banner.jpg

bg intro 004 front side far copy.jpg bg rebecca cuffs 002 copy.jpg bg rebecca cuffs 006 copy.jpg bg rebecca cuffs 003 copy.jpg bg rebecca cuffs copy.jpg screenshot0002.png screenshot0010.png screenshot0011.png screenshot0013.png screenshot0014.png screenshot0015.png screenshot0016.png jessica.png screenshot0020.png screenshot0005.png screenshot0004.png screenshot0003.png jessicarebecca223.png

Bindr is a dating app simulation game where you take on the challenge of courting the women you match within the in-game app of the same name. You take on the role of the very author of Bindr, a dating app dedicated to kinky people, to catch a glimpse of how "the other half lives". And by half, I mean the top 1%.

The game is targeting high fidelity PBR rendering and true to life personalities, situations and human body shapes. Nothing here is oversized, making it more believable and enticing.

You can get 0.1.3 here!

gold.png
Bindr Gold is code for Patreon exclusive content.

The core interface | Bindr app

manyfacesofthephone.jpg

The whole magic of the dating app is the "swiping", interacting, going on dates and eventually having the reward (you can guess what it is). Each lady has her own arc, her own likes and dislikes (which you can see on her bindr profile as icons in the bottom right corner), many ways for you to succeed or fail, as well as add multiple people into the mix via group chat functionality (unlocked later), first you have to reach a higher stage with multiple compatible women.

It is fully ML-voiced, which is a very laborious and cherry-picked process, and very expensive. 2 minutes of workable audio can easily eat up 40,000 characters. Designing the voices is also very challenging, making it sound "not cringe".

Roadmap

I am using semantic versioning Major.Minor.Patch a bit differently here:

0.1.x - Proof of Concept phase:
  • The "p" values doesn't go to 9 necessarily, it can go into double or triple digits, like 0.1.15
  • 0.1.x will continue until I have a grasp on the core mechanics of the game I want to have (phone, map, traversal, dates, H scenes, choices, repercussions, whether there's any point to minigames etc.)
0.2.x+ - Game is fleshed out, now building content for it:
  • I'll let you know when we're here.
Next up in 0.1.2, another date... Something spicy.

Links

bound8.png one.jpg

I've made a pretty large dump of BTS stuff (two previews here, non-PBR, this is how I prototype scenes) and related info for those who are invested in seeing a game like this. I will be feeding exclusive animated versions of the game, various previews over time as I handle the most complex bit as it's not fully controlled by me (until I setup a tortoise equivalent). Patreon support is very much appreciated as it's both a morale and interest gauge as well as helps me fund allocating time on computers which produce the content for this game.

I've also put up a poll for those who wish to help decide the direction of effort. I'm mostly in the femdom / bondage camp. Game aims at a more tempered, realistic, true to life approach.

Because there is no game without backers in the long run, I will be taking note of all the early backers and thanks to the unique format, I have the ability to reward early patrons later for supporting early development by providing exclusive dates which will be accessible across versions for them.

0.1.1.1 preview
Releasing for Patrons / Bindr Gold late tomorrow night (EST), will trickle down with subsequent public releases!

Progress log:
tablet_info.png

Map:
tablet_map.png

Time of day:
progress.png

So far, the game has been forcing you to linearly progress through it by first selecting Jessica and only after Rebecca, as part of the proof of concept demo. This changed now that I am adding in a tablet interface alongside the phone which can be brought up at most if not all times to inspect relationship progress, see previous scenes and traverse the map.

When you finish your chat with a girl and setup a date, she'll be added to your map and your log where you can track progress. This is all preliminary in look and feel and I will try to make the final version a lot more refined.

This way you can setup a date with multiple girls first and go to dates on the map when you feel like it. You can also see how it changes before and after your date. I will be adding more stats visualization that the backend uses to determine how future stages continue (your submissive or dominant tendencies).

The gallery will allow you to easily relive each date / H-scene and travel the road not taken.

Everything but the exclusive patron girls and animated content (still rendering, the fans* are annoying me right now) will trickle down into the public version eventually.

* The GPU fans, haha.

Thank you all for your amazing support, if it weren't for you enjoying this game and supporting it, I couldn't keep up this momentum.

Last edited:

comte bonfim

Nov 13, 2021
I actually love the idea, voice acting actually sounds pretty good and the renders are looking fantastic. Good luck with the game, I'm definitely gonna track it for future updates.

bindr

Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Thank you, the voices are certainly a challenge as the miss rate is pretty high on the intonation. So takes quite a while. I'm also battling IRay tendency to hog and not release VRAM, had to write various tools to optimize memory and texture use, but most of the scenes I'm pushing out at a critical 9.5 / 10 GB of 3080's VRAM. As it starts to back out and search for stuff in system memory, rendering performance drops, so have to keep it below 9.5 GB.

I've added new screens, a playable demo with a sizable swath of the Rebecca encounter, so people can get a taste. As well as some prototype renders which I am using to establish shots and scenes further into the game, some are old, some are new, but all made by me.

Much obliged to everyone supporting the development on Patreon, please make sure to vote on what you'd like to see a focus on.

Last edited:

Sorreah

Feb 15, 2023
bindr Try making an account on subscribstar (it will take a little bit to get verified but when you do, I'll go over there and immediately support you). The size of the demo seems pretty iffy for something fully voiced, not sure how much I trust anon file sharing.

All in all, this looks really promising, I hope you won't give up on this. Like I said, if you make a subscribstar, I'll gladly help you fund this, especially when you are keeping towards femdom.

Reactions: bindr

bindr

Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Great start! But of coarse very short. How much more content is on the Patreon version?
I will be releasing updates every few days for everyone while I'm figuring out the "shape of the game" until it reaches 0.2.0. Patreon right now is primarily for BTS stuff, voting on direction of my daily updates (heavily leaning towards femdom given the current state of the poll) and overall helping me finance the ML voice generation and any assets I might need.

I will be taking note of all the early backers and thanks to the unique format, I have the ability to reward early patrons later for supporting early development by providing exclusive dates which will be accessible across versions for them. I am committed to releasing the game freely while it is feasible for me to do so and will have to depend on a bit of an honor system, there will be a timed exclusive for patrons eventually, but that's it.

I am using semantic versioning Major.Minor.Patch a bit differently here:

0.1.x - Proof of Concept phase:
  • I'll be releasing 0.1.1 tomorrow or the day after, introducing a new date, a 20 year old college student Jessica, the rest of the bit with Rebecca etc.
  • Similarly, 0.1.2 will be coming shortly after that with more content
  • The "p" value doesn't go to 9 necessarily, it can go into double or triple digits, like 0.1.15
  • 0.1.x will continue until I have a grasp on the core mechanics of the game I want to have (phone, map, traversal, dates, H scenes, choices, repercussions, whether there's any point to minigames etc.)
0.2.x+ - Game is fleshed out, now building content for it:
  • I'll let you know when we're here.
Other than for supporting continued development and affecting it until 0.2.0, everything will be released here as it's prepared.

Can I only see Rebecca's scene?
Tomorrow or the day after, I am adding the second character Jessica, 20 year old college student which should have more options. I plan to do very rapid updates, hopefully, while in early development phase. To reflect on feedback faster.

The size of the demo seems pretty iffy for something fully voiced, not sure how much I trust anon file sharing.
Thank you, I will look into Subscribestar, currently working on 0.1.1 so have been engrossed in that. As for the size, I am trying to optimize the size as much as possible given how ridiculously big other renpy games are. Leaning heavily into webp, webm and am going to have to figure out how compress audio well as stuff expands.

I am glad you think it's small, hopefully I can keep it that way. I'll make sure 0.1.1 and beyond is uploaded to multiple hosts. And as always, you're definitely recommended to scan all files for viruses etc. It's safe to say nobody will spend a zero day on a small smut game. :D

Last edited:

warrenitro

Aug 20, 2021
Sounds great! Can't wait to meet "A 20 year old 'Extremely Dominant' college student named Jessica". If she's anything like Rebecca this ought to be good :)

bindr

Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Jessica (20) coming in 0.1.1 on Monday

screenshot0016.png

Jessica was not the character I planned to do for 0.1.1, the plan was to have Rebecca and Natalie (the same one from the app), which is referenced towards the end of 0.1.0, to team up on MC. But one of the patrons suggested that's too much of an "end game" content. Guess I was trying to give the Deathclaw + Power Armor moment from Fallout 4 early on too.

Some back and forth, I decided to add more stuff into the mix, introduce Jessica as a date and finish off MC solo with Rebecca (where it ended on 0.1.0). I still plan to pursue the domme threesome later, as a higher stage development of MC - Rebecca relationship.

So, about Jessica... Unlike Rebecca, she is a lot less single-minded and identifies as more of a switch. She's a law student at SC. Her being a switch opens up the opportunity for the first branch in the game, depending on MC's desires, the night might take him to her place or back to his place after picking her up.

Naturally, I'll leave the significance and difference of tone to be discovered by the player. Alongside more Rebecca content.
Plan is to iterate quickly in the early stages and more dynamically respond to patron feedback. Meaning 0.1.2 should follow within days as well.

Once more, I would like to thank my merry band of Patreon supporters, it's a great morale booster. To recognize early supporters, I plan to incorporate a Patreon exclusive character in 0.1.3 or 0.1.4, tentatively by next Saturday or Sunday. Everyone will still get 0.1.y, just minus the exclusive character.

Last edited:

dabloom

Jun 8, 2023
Especially if there's more girls in the sorority later, which brings me to my next question. Any chance of threesomes in the near future, potentially involving said sorority girls?

Reactions: warrenitro

LoganP

Nov 21, 2017
Super hot!
The whole thing oozes quality, very intriguing.
Best of luck with future updates!

bindr

Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Is Jessica part of a sorority? Because umm, that would be pretty hot
Yes, this is part of the outline of her arc which I'd like to flesh out later. Her roommate is also a member of the same sorority, Alpha Beta Sigma (for the memes).

Especially if there's more girls in the sorority later, which brings me to my next question. Any chance of threesomes in the near future, potentially involving said sorority girls?
It's definitely planned (you can see the threesome symbol for some of the girls in Bindr), I am committed to maintaining the render quality that I am providing currently which is edging my RTX 3080 to the brink with just the scene and two characters. I have written tools to convert and optimize textures, which is especially important for characters which can have over 50 maps defining their materials. This is my daily reality at which these scenes are rendered:

perf.png

Eventually, if the game takes off, I'll be able to upgrade to a 3090 and focus more on the content than wrestling iRay.

Jessica (20) is still slated for Monday as part of 0.1.1

jessica.png
A preview of one of the two paths you can take on the date by going back to her dorm room (femdom path). Definitely going to be a strong contrast to Rebecca (immediately obvious, as you'll see).

Patrons will be receiving special animated versions of the game, "0.1.y A"+
Starting with 0.1.1a, everyone else will receive 0.1.1 (same quality standards as 0.1.0)

Think Milfy City animations, but not lit separately and blended over a static background, that doesn't satisfy my quality standards. Characters affect the environment and the environment affects the characters, it's crucial for realism.

nextgirl.gif
Animation test for a character in 0.1.2 (clothing and appearance far from final, will change drastically)

To make it more fair for my
, each subsequent version, starting with 0.1.1, patrons will be receiving the version of the game with animations, much like as it can be seen in Milfy City and that other one... Just with the render quality you've come to expect so far. Compute time is fairly intense, easily 30 minutes for 1 second of animation (0.16 kWh / second of animation). Especially when physical clothing is simulated. Going to be optimizing that.

Girl is a test preview for the title character of the future update, 0.1.2 (probably Thursday). On Monday (tomorrow), 0.1.1 is releasing with Jessica. Rapid prototyping will continue until a solid base for the game is constructed.

Additionally, I am creating exclusive renders for each version of the game so far, so that patrons can recoup their investment, to release alongside 0.1.1.

Bonus: Dream Sequences (future version, tentative)

One thing I'm exploring with the concept is dream sequences, where the MC might have playable flashbacks where he's an 18 year old, inexperienced high school student / nerd and one of his interests, such as Rebecca, is his teacher in the dream... Any similarity to my math teacher in high school and fantasies of the same person are completely accidental.

rebecca.gif

Last edited:

I Like Good Food

Apr 2, 2022
Hi. Not a fan of anal in general but this proof of concept is one of the more exciting things ive come across. Good luck to you and ill be following the dev!

warrenitro

Aug 20, 2021
I love how smoothly the demo runs on my cheap and ancient potato of a PC. Hoping that as the game grows with animations etc I won't need a new computer to run it .

Also this game isn't showing up on my "Latest Updates" page, might wanna check with the F95 mods and get it listed :)

Last edited:

itsrailingmen

Jun 11, 2023
Wow, day 1 in this forum and I already found something that looks right up my alley! Will definitely keep my eye on this, I'm always a fan of some femdom & pegging action!

Reactions: bindr

comte bonfim

Nov 13, 2021
Also this game isn't showing up on my "Latest Updates" page, might wanna check with the F95 mods and get it listed :)
The game isn't fully released yet, this thread is in Development/Programming tabs, if I'm not mistaken. This was suppose to be a prototype/proof of concept thread to see if people like the idea and if everything works, then release it. I don't know, but I believe that was the intention.

bindr

Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
The game isn't fully released yet, this thread is in Development/Programming tabs, if I'm not mistaken. This was suppose to be a prototype/proof of concept thread to see if people like the idea and if everything works, then release it. I don't know, but I believe that was the intention.
Correct, I prefer to flesh it out a bit before sharing it with more people. Think of it as more early access and everyone interested should follow along here. Once it's ready for the Latest Updates page, it should have sufficient content for people. Too many games launch a very minimal 0.1.0 thingie. By 0.1.5, we should already have 5-6 women and a breadth of content among them, alongside a sense of what's the game supposed to be like. I am currently voicing Jessica's lines for tomorrow's release (Monday, June 12th) of 01.1. Can't really say the hour because it all depends on how wrangling this ML stuff goes, it has a mind of its own.

Wow, day 1 in this forum and I already found something that looks right up my alley! Will definitely keep my eye on this, I'm always a fan of some femdom & pegging action!
I suspect you'll be having a field day with this one, then. :D

I love how smoothly the demo runs on my cheap and ancient potato of a PC. Hoping that as the game grows with animations etc I won't need a new computer to run it .
My goal is to ensure that it's the smallest download possible, through the use of optimized webp and webm content. I am currently trying to keep the quality of the animated portions up with the size down. The denoiser's removal of high frequency signals helps with video compression as less coefficients are needed for lower frequency data.

Hi. Not a fan of anal in general but this proof of concept is one of the more exciting things ive come across. Good luck to you and ill be following the dev!
Stick around, Jessica has both submissive and dominant tendencies which will be possible to explore in 0.1.1. And there are plenty of characters who are marked as "not into anal" (lack of the anal beads symbol in the app under their name).

0.1.1 EXPECTED RELEASE: AROUND 6 PM EST

Last edited: